The What's For Dinner Thread - March '10 (recipe index in OP)

I wanted to say to Aimee that I LOVED the tortillas! They were easy to make and tasted great! We used them as wraps for the salad I showed a picture of above. Thanks for posting that recipe.

I'm glad!!

Ellen, happy birthday!!!

Tonight we are going with another couple to a fancy dancy country club for steak night. We've never been; very excited!

Maria Did you ever read the book The Borrowers? maybe that is who is tap dancing in your attic or you have a tap dancing poltergeist ;) I confess I am totally baffled with the new loan thingy. But it is ok since I spend most of my day baffled in one way or another.:rolleyes1

Thought you were my friend;)
That book could send me over the edge.

Steph, glad the kids had a great day!

Aimee, I've been exercising, reading, etc. It could be worse so I shouldn't complain.

Sheryl, how are you feeling:hug:

Nan, I love the idea of your neighbor dinners.

Next week I'm going to Newport with Greg on business, not sure of the day yet but if any local girls want to have lunch I would love it.

spinninghappybirthday.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN!

Ellen- Happy Birthday!

Maria- let me know once you know the date. Maybe I'll be able to drive down.

Dinner tonight is out with an old friend that I haven't seen in years. I'm so excited. Unlike the other night she is a female and I am totally comfortable with her so I can eat whatever I want and just relax and enjoy a night out.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN!!!!!

I hope you have a good day! :goodvibes

Thanks for the support my friends! But PLEASE I don't want everyone worrying about me!! Just say some prayers or send some good vibes my way. :grouphug:
My back & neck are doing a bit better, my knee is still hurting, emotionally I'm on the upswing!

Stephanie, I'm happy your kids had a good first day! Was Mommy okay? :hug:

Nan, I'll bet that cutie Nola really does keep everyone entertained! :cutie: I hate when I buy clothes that I have to keep adjusting & tugging on.

Maria, I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Becky, Delicious looking salad!

Aimee & Michelle, Enjoy your evening out!

Dinner changed again last night. Angelina & Josh stopped by so that Josh could cut some plywood to repair the cabinet under the sink. So we had take out poboys & visited with them.

Don't know what I fixing tonight.

Gosh, thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I REALLY appreciate them.

Stephanie ~ I am so glad that Matthew had a good day. Emma sounds so cute. It sounds like she is going to have a great year.

Maria ~ sweetie, I am so glad you are joining Greg next week. The change of scenery will do you good. I only wish I was close enough to have lunch with you.

Nancy ~ I so wish I was closer. I am glad that Buddy listened to me. You can't change it - so you need to accept it and move on. Love ya!!

Michelle ~ I am so glad dinner went good. I know how worried you were. Have fun tonight!!

Marilyn ~ How's the cheek today? Much better I hope!

Lauri ~ I hate funks. Hopefully it won't last too long.

Sheryl ~ I am glad you are feeling a bit better.

Kat ~ thanks so much for taking such good care of us.

Becky ~ I wish that Chicken salad was my birthday dinner. YUM!!! I would so be a happy girl.

Ethan got along just fine at school yesterday. No tears and was all smiles when I saw him last night. Thanks everyone for thinking about him.

WFDT ~ Since it's my Birthday - we are going out to dinner. I have no idea where, but I am sure it will be yummy.

Have a great day all!

Ellen- cheeks okay. Still hurts where he did the injection but other then that it's fine. The hygenist at my cleaning today said that is because they have to put so much Novacaine in it to make sure all of the nerves are completely numb.

Had a deep cleaning today and that is fine too. Everyone I talked to said it would be sore after but it's not. Had to pay $60 for a special kit that I have to use for the next 28 days. :eek: It has special mouth rinse, toothpaste and flossers in it. I swear, by the time this is all said and done my mouth is going to be worth more than my house. :rolleyes:

Tonight we are going with another couple to a fancy dancy country club for steak night. We've never been; very excited!

Have fun!

Next week I'm going to Newport with Greg on business, not sure of the day yet but if any local girls want to have lunch I would love it.

I'll talk to Marisa to see if she has any time available :yay:

Dinner tonight is out with an old friend that I haven't seen in years. I'm so excited. Unlike the other night she is a female and I am totally comfortable with her so I can eat whatever I want and just relax and enjoy a night out.

Have a great time!

WFDT ~ Since it's my Birthday - we are going out to dinner. I have no idea where, but I am sure it will be yummy.
!

I love going out for my birthday! Have a great dinner on your special day!

I swear, by the time this is all said and done my mouth is going to be worth more than my house. :rolleyes:

DOn't seem right, does it? Feel better soon!

So my chowder is Eh....... I think i like corn chowder better.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN!!

Sorry this is short but had to share I'm whipped after today. Had our in service today. It was a hands on as they called it. We drove up to the school where it was taking place a our hearts about stopped beating.

1 A school bus on its side with a car under the drivers compartment and a pick up under. (a mock bus accedent) Had kids inside that had to be evacuated with fire and police and ambulances ect.

2 A bus on its side that we had to try walking though. (My bus I drove from this past school year :sad2: I get a new bus this year)

3 another bus backed into a hill had to practice an evacuation.

4Then to top it all off was what my boss called a bus BBQ. They burned a bus up so we could witness how fast it burns.

Boy my emotions are drained. Please remind me why I do this job is kinda how I'm feeling. Need a glass of wine about now :thumbsup2

:grouphug: Hugs to all.

P.S. We had to destroy our old buses as that was part of how the grant went that we got 9 new propane buses.

Marilyn, I can't believe you went for a deep cleaning the day after a root canal! :scared1: You must have quite a high threshold for pain Dear Lady! Go rest you deserve it!:hug:

Lauri, Yikes! That sure sounds emotionally draining! Did you have any trouble handling the physical part of it? Hope you went ahead & poured that glass of wine!:hug:

I still haven't figured out what's for dinner. Need to go see what's in the freezer.

Happy Birthday Ellen! I hope you enjoy your dinner.

Maria -- I am sorry things have been so difficult for you. Feel better and I hope you enjoy a couple days away with Greg.

Aimee -- Enjoy your night out!

Michelle -- I am glad your dinner went well. I hate clothes that make me feel self-conscious. Have fun tonight!

Stephanie -- Im so glad to hear your kids had good first days of school. The pictures were so cute!

Nancy -- I'm sorry your clam chowder was a disappointment. Beck makes an awesome clam chowder with quohogs...maybe she'll post the recipe (hint, hint, Beck ;)) Your Nola stories are so cute. How is her baby sister doing?

Marilyn -- I hope your mouth is feeling better.

Lauri -- That sounds like an awful day. I hope you never encounter any of those scenarios. :hug:

Dinner was fried haddock, onion rings and salad. The kids were very happy. I think tomorrow is grilled pizza, so I shouldn't get any complaints about that either.

A quick post before I head out the door.

Lauri Have 2 glasses ;) I think I would have to keep reminding myself it is not real. I would have been crying my eyes out. I get too emotional:upsidedow

Ellen I am hoping your birthday dinner is wonderful.

Nancy I really dislike when something I have a real taste for does not pan out.

Ok library time, later gators!

Kathy, Thanks so much for keeping up with all of our recipes, pics, etc. :thumbsup2 Plus a special THANKS for taking care of Our Great Group of Friends!!!:grouphug::thanks:

No need to thank me for anything guys. I haven't been a very good friend to any of you here lately and I apologize. I haven't felt well physically in so long I forgot what it feels like to feel good and my boy left for Baton Rouge today for the start of the fall semester on Monday.:sad1:

Marilyn, I can't believe you went for a deep cleaning the day after a root canal! :scared1: You must have quite a high threshold for pain Dear Lady! Go rest you deserve it!:hug:

The hygenist couldn't believe I wasn't in constant pain because of the broken tooth. I guess I do have a high threshold.:confused3

No need to thank me for anything guys. I haven't been a very good friend to any of you here lately and I apologize. I haven't felt well physically in so long I forgot what it feels like to feel good and my boy left for Baton Rouge today for the start of the fall semester on Monday.:sad1:

:hug:

Went to a surprise Grandma shower tonight. It was really nice. We had snack type foods and Sangria. She got lots of books, some special baby clothes and several bottles of wine. I made her a baby quilt to match one I made for her for Christmas a few years ago and a journel to write about her adventures with the baby.

Lauri Have 2 glasses ;) I think I would have to keep reminding myself it is not real. I would have been crying my eyes out. I get too emotional:upsidedow

I agree....Lauri you must be exhausted.

Nan, it would be great if we could meet.

Kat, prayers & hugs coming your way:hug:

Aimee, I've been exercising, reading, etc. It could be worse so I shouldn't complain.

Don't say that! Someone always has it worse than you but that doesn't mean you discount what you're going through. :hug:

Sorry this is short but had to share I'm whipped after today. Had our in service today. It was a hands on as they called it. We drove up to the school where it was taking place a our hearts about stopped beating.

:eek: That is draining.

Dinner was sooooooooo good. Really nice steak, potato, etc. Good conversation and lots of wine :cool1: We had to dress up but it was worth it :thumbsup2

Where is everyone today?

Kathy -- :hug: I hope you start to feel better, both physically and emotionally.

Dinner is going to be burritos with Aimee's homemade tortillas. I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Good grief where is everybody?

Hi Laura!!

Kat ~ I really hope you start feeling better. You haven't felt good for most of the summer. Bless your heart.

Marilyn ~ I have never heard of a Grandma shower. How fun is that!!!

My Birthday was awsome. We went to the Pub for dinner. We don't have but 3 places to eat besides fast food. So our choices are very limited. I really enjoyed the evening. Then Doug and I came home and had a nice glass of wine on the patio. Pure Bliss!!

WFDT ~ hamburgers with all the fixings, cool ranch chips, strawberry shortcake (homemade) and tea. If it's nice we will eat on the patio.

Have a great weekend my friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter