The why of (Just Canceled 12/19-31)

kc5grw

Musket Mickey's Motoring Maniac #1
I just canceled a preferred site reservation for 12/19-31/2008 at 8:00am CST.

Sorry to hear that, we were just sitting around last night complaining about how much its gonna hurt to not be at Fort Wilderness this Christmas.

It's okay actually. I could go into details on why the WDW trip was cancelled, but I might have to kill someone. :cool2:

Ok, I wont ask! ;) Hope you're able to reschedule soon...like maybe Oct 09?? :thumbsup2

I won't ask either. ;) I hope things turn around for you soon. Sorry you had to cancel.

Wow, what a bummer.:sad1:
So sorry to hear that. Hopefully ya'll be able to book another trip soon.
And if not soon,,then ya'll sure would be welcomed to the Oct 09 GG !:thumbsup2

Actually it's not really a bummer. I may or may not already have reservations for next Christmas and I may or may not have alternative plans for this Christmas. Nobody knows for sure. :lmao: The Oct 09 GG would be fun, but with a 7th grader and 10th grader, both in band and choir, it's kinda hard to do anything during the school year. I'm left to vacation in summer, spring break, or Christmas. Not that Christmas at the Fort is a bad thing. Only 5.5 more years till my vacations are not dictated by my kids schedules :cool1:.

This message will self destruct... ...:cool2:

Actually it's not really a bummer. I may or may not already have reservations for next Christmas and I may or may not have alternative plans for this Christmas. Nobody knows for sure. :lmao: The Oct 09 GG would be fun, but with a 7th grader and 10th grader, both in band and choir, it's kinda hard to do anything during the school year. I'm left to vacation in summer, spring break, or Christmas. Not that Christmas at the Fort is a bad thing. Only 5.5 more years till my vacations are not dictated by my kids schedules :cool1:.

This message will self destruct... ...:cool2:

I understand. We did Christmas at Dinsey for 12 years too.:thumbsup2

Okay, I finally told my daughters last night that we are going to Disneyland CA for Christmas this year. That is why the Fort ressies were canceled a couple of weeks ago. I also let them know that I did have Fort ressies, since October 2007, for this Christmas that I canceled. They couldn't believe I had the ressies for so long and THEY didn't know about. Well, they don't read the camping boards very much or the probably would know. :rotfl:They spend their time on Teen Disney.

So we leave for CA in just under 4 weeks. Won't be the same as at the Fort. My girls even said that. But it will still be Christmas at Disney. My DD15 is pretty psyched though, she's going to get to see the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion. Both are also pretty pumped about getting to see some of the other things at Disneyland that are different than WDW.

We will be pulling the trailer to CA. It's still cheaper to pull the trailer and camp for 5 people than to book a hotel and fly (or drive even). I won't be staying in one of parking lot campgrounds close to Disneyland. I'm booked at Canyon RV Park about 15 miles away. Yea, traffic will be a pain but I like the setting better. Although there will be a bit of charred country side there. The Orange County Freeway fire a week ago went right through the area where the park is located. They did say they lost a bath house at the west end of the park, but other than that they were spared significant damage.

Hope your Christmas is everything you want. Enjoy your trip to CA. We will be traveling to Disney World on the 10th of Dec. thru the 16th. Staying at the Fort. Merry Christmas to you and yours. :santa:

Okay, I finally told my daughters last night that we are going to Disneyland CA for Christmas this year. That is why the Fort ressies were canceled a couple of weeks ago. I also let them know that I did have Fort ressies, since October 2007, for this Christmas that I canceled. They couldn't believe I had the ressies for so long and THEY didn't know about. Well, they don't read the camping boards very much or the probably would know. :rotfl:They spend their time on Teen Disney.

So we leave for CA in just under 4 weeks. Won't be the same as at the Fort. My girls even said that. But it will still be Christmas at Disney. My DD15 is pretty psyched though, she's going to get to see the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion. Both are also pretty pumped about getting to see some of the other things at Disneyland that are different than WDW.

We will be pulling the trailer to CA. It's still cheaper to pull the trailer and camp for 5 people than to book a hotel and fly (or drive even). I won't be staying in one of parking lot campgrounds close to Disneyland. I'm booked at Canyon RV Park about 15 miles away. Yea, traffic will be a pain but I like the setting better. Although there will be a bit of charred country side there. The Orange County Freeway fire a week ago went right through the area where the park is located. They did say they lost a bath house at the west end of the park, but other than that they were spared significant damage.

Be sure and post pictures of the campground out there on the Community Board. One of these days gonna pull the camper cross country and Disneyland will be on the list. You say it's 15 miles away like it's a long distance. There are points on Disney property 15 miles apart!!!!

Be sure and post pictures of the campground out there on the Community Board. One of these days gonna pull the camper cross country and Disneyland will be on the list. You say it's 15 miles away like it's a long distance. There are points on Disney property 15 miles apart!!!!

Yea, but we're talking about 15 miles in LA.:scared1: Hopefully a lot of folks will be off that week and we won't have to do to much battle on the freeways. pirate:

I've never been to dinsey at Christmas. I'll miss Disney this Christmas though. It's the best time of year to go!

And this is the reason I picked a campground 15 miles away instead of one a mile away.

This is the aerial view of Canyon RV Park
canyonrvpark.jpg

This is the aerial view of TWO campgrounds within a mile or 2 of Disney.
anaheimcg.jpg

I've never been to dinsey at Christmas. I'll miss Disney this Christmas though. It's the best time of year to go!

I've never been to Dinsey either, but I hear there is at least one person on the boards who has. Maybe he can let us know what that's like. :rotfl2:

That sounds great! Let us know how it goes. The drive there vs. Florida from Dallas. My DD15 keeps asking to go to DisneyLand.

Happy planning!

We were at Disneyland for Christmas several years ago. My DS and Dbil camped at a parking lot and we hoteled it. The haunted mansion done up as Nightmare is awesome. I wish they would do that at WDW once. You will have a great time. Totally different, but yet the same. We liked it, some people don't.

I been to Disneyland CA 3 times. I know I will like it. I know the family will like it also, they have never been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter