The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

My VS quote for a 3BR Deluxe went up slightly for April next year. I'm still in the wait list stage because they can't book until next month.

They called me to let me know. I was ok with it- I might take a peek at some other options, but I will likely stick because I was very happy with their process last time.

I am not an owner, but the recent switch over to the new system has not been easy from what I have read. A 2BR Dlx is 112k points. That comes to about $800 for a week without any discounts. The problem with VS is they do not "own" any points. They manage contracts for many owners, rent their points out, pay their MFs, and they get to use some of the points remaining for vacations.

Don't panic is all I can offer. If VS is not lying and everything is booked (extremely unlikely), the people that have them booked will be renting them. You should be seeing rentals for the $500-$600 range in July.
Thank you so much! At this point, I'm going to make a hotel reservation (at Doubletree) that I know I can cancel. Just so we have something. I will stay on the warpath to finding something and searching listings. Part is my own indecisiveness. Going back and forth between last week in October and November 5-11 (which I believe is Jersey Week this year). Both weeks, my kids have 2-3 days off of school.

We are owners. The website is all messed up. Many of us can't even book anything because it's showing no availability. I'd wait a couple of weeks and check again.

Just to make things clear, owners do not automatically get 50% off of the points. They do IF there is availability. IF an owner/megarenter has enough points they might book both a 1 bed and 2 bed and in the past cancel both and then rebook the 1 bed and immediately upgrade to the larger unit. From now on that will not be able to happen(in theory) because when I, as a regular owner, book I can put in for an upgrade at that time. So if a mega renter cancels their 2 bedroom it would immediately go to the first person who put in for an upgrade during booking. Mega renters will not be able to get the discounts as easily as before. Rental prices will most probably go up.

The new system will be nice for us regular owners because we might have a better chance of getting the upgrades now. Although, it does hurt us too because we will also not be able to cancel and rebook like in the past.

I would just expect rental prices to go up, at least for the first year or so until they can figure out if they'll still be able to game the system.

Thanks chicagoshannon. The book/rebook is gone. However, the inventory issue is more of a Wyndham problem. I would be willing to bet that WBC is not fully booked out for Sept.

At WBC no. There is no need for a pass. I do know other Wyndham timeshare resorts that do tow cars. WBC is not one of them. If I "had" to stop at the parking desk they usually say something like "you and your wife". I simply say I am traveling without my husband and if he heard her call him my wife, he will turn into the biggest drama queen. It usually freaks them out when you tell them that little lie and they just hand over the pass. That opens them up to some trouble that they don't want to deal with.

i walked over to that desk with my daughter. i was glad i did because along with the parking pass you get a folder with much better maps than what we got when we checked in. the lady asked a couple of times if we wanted to listen to timeshare talk for a couple hours to get a discounted vacation package someplace and I just said no, we have no time and no our time is more valuable than their vacation deal. no pressure and we were out of there!

Could you tell me the discounts for Universal Studios and Discovery Cove if you go to a presentation? Thank you!

Thanks chicagoshannon. The book/rebook is gone. However, the inventory issue is more of a Wyndham problem. I would be willing to bet that WBC is not fully booked out for Sept.
I agree. The inventory is crazy right now. Some resorts are showing no availability for 13 months out(the furthest out we're allowed to book).
They need to get the website fixed fast!

:sad2: I'm calling tomorrow and booking for next March. The website is as slow as molasses and then the ressies just time out anyway.

Just back from another fantastic stay! We are heading back in July for a super quick birthday trip (could not say no to the absolutely fantastic price!!). On my reservation it says upgraded to a 3 Bedroom Presidential Reserve....are the reserve units located in any specific tower?

Just back from another fantastic stay! We are heading back in July for a super quick birthday trip (could not say no to the absolutely fantastic price!!). On my reservation it says upgraded to a 3 Bedroom Presidential Reserve....are the reserve units located in any specific tower?
All 1, 2 and 3 bedrooom presidentials are located in tower 6. Four bedroom presidentials are in all the towers. The reserve refers to the ownership level of the member you rented from, not a special room type.

Anyone hoping that these changes lead to more availability in 2018 not spoken for and then lower prices? With thee current prices higher going into 2018 and with people like Michael WinPoint stepping back for awhile? Or are you all thinking higher than normal while the new system gets the kinks worked out?

I would bet higher than normal and then about a year from now the prices will go back down or they won't because people will be used to the higher prices.

I don't see prices increasing much at all. The issue right now is the system is broken. This is not just WBC, it is across all the biggest resorts during the hottest times. I don't no Winpoint at all. I am guessing what he did in the past was book 2 rooms (say the 2BR Dlx you want and a 1BR Dlx for him to save money). When the 60-day mark hit and no one was on, he would do the book/rebook loophole. In essence, he was charging say $800 for a reservation but only using $300-$400 worth of points. Until the system is worked out and things are more normal, prices will be the same ~$7/1,000.

I think the prices will go up a bit, but only during peak times. There will be no availability at the 60 day mark for times such as Christmas/Spring break/Presidents Day/Easter/Thanksgiving and summer. It was getting a bit crazy because I could rent something off of ebay cheaper than my points were costing me. Now, it will be luck if you get an upgrade and you get discounted points. The renters are going to want to make $$ they won't be doing this for nothing. They still want to make a good profit. So if you add on a profit to the points, the overall price at peak times will go up. Non-peak times, renters can use less points which they will pass along to their customers as before. The difference was that before they could do the cancel/re-book thing, now they can't.

I pay $3098 USA a year for 500,000 which is .006196 a point. Multiply that out for a 1 bedroom is 168,000 X .006196 = $1040.928 for a week at prime time, which is just cost, then you add on a profit so I think it will go up. Also, many of the renters accounts are frozen right now so they are unable to do business.

Some people have contracts for far less in MFs. They bought up contracts at these cheaper resorts to build up points. I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but some people pay $5/1,000 points and some less.

Any one have tips on getting a better room location? In Feb, I was on the second floor of Tower 4 right next to the elevators. My balcony was literally on top of the drop off drive. I really liked the room, but was disappointed with the view/balcony.

Also, is there an issue with booking 8 nights? I was able to in Feb no issue, but right now no one is willing to book 8 nights for me in Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter