The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom last August and loved it. We booked again the second week in June of this year. Has anyone been there this time of year? How crowded was the resort and parks? The last week in August was not bad at all for both the resort and parks.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom last August and loved it. We booked again the second week in June of this year. Has anyone been there this time of year? How crowded was the resort and parks? The last week in August was not bad at all for both the resort and parks.

It may be hard to predict this year. Many schools are back in session mid August, so usually June is busier. This year with all of the snow makeup days, many schools are going well into June. Right now, we are still in school until June 8 b/c we have had to add so many make up days.

Our schools have moved to an adjusted calendar, which puts the students getting out on June 12th! They go back in the end of July.

If more schools start doing this, I think we will end up with a different kind of Disney schedule.

Has anyone thought more on the Pack and Play situation? Any idea at all what type they are? Anyone willing to take a photo, if you get one?

Also, is there a decent shot that our request for one will be granted?

Has anyone thought more on the Pack and Play situation? Any idea at all what type they are? Anyone willing to take a photo, if you get one?

It's just a regular square regular pack'n'play like a Graco that is found in pretty much at every hotel we have ever stayed at. For example, all the Disney resorts.

They will give you some regular flat sheets for the bottom.

There should be no problem at all with you getting one.

It's just a regular square regular pack'n'play like a Graco that is found in pretty much at every hotel we have ever stayed at. For example, all the Disney resorts.

They will give you some regular flat sheets for the bottom.

Hmmm...I hadn't thought about a tent site! If we are paying for something though, I might want to actually stay there for the night. Either way, I will be very interested to hear how it goes!!

We did this with a tent site and added the dining plan for our nights there. My kids were then young enough to get kid's pricing and they were still into the character meals.

We spent the night at BC, but ended up spending a lot of they day at the Fort. We kind of used our site as a picnic from our trunk place and the kids loved the pool and playgrounds. We also went canoeing.

If you rent point to stay at Bonnet creek orlando by disney do they charge you anything extra and also will they hound you to purchase the timeshare..

If you rent point to stay at Bonnet creek orlando by disney do they charge you anything extra and also will they hound you to purchase the timeshare..

No extra charges.

They will certainly offer you an incentive to attend a sales presentation, but you are under no obligation to attend. They only hound as much as you allow it. Just say no from the beginning and don't answer the phone in the unit.

This is my first time posting to this forum, but I have found the comments extremely valuable!

I first stayed at Bonnet Creek in October of 2012 and had a wonderful time. I booked through Endless Vacation Rentals (endlessvacationrentals.com) at a very good rate.

I just booked again for next September by the same method. I thought I would let those on this thread know since EVR currently has Bonnet Creek availability in August and September. My experience is that availability on this site comes and goes quickly, so anyone wanting to visit during those times should probably act soon.

September dates are particularly good at $680 + tax for a one-bedroom, and $780 for a two-bedroom. You can sometimes get that rate reduced even more by searching the web for a discount code.

I've booked with EVR quite a few times for other destinations, and have always had a good experience. You don't have to attend a timeshare presentation. I never have and never will! And fortunately they don't bother to ask me to attend since I'm single.

We just returned from out first visit at WBC. We were there Jan 13 - 23.

We loved the place. It was absolutely fantastic. We had a 2 bedroom deluxe in Tower 1 facing the lake. We could see the Epcot Fireworks to the left of us if we really looked hard.

The space was very large and we took advantage of the kitchen by preparing breakfast every morning. It was quite cool when we went, but since we are from one of the coldest cities in Canada, we still went swimming in the pools a few day since they are heated.

We loved the washer / dryer, we were there for 2 weeks (went to the gulf coast for a few days after we left WBC) and it was so nice not to come home with any laundry. The washer and dryer were loud, but we just ran them while we were at the parks. The dryer needed to go through 2 cycles to get the clothes dry.

We did not use the shuttle. We rented a van and drove to the park. Super close to all parks. Under 10 minute drive to MK and the rest were under 5.

My one and only complaint was that the walls were not sound proof. Our master bedroom backed onto the next rooms master bedroom and we could hear EVERYTHING. One set of people liked to come home at 2:30 am, and they were so loud. We finally banged on the wall and they got the hint. The next set of people, the one lady was having an attack of some sort, she was in so much pain. We felt bad for her as her DH was not doing anything to help.

Since we are offisite we booked our FP+ as soon as we got to the parks (or shortly after we rode a few things). We never had a problem getting the FP for later in the afternoon. But we really didn't even need them, most everything was walk on for us.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer.

I am so sorry to ask this, I saw the info earlier in the thread but can't remember where or what it said :confused3
Can someone tell me about shipping a package to WBC before our reservation? What address to send it to, etc?

Thanks a bunch! I am so ready for this vacation!!!! :banana:

Really thinking of switching to from POP to WBC. I can get a 2BR for the same price as a small room at POP. Couple of questions which I'm sure are on this thread somewhere but can't find.

1. Quoted price from VBRO states no taxes and fees included any one have an approx amt that would be added on. I did send an email to owner but just anxious to find out what the average add on cost is.

2. If you rent what extra fees are there: Parking, resort etc..

3. Are we really lossing any benifits by staying off site. Have Ap so parking is free and usually drive to park anyways even when staying on-site. Never charge to room.

4. FP+ anyone have difficulty or time consuming when doing at the park or nothing left if booking later in day.

Thanks for the help just trying to convince myself is ok staying off-site.

Really thinking of switching to from POP to WBC. I can get a 2BR for the same price as a small room at POP. Couple of questions which I'm sure are on this thread somewhere but can't find.

1. Quoted price from VBRO states no taxes and fees included any one have an approx amt that would be added on. I did send an email to owner but just anxious to find out what the average add on cost is.

2. If you rent what extra fees are there: Parking, resort etc..

3. Are we really lossing any benifits by staying off site. Have Ap so parking is free and usually drive to park anyways even when staying on-site. Never charge to room.

4. FP+ anyone have difficulty or time consuming when doing at the park or nothing left if booking later in day.

Thanks for the help just trying to convince myself is ok staying off-site.

There are no extra fees at all, for anything. You don't even have to leave a credit card at the front desk. So there is no way for them to even charge you anything. The only fee I know about is for the shuttles to the parks. But there is no fee if you don't use them, which you wouldn't be if you drive to the parks. I don't think you are losing any benefits, but that's a subjective question. Others feel like they miss out on some "magic", but I personally don't find anything magical about being squished into a small room for a week. And I find LOTS of magic in saving money :) I personally find the facilities far superior to the Disney resorts. More hot tubs, more pools, huge rooms, full size appliances and king size beds. Huge bathrooms. Whirpools in the room. I cannot imagine what people feel like they're missing out on (some towels folded really cute??) that would offset the major benefits of WBC, but there are some who feel that way. Oh, there is no daily maid service (a PLUS, in my opinion), but some people do miss the daily maid service.

I can't help you with FP+. It wasn't available for off siters when we were there in Oct/Nov.

I think once you stay offsite you will never go back...

I agree....once you try Bonnet Creek you will not want to ever go back to a Disney Resort. This will be my families 3rd year to stay at Bonnet Creek. Being able to spread out is PRICELESS! having a full size kitchen allowed us to eat breakfast in the room, store drinks (cokes,water,beer) in the frig. We even brought back take out several nights and sat around the big dinning room table. having a washer and dryer in the room was amazing ! every night we tossed a load in. It was super nice to come back home with very little dirty clothes. Six pools (2 with water slides), 2 lazy rivers, numerous hot tubs are awesome ! We have never been hounded by sales people - we just declined when we picked up or parking pass and that was the end of it. No resort fees or parking fees. I know this is not the perfect Resort for everyone but my family can not recommend it enough !! perfect for us and you can NOT beat the rate. We always book thru Vacation Strategy. This year we are getting a 2 bedroom from May 21st to May 31st (10 nights) for $1300. I also forgot to mention, the resort has all kinds of fun activities - Karaoke at one of the poolside bars, Movies on the lawn etc.

Thanks for the responses. Vacation Strategy did not have anything available for May 1-7 but found someone with good reviews that did have availablity. We own DVC so are used to the spreading out but have no points left for this last min trip so wanted to try something new. I just book and so excited I don't have to share a room with snoring BFF and BR also. Paid $7 more then that same time at POP.

Here now. Rooms and amenities are great, as usual.

New shuttle sucks. Big time. The return and departure times are AWFUL. They force you into staying all day at MK or EPCOT because of bad return times, and they don't even pick up for AK or HS until 9:20 am. ***.

Wish we had known. We are taking taxis everywhere because we didn't rent a car.

How long are you there for? Any way you could get back to the airport and get one? I suggest pricline or hotwire and you can get one CHEAP. I'm sure for MUCH cheaper than what a taxi is costing you. Might not be an option but just a thought....

We always get a car so I've never used the shuttles. Sorry they aren't working out for you :(

Are there cabanas anywhere else other than tower 4 and tower 6? I am trying to plan our week and really hoping to have cabana options at the pool by tower 3 or the main building. When I search the thread I keep coming across posts about tower 4 and 6 only. Just want to clarify the locations of the cabanas. Thanks

Can anybody direct me to a map of the property that shows the towers and pool/dining locations? We would want to be near a water slide pool- is there a way to figure out which building that would be? When looking for availability, how do I know where the room is? The place sounds huge~ tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter