The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

The best way to get a potentially better view is to get there early to check-in. Be genuine with the person checking you in. If there are a bunch of people waiting, don't expect much to happen. They are trying to get through everyone there. If there is only 1 or 2 people in line, ask what is available, see if they will work with you on a room assignment. Most will bend over backwards within the confines of what is available.

As for 8 nights and September, I think most of it has to do with the Wyndham site change. From what I have been reading, it is a nightmare at best. The site cannot show accurate availability. An example for WBC is that all of November is 100% booked except Thanksgiving week which has tons of availability. What will happen when the system is working properly is that the inventory for Nov will show back up and those that booked what they believed as available Thanksgiving week will get canceled. Sept is a slow month. the 60-day window is a month away still. Maybe in the next few weeks some of the kinks will be worked out.

The best way to get a potentially better view is to get there early to check-in. Be genuine with the person checking you in. If there are a bunch of people waiting, don't expect much to happen. They are trying to get through everyone there. If there is only 1 or 2 people in line, ask what is available, see if they will work with you on a room assignment. Most will bend over backwards within the confines of what is available.

As for 8 nights and September, I think most of it has to do with the Wyndham site change. From what I have been reading, it is a nightmare at best. The site cannot show accurate availability. An example for WBC is that all of November is 100% booked except Thanksgiving week which has tons of availability. What will happen when the system is working properly is that the inventory for Nov will show back up and those that booked what they believed as available Thanksgiving week will get canceled. Sept is a slow month. the 60-day window is a month away still. Maybe in the next few weeks some of the kinks will be worked out.

Thanks, I figured check in time was important, but wasn't sure. Last time I checked in around midnight and they said all they had left was mine on the second floor and a handful of first floor. But then the place didn't actually seem very full, so I didn't know whether to believe them.

Any one have tips on getting a better room location? In Feb, I was on the second floor of Tower 4 right next to the elevators. My balcony was literally on top of the drop off drive. I really liked the room, but was disappointed with the view/balcony.

Also, is there an issue with booking 8 nights? I was able to in Feb no issue, but right now no one is willing to book 8 nights for me in Sept.

I had that same room when we were just there except we were on the 8th floor. We checked in at 7 am before going to Seaworld and were told that was the only room available. Checkin guy was very nice but said there was nothing he could do. Ended up loving bldg 4 and didn't spend much time on the balcony anyways so it worked out for us. I know people on here always say to check-in as early as possible but I'm not really sure how much of a difference it really makes.

As a precaution, I contacted WBC. With all of the Wyndham site issues for owners, I wanted to confirm my reservation. They are saying that with the system change WBC is very overbooked, upgrades erroneously given out, and there are some that will be turned away at check-in because there are no rooms available.

I talked to a gentleman named Jose. He pulled up the reservation, confirmed we are all set for June 17th, and ready for our visit. I asked if we could reserve a room or building...you gotta try. He laughed and said no unfortunately. He did say I could call the day of to put a request in. If they weren't busy, they could do it over the phone. With the potential overbooking issues, I had planned on arriving around 9AM. Now, I am planning on getting in around 7:30AM or earlier.

Last edited:
I just fired off an e-mail to VS to make sure I still have my reservations at WBC for September and January. I'll update when I hear back...

I had planned on arriving around 9AM. Now, I am planning on getting in around 7:30AM or earlier.

I'm surprised they will check you in before the resort wide check-out time.

I'm surprised they will check you in before the resort wide check-out time.
They will not assign a room until inventory is available. However, I will be checked in, guarantee a room is reserved for me, and I have to wait until it is available. There is a huge issue with the potential overbooking. It will be a disaster as people check-in only to find out they do not have a room for them.

I don't know what Wyndham's plan is because they technically don't have to do anything. The timeshare owner that you rented through are the ones that have to correct it. You can stand there screaming at them, but they are not the ones responsible. You can contact the people you rented from, but they will not have anything they can do other than see if they can get you into one of the other resorts: Reunion, Cypress Palms, and others.

They will not assign a room until inventory is available. However, I will be checked in, guarantee a room is reserved for me, and I have to wait until it is available. There is a huge issue with the potential overbooking. It will be a disaster as people check-in only to find out they do not have a room for them.

Ah I see what you're saying. That is a good idea.

I don't know what Wyndham's plan is because they technically don't have to do anything. The timeshare owner that you rented through are the ones that have to correct it. You can stand there screaming at them, but they are not the ones responsible. You can contact the people you rented from, but they will not have anything they can do other than see if they can get you into one of the other resorts: Reunion, Cypress Palms, and others.

Thats why I e-mailed VS. They should know if reservations are still reserved or if Wyndham recalled them back into inventory. If VS reservations have been pulled then we may have to stay at Windsor in September and hopefully all this madness will have died down for our next trip in January.

I just got off the phone with Lora from VS and she told me that all reservations made prior to the new Wyndham site rollout that VS made are still valid and have not been recalled. So in other words, my two are still good to go. She said I would be notified if anything happened prior to arrival time.

That is what owners know right now. But the owners on TUG are singing a different tune. Wyndham may need to make decisions based on when the reservation was made to determine which are being canceled or not fulfilled. The problem is people are not finding out until they get there.

Ah I see what you're saying. That is a good idea.

Thats why I e-mailed VS. They should know if reservations are still reserved or if Wyndham recalled them back into inventory. If VS reservations have been pulled then we may have to stay at Windsor in September and hopefully all this madness will have died down for our next trip in January.

Windsor is doing a large pool remodel plus painting of the town homes starting End of Aug/Beg of Sept. Going to last 90-120 days. Just an FYI to keep in mind if that matters to your family.

Th only issue at the pool will be the roping off of the hot tub. The rest of the area will be fine at WHs. I have already been looking at contingency plans in case the worst thing that could happen happens. I am confident that I won't have any issues.

That is what owners know right now. But the owners on TUG are singing a different tune. Wyndham may need to make decisions based on when the reservation was made to determine which are being canceled or not fulfilled. The problem is people are not finding out until they get there.

What we know right now is as best as anyone can do. I would hope that notice is given and no one rolls into the parking lot of WBC expecting a reservation and told they didnt have one at the front desk. VS should know if/when their booking are pulled ahead of time.

I have never stayed at WBC before but really want to. Now I feel jinxed that as soon as I start to look, all the inventory disappears! If I was quoted $180/night for a 2 bedroom, for seven nights in October should I jump on it? Sounds like inventory might be iffy for the fall??

I have never stayed at WBC before but really want to. Now I feel jinxed that as soon as I start to look, all the inventory disappears! If I was quoted $180/night for a 2 bedroom, for seven nights in October should I jump on it? Sounds like inventory might be iffy for the fall??

It could be the inventory has disappeared, or it could just be a big computer glitch and there are plenty of rooms available. Many, many issues are being reported with the new Wyndham computer reservation system. These issues will likely continue to shake out for a while. Will they continue until the fall? That is pretty far away, so I hope not. I'd wait a few month to see what happens before locking in anything.

Just be patient. I knee-jerked with this Summer and there was no need to. I don't regret my decision, but the busiest time of year had plenty of openings 2 weeks later. One thing to ease your concerns is to look at the availability in the general area. There were over 3,000 units available. I booked Orange Lake Resort and do not regret it. The lesson is that there are tons of other places in case Wyndham cannot fix the system. I would just wait it out a few months for October dates. If nothing is coming up at the end of August, then start looking for options.

All 1, 2 and 3 bedrooom presidentials are located in tower 6. Four bedroom presidentials are in all the towers. The reserve refers to the ownership level of the member you rented from, not a special room type.

Tower 6. Good to know.

I knew the rooms themselves are the same but did not know all 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms were in tower 6.

Good news. Maybe the IT team is fixing the most critical items first. We are not going again until December, so we have time to wait it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter