The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

In mid June Wyndham added weekend dates including dates in October, which your dates overlap on 2 weekends. When did you make your reservation? I would definitely want some clarification on how they will be able to add your name since your vacation is impacted on both weekends. I understand your worry.
View attachment 610447
I booked with them back in February. VS said that they wouldn’t cancel it if it’s same day as check in, but I don’t trust that. They also said I can’t cancel (without losing my funds), but if that’s the case I won’t know if WBC will cancel my reservation until the day I arrive, which is more scary. What’s the likelihood of finding a decent hotel on my day of arrival?

I booked with them back in February. VS said that they wouldn’t cancel it if it’s same day as check in, but I don’t trust that. They also said I can’t cancel (without losing my funds), but if that’s the case I won’t know if WBC will cancel my reservation until the day I arrive, which is more scary. What’s the likelihood of finding a decent hotel on my day of arrival?

Quick expedia search for lake buena vista shows some decent hotels around the $100 a night currently. You might also be able to get a late deal with hotwire - hotrate search. Vacation strategy does alot of reservations, I would hope they have had success with this day of name change on other reservations. I did call when they added the weekend dates and was told if you were payed in full they added your name before the weekend date limit went into effect. Were you payed in full in June?

Quick expedia search for lake buena vista shows some decent hotels around the $100 a night currently. You might also be able to get a late deal with hotwire - hotrate search. Vacation strategy does alot of reservations, I would hope they have had success with this day of name change on other reservations. I did call when they added the weekend dates and was told if you were payed in full they added your name before the weekend date limit went into effect. Were you payed in full in June?
No I think my final payment was in August. If that was the case I wonder why they didn’t/don’t reach out to upcoming reservations and change the name or make sure they’re paid in full. If I hadn’t called WBC to confirm, I wouldn’t have known.

No I think my final payment was in August. If that was the case I wonder why they didn’t/don’t reach out to upcoming reservations and change the name or make sure they’re paid in full. If I hadn’t called WBC to confirm, I wouldn’t have known.

It was like one day notice, had to be done by that night I think when Wyndham added the weekend dates. I am so sorry you are dealing with this so close to your vacation.

It was like one day notice, had to be done by that night I think when Wyndham added the weekend dates. I am so sorry you are dealing with this so close to your vacation.
I think I might call tomorrow and get some assurances from the staff. If I still feel strange about it I’ll probably just book something else and eat the deposit fee if it works out at WBC. If they cancel my reservation at least we’ll have a backup plan.

THis seems to be Vacation Strategy's strategy to get around the blackout dates. I don't think the cancellation of reservations happens the same day and might be somewhat manual processes by Wyndham. So by adding the name to the reservation the day of checkin, it doesn't give Wyndham a chance to cancel before checkin and Wyndham certainly wouldn't kick out a guest that is already checked in.

Not sure I would be comfortable with the process they have in place if this is indeed what they are doing.

If I still feel strange about it I’ll probably just book something else and eat the deposit fee if it works out at WBC. If they cancel my reservation at least we’ll have a backup plan.
I think this is a good idea. Think of the deposit as trip insurance.

THis seems to be Vacation Strategy's strategy to get around the blackout dates. [...] Not sure I would be comfortable with the process they have in place if this is indeed what they are doing.
I agree with @dioxide45, and if I were looking to rent a stay at Bonnet Creek in the future, I'd be very hesitant to use VS to do so.

This seems to be Vacation Strategy's strategy to get around the blackout dates. I don't think the cancellation of reservations happens the same day and might be somewhat manual processes by Wyndham. So by adding the name to the reservation the day of check-in, it doesn't give Wyndham a chance to cancel before check-in and Wyndham certainly wouldn't kick out a guest that is already checked in.

Not sure I would be comfortable with the process they have in place if this is indeed what they are doing.
This strategy seems insane. WAY too risky. Are we sure that is what VS is up to?

Be aware that Wyndham owners can use two guest confirmations per year during the restricted dates when not traveling with their guests.

A large point manager may be controlling lots of smaller accounts, and be able to use these confirmations.

As Wyndham changes the rules, those vacation brokers have to adjust their strategies to maximize points and profits. So far, I have not heard of any issues with Vacation Strategy.

I don't know all the techniques they are using or how they have changed with the new restrictions. I do know that waiting to book at the last minute in the Wyndham system can be a way to maximize your points.

The key thing is really trusting the company you are renting a reservation from. Do they have a track record? Do they have good customer service?

This strategy seems insane. WAY too risky. Are we sure that is what VS is up to?
We don't know, just hypothesizing. I would hope that they are no longer actively renting reservations that overlap blackout dates. But for some of those reservations that were in place before the blackouts were announced and the guest certs didn't get added in time, perhaps this is their mitigation strategy.

I don't know all the techniques they are using or how they have changed with the new restrictions. I do know that waiting to book at the last minute in the Wyndham system can be a way to maximize your points.
They aren't waiting till the last minute to book. The reservation was made in February. They just seem to be waiting till the day of checkin to add the guest name.

I don't know if there are three-bedroom units on the ground floor, but those units have patios. The only ground floor area I would not want to get is near the minigolf. I always feel bad for the people with those rooms, because of the lack of privacy.

As for mobility concerns, the resort has excellent, fast elevators.
There are 3-bedroom units on the ground floor. We always book 3 bedroom units and always ask for the ground floor on Tower 4 or 5.

Has anyone rented a cabana for a day? If so what was the cost and would 4 adults fit under it?

Has anyone rented a cabana for a day? If so what was the cost and would 4 adults fit under it?

We rented one the Saturday after Thanksgiving last year. It cost $109. There were four adults in our party and it worked well. I believe there were two of the lounge type chairs and two regular chairs. We thought it was well worth the investment to have some guaranteed shade and space.

We rented one the Saturday after Thanksgiving last year. It cost $109. There were four adults in our party and it worked well. I believe there were two of the lounge type chairs and two regular chairs. We thought it was well worth the investment to have some guaranteed shade and space.
Thank you!

Hi, I'm a little confused with the black out dates situation. Let say I purchase a 6 night stay off of Ebay or redweek (Mon-Sat), is there a chance that I could be contacted prior to our trip that it was cancelled? We're going end of Jan.

I found the link with the dates, doesn't look like Jan 29th is listed. Could that change?
When they added blackout dates previously, those who were already fully booked were grandfathered in and not in danger of getting bumped. However, fully booked means that the owner has already sent the renter's name to Wyndham. Some owners take their time sending in the name (possibly for good reasons dealing with refundability or such). I would not expect the January 29 weekend to be added (January is a slow period for travel to Orlando), but then most people were surprised by the other blackout dates. It could happen again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter