• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The worst household chore..

Has to be cleaning the shower/tub!! Just got done scrubbing the shower/tub and I hate it.

Me, too! I'm, also, not a big fan of putting clothes away after I've folded them.
The easiest/best shower cleaner I have ever used that actually gets the shower sparkling clean without massive scrubbing is Easy Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner in the blue can. I swear it is a miracle cleaner. Spray it on, wait 10-15 minutes and wipe it off. I kid you not.

Ironing - I hate ironing.

What is this ironing that you speak of? Lol.

I hate putting clothes away. I can wash and dry all day long, but I get my dd to put away stuff.

As for cleaning, I don't mind it. I did it for a living. And oddly enough it relaxed me. I am a big believer in finding products that work for you. As well as maintain the cleaning so it doesn't build up.

Dusting here too. We have lots of little figurines and action figures and so on and these seem to attract dust constantly.

Does making salad count? I hate making salad.

I hate making salad, too! All that cutting and chopping, and I end up with SALAD. At least when I dice up onions, peppers, black olives, scallions, and tomatoes, I can end up with nachos, but making salad is NOT a favorite task!

Cleaning those small slatted blinds gets monotonous after a while.

I gave up on one of the slatted blinds. I worked on it for about 5 min. and decided, nope, not worth my time or energy, and bought a new one!

I usually don't mind cleaning house, but I hate folding laundry. I do it, and I'm picky about it so it takes a bit of time, but I hate doing it. I'm also not a big fan of vacuuming, but that's because it tends to trigger my bad disc. That's OK, 99.5% of the time DH does the vacuuming. He also cleans the shower most of the time, too. He's kind-of a keeper!

Has to be cleaning the shower/tub!! Just got done scrubbing the shower/tub and I hate it.

I agree. I hate it! (And mine gets awful because I can't see how bad it is when I'm in the shower without my glasses.)

For me, it’s putting things away.....

I don’t mind doing laundry or loading the dishwasher, I just hate taking the time to put clothing and dishes away. It’s just a monotonous task that I can’t stand, but have to do constantly.

This would be DH's and DS's vote. I put both away at our house.

Ironing - I hate ironing.

I rarely buy things that have to be ironed, and thankfully DH irons the few that do.

Dusting...we have a cat and I could dust the side tables and hardwood floors ,sit down and see it back. My bedroom is the worse really should do it more often . Could write a message on my dresser right now.

We have two, and I agree with how quickly things get dusty. Thankfully, that's DS's department.

I hate cleaning the tile!
I love when its first done, it feels to good to walk on.
Then they come home eat, spill, etc........... doesn't last long enough, endless job.

You've hit on why I don't like housework in general. Right after you're "done" it starts slowly being "undone" again. I'd much rather organize stuff than clean, because the effects last longer.

Cleaning those small slatted blinds gets monotonous after a while.

I finally got rid of the blinds in our bedrooms and it was so freeing! I now have light-blocking curtains with very simple tie-backs for when I want them open, and I love them!

I hate making salad, too! All that cutting and chopping, and I end up with SALAD. At least when I dice up onions, peppers, black olives, scallions, and tomatoes, I can end up with nachos, but making salad is NOT a favorite task!

Yes! And I even like salad - but when I'm hungry, the healthy stuff needs to quicker and easier than the unhealthy stuff. I finally gave up trying to economize there, and I buy the bagged.

Cleaning the fridge and dishwasher. It's tedious, time-consuming, and there's a lot of kneeling on the floor time to get it done.

shower is at the top. The soap film is always there and the grout needs it so often
followed by the toilet.
washing windows

Oh yeah!

My husband loves to grocery shop, but instead of putting everything away when he gets home, he likes to put it on display, all over the counters and kitchen table, so that I know what he’s bought. :scared:

I do about 95% of the grocery shopping and like to perform a Grand Unveiling of the merchandise. I hate when DW starts peeking into the bags before I finish bringing them all inside. Yep, everything needs to be proudly displayed before things can be put away.

We both share the task of putting the items in their proper storage spots.

I do about 95% of the grocery shopping and like to perform a Grand Unveiling of the merchandise. I hate when DW starts peeking into the bags before I finish bringing them all inside. Yep, everything needs to be proudly displayed before things can be put away.

We both share the task of putting the items in their proper storage spots.
It's funny, because I do almost all of the grocery shopping for us too. I also leave the important, "check out what I bought us today", items out on the table or counter as long as possible to make sure she sees the great results of all my hard work. :)

She absolutely hates shopping so it works for us. I can't complain that she hates shopping in any way, shape or form, cause it saves us a ton of money based on that alone. Win/win.

For me, it's bottle returns. Here in MI, we pay $.10 for every can and bottle when purchased. You have to take them back to these gross, smelly rooms attached to the grocery store and load each one individually into the machine to get your receipt printout. It takes forever, is gross (I wear gloves to do it)"and you have to transport those in your car. I used to put them out to the curb on garbage day and had regulars that picked them up from me ....
to avoid this chore. Now, our community has moved to these fancy automated garbage trucks that don't allow for anything to be put at the curb without being in the fancy garbage van. It has ruined my life. Shower cleaning absolutely pales in comparison.

Windows & the car come close second and third. UGH!!

I washed the car yesterday took nearly an hour because I would wash / scrub rinse and then have to go back over it because it still had bugs or I missed a spot. And to top it off I need a step stool to get the top of the car and it isn't like I have a tall car, I have a Ford Fiesta.

Windows no matter what I use I had to "buff" out streaks/glare. They take forever. Especially since I have a 6ft x 10ft window in the front room. It only gets cleaned about once every 6 months because it takes too long.

Sweeping the dog hair and vacuuming. Those are two separate things in this house, we have 2 long-haired dogs in the house, so we sweep the dog hair with a broom and then vacuum the floors.

I was reading a recent article and it was talking about how doing the dishes was the household chore most often argued about in terms of burdens for couples.

Dusting, moreso on days where my allergies are really irritated are hard, cleaning the bathroom yeah that is just icky IMO, but day to day it's really the dishes. It's both doing them and putting them away.

I don't mind laundry as much (my husband does his own) though there are times I put it off when I really shouldn't), vaccuming isn't terrible most of the time other than dealing with cutting away the hair that gets stuck in the brush roller.

The cat litter is probably my second in terms of dreaded chores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter