The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

It looks like all of Summer 2022 (6/1-8/15) got put in the "restricted dates" category for any reservations made on or after October 20th. Each owner can use a total of two Guest Certificates in an entire year across all restricted dates, unless the owner is traveling in a unit at the same time as their guests.

https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...rces/reservations/owner-priority-reservations
I know at least one large-scale renter is putting guest names on at the very last minute to get around this, but I would not count on that working---at the very least, I'd have a backup I could cancel same day with a low penalty. Wyndham has really been cracking down on large-scale renting.

One of my neighbors went last summer and paid 1,000 for a two bedroom for a week.
That was well below market rate. I wouldn't expect it going forward.

I know at least one large-scale renter is putting guest names on at the very last minute to get around this, but I would not count on that working---at the very least, I'd have a backup I could cancel same day with a low penalty. Wyndham has really been cracking down on large-scale renting.
I wonder how long this will last before Wyndham figures out how to shut that down. I certainly wouldn't want to be the one with a confirmed reservation and having my name added at the last minute. What do you do if you show up and can't check in?

Does anyone know if there are one bedroom lake view suites at Bonnet Creek? If so are any located on the first floor? Or are all one bedroom suites parking lot views? Thank you in advance for your feedback.

We always request ground floor and ive never had a lake view. There is too much crap in the way to see the lake from the ground floor even if you get a pool facing view between the bushes, pools, railings, bars, etc…

Any recommendations for places to stay since WBC is blacked out for the summer? Man, I'm super bummed about it. We're thinking about going cruising instead but taking one more look at it before we book a cruise. Thanks for any and all recommendations.

Hi All! Time for us to start planning and dreaming after a looooong hiatus! Next trip isn't planned until summer, but we're starting to try to absorb all that is new at WDW since our last trip in January of 2020. So my thought du jour is transportation. We've often been AP holders, so blissfully ignorant of the park parking fees, but with the park pass system now, the AP doesn't look as appealing as it once did. In thinking about daily parking fees, I started thinking about just going without a car and using Uber or Lyft. We've used rideshare from WBC in the past when we had park-hopping in the plans, but haven't ever completely relied on it. Any thoughts on not renting a car? Uber and Lyft are still allowed to service WDW property and surrounding areas, right???

Hi All! Time for us to start planning and dreaming after a looooong hiatus! Next trip isn't planned until summer, but we're starting to try to absorb all that is new at WDW since our last trip in January of 2020. So my thought du jour is transportation. We've often been AP holders, so blissfully ignorant of the park parking fees, but with the park pass system now, the AP doesn't look as appealing as it once did. In thinking about daily parking fees, I started thinking about just going without a car and using Uber or Lyft. We've used rideshare from WBC in the past when we had park-hopping in the plans, but haven't ever completely relied on it. Any thoughts on not renting a car? Uber and Lyft are still allowed to service WDW property and surrounding areas, right???
Our daughter and SiL just came back from a stay at WBC without a rental car, using rideshare for everything. She reported that at park close they often had to wait for 15 or 20 minutes for a vehicle to become available, and I think she mentioned they got hit with surge pricing at times as well. But overall they were satisfied with it and happy they hadn't rented a car. BTW they did book a limo service for the ride from airport to WBC so they could stop at the grocery on the way in, but they used rideshare back to the airport.

I know the lack of AP appeal to you is related to multiple factors, but you do know that passholders park free at the parks, right?

Our daughter and SiL just came back from a stay at WBC without a rental car, using rideshare for everything. She reported that at park close they often had to wait for 15 or 20 minutes for a vehicle to become available, and I think she mentioned they got hit with surge pricing at times as well. But overall they were satisfied with it and happy they hadn't rented a car. BTW they did book a limo service for the ride from airport to WBC so they could stop at the grocery on the way in, but they used rideshare back to the airport.

I know the lack of AP appeal to you is related to multiple factors, but you do know that passholders park free at the parks, right?
Thanks for the thoughts CarolynFH! The Publix run would need to be factored in for us as well, so that's a good point. And yep, I'm up on passholders getting free parking (until THAT's taken away too...kidding....kind of...I'm still just a tad bitter about how they handled the AP holders with the closure last year and the return at a higher price with less value...I'm still feeling a bit like a jilted lover, but I'm warming back up!) I just don't know if the tradeoff of less park pass reservations is worth the "savings" of an AP. I need to do more research on that and understand how the park pass thing really works for offsite AP holders.

Thanks for the thoughts CarolynFH! The Publix run would need to be factored in for us as well, so that's a good point. And yep, I'm up on passholders getting free parking (until THAT's taken away too...kidding....kind of...I'm still just a tad bitter about how they handled the AP holders with the closure last year and the return at a higher price with less value...I'm still feeling a bit like a jilted lover, but I'm warming back up!) I just don't know if the tradeoff of less park pass reservations is worth the "savings" of an AP. I need to do more research on that and understand how the park pass thing really works for offsite AP holders.
Yep, I fully understand! I'm glad we renewed our Gold APs last March - we have until this coming March to decide whether to renew as Sorcerers or not!

We always request ground floor and ive never had a lake view. There is too much crap in the way to see the lake from the ground floor even if you get a pool facing view between the bushes, pools, railings, bars, etc…
So do you usually get a parking lot view?

It looks like all of Summer 2022 (6/1-8/15) got put in the "restricted dates" category for any reservations made on or after October 20th.
There's about a 25% chance our family will head down to Orlando in mid-June. Hoping that Club Wyndham blocked off these dates for now, and will open them up if they see low occupancy rates.

So do you usually get a parking lot view?
About half the ground-floor units are on the parking lot side, the other half are on the pool side.

The point is that if you are on the pool side, you can't see much because of landscaping.

There is also landscaping on the parking lot side, so your view of the parking lot also likely will be blocked.

If you are on the ground floor, you likely aren't going to have a view. This also means you will have more privacy.

The vast majority of units are on upper floors at WBC and would have better views.

will open them up if they see low occupancy rates.
Hasn't happened yet for any of the other dates so far---and Bonnet has filled faster than the other Orlando resorts even under restrictions. For my March week it is already fully booked, and has been for at least a month now.

I would not hold my breath, and would have a backup plan. The resort is very popular for owner travel.

Hasn't happened yet for any of the other dates so far---and Bonnet has filled faster than the other Orlando resorts even under restrictions. For my March week it is already fully booked, and has been for at least a month now.

I would not hold my breath, and would have a backup plan. The resort is very popular for owner travel.
Not holding my breath, and already have other options lined up. But that summer blackout is long, June is not March, and I also am not going to be booking for another few months. OTOH, Club Wyndham knows all this as well or better than I do. So, we'll see.

I went back and looked--my March week is a bit of an outlier, because it happens to be the spring break week for both Florida and Texas schools. Easter week is also pretty solidly booked. The rest of March, the rest of April, and all of May still has 2BR availability.

But as far as I know, they've never removed *any* resort or period from the restricted lists. So, it would still be surprising to see it then.

We just checked in as guests of an owner. The guy at the sales desk were we get the bands told us that unless we go to the sales pitch we cannot use any of the amenities, is this true or a just a hard sale tactic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter