• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wardrobe Malfunction Trip 9 - Animal Kingdom and sunstroke

spookysarah

DIS Veteran
Animal Kingdom & sunstroke

Me, Sarah 31 – chief planner, lover of all things Disney
DH, Craig, 34 – driver and foodie
DD, Holly, 10 – loves characters and especially drawing them
DD, Rowan, 8 – not going upside down this year!
3 newbies -
My mum, Shona, 50 - big kid and possible thrill junkie
My dad, Alastair, 57 – the banker and carrier bag holder
My sister, Mel, 29 – doesn’t do characters and slightly bemused by the 'Disney thing'

28th September 2007

We had a later start today. Dad was still not feeling great but we got ready and headed to Perkins for breakfast, our new favourite place to eat. I love having quesadillas for breakfast! Some pics to make you drool…

IMG_0951800x600.jpg

IMG_0950800x600.jpg

IMG_0952800x600.jpg

IMG_0953800x600.jpg

We arrived at Animal Kingdom at around 11.30 am. There were loads of lovebugs in the car park and my sister, who does not like flying insects was a bit alarmed. Once into the park however they seemed to disappear. We all headed to get fastpasses for the Safari and while we waited on our slot we walked around the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. It was nice and relaxing and we saw some wonderful birds and animals. The safari was just as good and we saw lots of animals. There too. I can never hear the driver properly though.

Spot the giraffe
IMG_1004800x600.jpg

Up close!
IMG_1009800x600.jpg

It was very hot today so we stopped for a break and sat in the shade. We bought frozen lemonades, chilled grapes and juice.

IMG_0989600x800.jpg

IMG_0988800x600.jpg

Dad reckoned he felt too hot and tired to carry on as a group and decided that he would have a relaxing afternoon with mum. We arranged to meet just before 5pm at the Rainforest Café for our dinner reservation. The rest of us headed to Expedition Everest where we had a minimal wait before searching for the Yeti. What a fun ride this is, thrilling but not too scary. Going backwards and swooping round in the dark it really does feel as if you could have gone upside down!

Meet the sweaty family
image139800x571.jpg

It’s Tough to be a Bug was our next stop. It was nice to shelter in amongst the roots of the Tree of Life and look for the animals carved into them. What a scream this show is! Mels was sat beside Rowan and she thoroughly enjoyed it but at one point screamed and grabbed her knee in fright, lol! The end is so funny and we all came out laughing.

Should have gone to Specsavers!
IMG_1022800x600.jpg

The noisiest animals in the park – so much fun to watch.
IMG_1020800x600.jpg

A photo op with one of the stars.
IMG_0956600x800.jpg

IMG_1045600x800.jpg

Holly and Rowan wanted to visit the Boneyard to let off some steam so we sat and watched them play and browsed the nearby shops. I was sat on a bench and heard birds in the bushes behind us. I am always nervous with my back to the bushes as I have a phobia of snakes and I kept lifting my feet of the ground, I guess in case one came out. At one point the birds got louder and noisier quite quickly followed by rustling and I swear it was like I was on an ejector seat – I shot up and away instantly. Needless to say it was a false alarm *blush*

Holly and Rowan also went on Primeval Whirl a couple of times. Their screams could be heard all over the park, I’m sure and it made very entertaining viewing.

IMG_1032800x600.jpg

As it was nearing meeting time we made our way through the park stopping at a Photopass photographer who told us we could have some special photos taken. Needless to say we had them done and it wasn’t until we got home that we saw how fab they were!
image160571x800.jpg

image164571x800.jpg

image168571x800.jpg

image172571x800.jpg

Mum and dad had had a quiet afternoon. They had sat in the shade and had watched the afternoon parade. We think that dad might have been suffering from sunstroke. We passed on the meal at Rainforest Cafe (I popped in to let them know) and headed back to the hotel.

Next time girls – promise!
IMG_1047800x600.jpg

Craig drooled over this in the car park.
IMG_1048800x600.jpg

Mum, dad and Mels decided to have a night in doing washing and ordering in pizza. The four of us had made plans to meet Connie (who had received Felix from us) in Germany in World Showcase to watch Illuminations so we quickly showered and changed and headed on out again. We were running late but managed to make up some time and meet Connie. It was very strange meeting up with someone that I had only exchanged a few PMs with but very exciting. She was easy to spot with her lime green t shirt DIS coloured. We made our introductions and chatted easily seeing as we had lots to talk about. We exchanged gift that we had brought for each other. We talked about Disney and our families, where we lived, what we did etc and then settled down to watch Illuminations. Once the show was over we walked back through WS all the while chatting and enjoying each others company, so much so that we walked all the way past the exit without noticing. I finally noticed when I smelled the vinegar and fish ‘n’ chips from Harry Ramsdens in the UK pavilion, lol! We turned back around and out the right way. Connie was staying in the Contemporary so we said goodbye at the monorail and waved her off with promises to stay in touch. (As this is being written almost a year later I can let you know that we are very much still friends and hope to meet again in summer 2010)

IMG_1051800x600.jpg

IMG_1054600x800.jpg

When we got back to the hotel we decided that as we were all knackered and dad still not 100% we would cancel Epcot that we had planned for the next day and spend the day shopping instead. Night everyone!

Tomorrow – shopping and a secret snoozer!

Another lovely day and photo though sorry to see your Dad was feeling a bit under the weather.

Forgot to say on another of your reports that I especially loved the photos you took going down the family raft ride, the fun just oozes out of those photos.

Great photos of you all with Simba :)

Hope dad is feeling better tomorrow :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter