The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Yes, bell service has refrigeration for groceries. I have no clue how big it is. Personally, I wait until the room is ready. If I can't go arrival day, I will just go when I wake up the next morning. I wake up so early, the only people at WalMart are the shelfers.

Yes, bell service has refrigeration for groceries. I have no clue how big it is. Personally, I wait until the room is ready. If I can't go arrival day, I will just go when I wake up the next morning. I wake up so early, the only people at WalMart are the shelfers.
Thanks so much for confirming! We have an early day the next day and are coming from Oregon so waking up early will be enough to get to the parks for rope drop :-)

We will be doing some taxiing around on our upcoming trip....Does anyone know if taxis are parked out in front of the hotel or if you need to call bell service to "order" a taxi.
Thanks!

Does anyone know what the hours are for the activity desk to get putters and balls for mini golf and such. We are arriving late afternoon and would love some activities to do after a day of traveling...thanks!
I think the activities desk closes at 11 p.m. but the mini-golf closes at 9 p.m.

We will be doing some taxiing around on our upcoming trip....Does anyone know if taxis are parked out in front of the hotel or if you need to call bell service to "order" a taxi.
Thanks!

You will need to order a taxi. They do not park out front, that I saw during the week.

Thanks!
You are far better off using Uber. It will be cheaper, better service, and not cheated. Taxi drivers will do everything to increase the fare: longer route, route with more lights (waiting at a light costs money), and everything else they can get away with.

You are far better off using Uber. It will be cheaper, better service, and not cheated. Taxi drivers will do everything to increase the fare: longer route, route with more lights (waiting at a light costs money), and everything else they can get away with.

I agree. I had to use taxi once this last trip because there were no ubers available. We needed to get to ESPN for the start of my son's game during spring break. Taxi driver said he knew where to drop us then proceeded to pull into snd drube around thd CM parking lot. I told him turn off meter or there would be no tip.

Thereafter we ubered everywhere all week there was never a problem including the five times uber took us to ESPN.

Does anyone know what the hours are for the activity desk to get putters and balls for mini golf and such. We are arriving late afternoon and would love some activities to do after a day of traveling...thanks!

We just got back from WBC. We loved our stay there, so I hope you do too! The activities desk is open for rentals (of golf clubs, ping pong paddles, and pool sticks) until 9:00. The desk remains open for towel rentals and other items until 10:00. If you are there before 6:00, you can borrow the golf clubs from the stand right next to the mini golf course. The resort runs several activities each day, too, so you might be able to catch a game show or "live entertainment," depending on what day you arrive. There are sundaes at the Craft Center every day from 3:00-4:00 (as well as open craft time earlier in the day) and of course there are the pools. Have fun!

By the way, for those wondering about requesting rooms, we were in an "assigned room" according to the front desk. Our room was not ready right at the official check-in time, even though most people were in their rooms around 2:00 on our check-in day. We were told that the reason we had to wait was that our reservation was attached to a specific unit. This particular owner always gets the same unit. We were a little annoyed until we saw the unit (1079). It was in Tower 5 with a view of the water. We could see some of the Fantasmic and Illuminations fireworks but truthfully weren't in our room at 9:00 on most nights. There were too many fun things to do!

For those who might want to know, I now have my total from Escudos (the poolside bar and restaurant near Towers 4 & 5) and the pictures. It was $113.58 including 20% tip for lunch for 5 adults, including 2 burgers, a chicken tenders meal, a cuban sandwich, a chicken quesadilla, and the "pick two dips with chips" appetizer, as well as two cocktails and a soda. I consider that to be extremely reasonable. My photos are not the best but here are a few:

For those who might want to know, I now have my total from Escudos (the poolside bar and restaurant near Towers 4 & 5) and the pictures. It was $113.58 including 20% tip for lunch for 5 adults, including 2 burgers, a chicken tenders meal, a cuban sandwich, a chicken quesadilla, and the "pick two dips with chips" appetizer, as well as two cocktails and a soda. I consider that to be extremely reasonable. My photos are not the best but here are a few:

There are multiple layers of quesadilla under the top layer - the chips and big (mostly eaten) cups of guac and salsa were from the appetizer I mentioned above, not included with the quesadilla. It came with sour cream and a small cup of guac, rice, and beans.

rum runner

I also mentioned that we ordered delivery from Flipper's - I did not put this on my card so I am not sure of the total but I believe it was around $50.

Mediterranean salad, no ham $8.99

Two topping large pizza with olives and pepperoni, there was a web promo for a two topping and I am not sure of the price. Around $12.99

Large california classic pizza - Basil Pesto sauce, roasted artichoke hearts, roasted grape tomatoes, red onions, fresh spinach & roasted red peppers, $19.39

6 fresh cut breadsticks, covered in melted garlic butter & Romano cheese. Served with pizza sauce $5.99

The pizza, salad, and breadsticks were all excellent. This was plenty to feed 5 adults lunch plus some leftover pizza for the refrigerator for snacks.

Both options - Escudos and Flipper's - were very good. My mom and sister also had the Escudos nachos when I was not there with them and they said they were pretty good but they did not want them again when we all ate at Escudos again later in the trip.

Our view from Tower 4, second floor:

There are multiple layers of quesadilla under the top layer - the chips and big (mostly eaten) cups of guac and salsa were from the appetizer I mentioned above, not included with the quesadilla. It came with sour cream and a small cup of guac, rice, and beans.

sVn6aQOl.png

rum runner

I also mentioned that we ordered delivery from Flipper's - I did not put this on my card so I am not sure of the total but I believe it was around $50.

Mediterranean salad, no ham $8.99

Two topping large pizza with olives and pepperoni, there was a web promo for a two topping and I am not sure of the price. Around $12.99

Large california classic pizza - Basil Pesto sauce, roasted artichoke hearts, roasted grape tomatoes, red onions, fresh spinach & roasted red peppers, $19.39

6 fresh cut breadsticks, covered in melted garlic butter & Romano cheese. Served with pizza sauce $5.99

The pizza, salad, and breadsticks were all excellent. This was plenty to feed 5 adults lunch plus some leftover pizza for the refrigerator for snacks.

Both options - Escudos and Flipper's - were very good. My mom and sister also had the Escudos nachos when I was not there with them and they said they were pretty good but they did not want them again when we all ate at Escudos again later in the trip.

Our view from Tower 4, second floor:
G3fsJEEl.png

Could you please share what type of unit you had and what the room number is? Thank you! It's a great view!

Gold and Platinum VIP owners can request specific rooms when they book. So, entirely possible. However, it's also the case that such members complain about not getting the room they reserve on the timeshare boards, and they are not supposed to be able to do this if they also have a guest on the reservation, so YMMV.

Yep. This is why WBC doesn't even take requests anymore, because everyone asks for the same thing, and some people are inevitably disappointed.

We own 2 contracts there (resale), and because it's our home resort, they are usually very very good about accommodating us, as they should be considering that we pay maintenance fees there.

Could you please share what type of unit you had and what the room number is? Thank you! It's a great view!

Great question, and I actually wanted to post the room number but I am only 95% sure of which room it is. What I am sure about is the unit type - a two bedroom deluxe! I believe we were in 275. It was on the shorter wing of Tower 4 and super convenient to both the elevators and the (exit only) stairs which take you right out by the pool. The balcony doesn't offer much privacy but you are right in the action of the pool and can scope out the chair situation easily. My whole family was surprised by how quiet the unit was with the balcony door closed - you couldn't hear the fracas at the pool at all. We liked this room!

I'm about to book park tickets for our trip next month. I think I read that you can buy magic bands to link your park tickets to? Anyone know how this works? This is our first trip staying off site and since they started using magic bands! It's been awhile

I'm about to book park tickets for our trip next month. I think I read that you can buy magic bands to link your park tickets to? Anyone know how this works? This is our first trip staying off site and since they started using magic bands! It's been awhile
You can buy magicbands right at the ticket windows and they'll link them there for you, or you can buy the fancy ones (or plain ones) in many gift shops as well, I think they'll link them there as well. If not, they're easy enough to link on your own using the MDE app, you just have to plug in the little number on the back of the magicband and tell the app whose ticket you want to link to. You can also buy them online from the Disney Store if you wanted to have them beforehand.

You can definitely buy MagicBands. However, if you are buying the plain colored ones you get free, you are better off booking a 1-night stay at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds for the cheapest one. You get the MBs free, you get EMH for 2 days, and you get 60-day FP window for those 2 days.

I get in to work this morning and my calendar alarm pops up that we hit the 60-day mark for the 2nd week of the trip. Now I just have to wait for the owner to contact me with what he is able to do.

You can definitely buy MagicBands. However, if you are buying the plain colored ones you get free, you are better off booking a 1-night stay at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds for the cheapest one. You get the MBs free, you get EMH for 2 days, and you get 60-day FP window for those 2 days.

As a Fort camper as well as Bonnet Creek loooooover, can I respectfully ask that if folks are going to do this, especially during peak seasons, to go for a Value resort instead where they have much more inventory? I definitely believe that once you pay for something it is yours to choose what you do with it. However, that single day deal for magicbands and fastpasses in a high season (where the Fort books solid) literally means that there is a family who wants to camp for a full week that can't book their entire week and needs to set up their crap at another campground their first/last/whatever night. And yes, it could happen at the Values as well, just not as regularly since they have such a high volume of inventory.

Getting down off my soapbox now, thanks!

I respectfully ask that if folks are going to do this, especially during peak seasons, to go for a Value resort instead where they have much more inventory?
$80 vs $180 is a massive deterrent to using a Value resort. I did not take a week from anyone either. It took me a good 30 minutes just to find a single night within my 2 week vacation to do it. Good luck to anyone trying to find an entire week when we are there. 1-night was hard enough. If Disney would just do things with common sense, then people like me would not have to go to these measures. I am an AP holder but I cannot get Magicbands until after I activate them and it takes 10-days to receive them AFTER I order them online. They need to give AP holders the Magicbands when they activate their passes. Its not as if they don't have the bands sitting right there are the Guest Services window. Second, limiting AP holders to the same 30-day window is ridiculous as well. My 3 APs were $2,650 for a year. It is not MY choice to miss out on getting FPs for the attractions we want to enjoy while there. Disney made that decision. I will never wait an hour in a line for a ride. That leaves me the choice of missing it or fighting the Stroller Brigade to get there at rope drop.

What do a I gain for $80? I will get the MBs (~$45 if I only get 3. I may get 10 just so my DD can have fun decorating them). I get EMH to AK in the morning to hit Pandora for 1 ride and FP the other. I get the late night EMH at AK for Pandora. I will be able to get FP to FEA instead of fighting the Stroller Brigade. We will also get Epcot EMH that night.

WDW needs to stop taking things away from AP holders and there won't be any problem. There is no such thing as a Value resort when a 250sf room for 3 nights is the same price as a 1,200sf 2BR condo less than 2-miles away on Disney Property.

Last edited:
$80 vs $180 is a massive deterrent to using a Value resort. If Disney would just do things with common sense, then people like me would not have to go to these measures. I am an AP holder but I cannot get Magicbands until after I activate them and it takes 10-days to receive them AFTER I order them online. They need to give AP holders the Magicbands when they activate their passes. Its not as if they don't have the bands sitting right there are the Guest Services window. Second, limiting AP holders to the same 30-day window is ridiculous as well. My 3 APs were $2,650 for a year. It is not MY choice to miss out on getting FPs for the attractions we want to enjoy while there. Disney made that decision. I will never wait an hour in a line for a ride. That leaves me the choice of missing it or fighting the Stroller Brigade to get there at rope drop.

What do a I gain for $80? I will get the MBs (~$45 if I only get 3. I may get 10 just so my DD can have fun decorating them). I get EMH to AK in the morning to hit Pandora for 1 ride and FP the other. I get the late night EMH at AK for Pandora. I will be able to get FP to FEA instead of fighting the Stroller Brigade. We will also get Epcot EMH that night.

WDW needs to stop taking things away from AP holders and there won't be any problem. There is no such thing as a Value resort when a 250sf room for 3 nights is the same price as a 1,200sf 2BR condo less than 2-miles away on Disney Property.

We are also AP holders, and I do agree that they should give us MBs at activation. But do I agree that they should give us FP booking at 60 days? No. They're trying to fill hotel rooms and sell vacations, they already have us suckers as a captive and high paying audience for tickets and they want to milk the hotel revenue out of us. Not to mention, if they allowed AP holders to book FPs at 60 days there would be a secondary black market as fast as I could blink my eye.

While I agree that AP holders are not valued as they should be by Disney, I don't feel like they are forcing me to book throwaway rooms or campsites in order to get my value out of my AP (I'm not forced to buy an AP or even go to WDW at all, for that matter). There are plenty of FPs left at 30 days anyway. Heck, my 60 day window for a trip to the Fort just opened up and I'm not booking FPs for many of our days, I just don't feel like planning 60 days out. I am not a big fan of the new FP+ system. Booking restaurants at 180 days was bad enough, but a specific ride at 60 days out? Ugh. And it just causes undue stress and frenzy. Any time I do make plans 60 days out, or even 30 days out, I end up shifting them around a couple of weeks prior or even the day of...and we live, and dare I say even enjoy ourselves.

I also think most of the folks doing the throwaway thing aren't AP holders anyway.

At any rate, perhaps we can agree to disagree. And since the throwaway concept is discussed at length on a pinned thread in the Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies board, perhaps we can agree to funnel conversation about it to there.

OK wait what?? I just became an AP and when we go in July is when we are activating our passes- so I won't be able to get a MB at this time? Luckily I have some from a previous trip- will they be able to activate those? What's the point of mailing me MB to Canada when I am already in Orlando? That doesn't make any sense to me!

OK wait what?? I just became an AP and when we go in July is when we are activating our passes- so I won't be able to get a MB at this time? Luckily I have some from a previous trip- will they be able to activate those? What's the point of mailing me MB to Canada when I am already in Orlando? That doesn't make any sense to me!

Yep, so weird, right? After activation or renewal it shows up on your MDE to make your color selection and then they send it out along with a Passholder slider thingy to go on it for decoration. I understand that they have extra sliders at Guest Services locations, so why they don't just hand them out at activation/renewal is beyond me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter