Results are only viewable after voting.

spookysarah

DIS Veteran
Islands of Adventure & the best Bubba?

**Poll details are in post number 4 **

Me, Sarah 31 – chief planner, lover of all things Disney
DH, Craig, 34 – driver and foodie
DD, Holly, 10 – loves characters and especially drawing them
DD, Rowan, 8 – not going upside down this year!
3 newbies -
My mum, Shona, 50 - big kid and possible thrill junkie
My dad, Alastair, 57 – the banker and carrier bag holder
My sister, Mel, 29 – doesn’t do characters and slightly bemused by the 'Disney thing'

26th September 2007

I finally unpacked this morning. I kind of had to as we had to pack a small case for going to stay at Royal Pacific Resort at night. We decide to go to IHOP for breakfast which was, as usual, very tasty and great value. Rowan bought the game that they have on the tables.

IMG_0762800x600.jpg

Burger for breakfast?
IMG_0761800x600.jpg

IMG_0763800x600.jpg

We arrived at the RPR just as the heavens opened and we made a run for the lobby. Unlike our peak season stay last year we had no wait for our rooms so we were able to go there straight away. It was a long walk from the lobby and dad was sure he was going to get lost on his way for a smoke break. He said it was the most beautiful smoke room he had been in.

Smoke room
IMG_0765600x800.jpg

Our room
IMG_0768800x600.jpg

The rooms were lovely but we were keen to get to the parks so we caught a boat to Citywalk and had already pre decided to go to Islands of Adventure. The girls made their way to Caro-Suess-el where my sister and I went on too. When we got off we saw frantic waving from dibber Leanne1977! She had been calling on us on the ride but I hadn’t heard her. We chatted for a short while seems they were having a great time too. She snuck into one of our photos.

Spot Leanne1977?
IMG_0780800x600-1.jpg

Cat in the Hat was next. My dad hates Cat in the Hat, lol so he almost had to be dragged on! It spins around much quicker than I remember. We followed that ride with a trip on the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride which gives a nice view of the area. The girls asked their grandma and granddad to ride One Fish, Two Fish, red Fish, Blue Fish with them and in a stroke of genius I whispered to the girls to make sure they got in first putting their grandparents on the outside – you all know why! Watching was way more fun that riding and it was hilarious to see my mum and dad squirm away from the water spray, lol. They got a bit wetter than I thought they would, whoops!

IMG_0784600x800.jpg

IMG_0782800x600.jpg

IMG_0785800x600.jpg

We headed anticlockwise to Posiedon’s Adventure. It’s a good show but not the most exciting. Nice and cool though and the water tunnel is good fun. We made our way to the Flying Unicorn and Craig and Mels decided to go ride Duelling Dragons. I was too scared after my horrible Kraken experience but I was really sad too as I loved this ride last time. Dad was, ummm, persuaded to go on with the girls. It went a tad faster than he thought it did and he came off looking a bit unsteady on his feet, oh dear. No sooner had Craig and Mels came back when it cam on torrential rain. We poncho’d up (is that a word, lol?) and headed for shelter around the shops. When it became apparent it was on for a while we battened down the hatches and went over to wait for the next showing of the Eighth Voyage of Sinbad. We took of our ponchos and sat in the splash zone, umm, whose idea was that? Our timing was good because we did not have to wait long for the show to start. Everyone really enjoyed themselves, even the corny jokes. And yes, we did get a soaking! We stopped for cast photo op this time. I have no idea how the guy on the left could keep pull his face for so long without laughing, we were laughing!

IMG_0807800x600.jpg

IMG_0809800x600.jpg

At this point we thought about what we had left to see. I suggested River Adventure followed by Spiderman and the Hulk and then back for Ripsaw Falls and Bilge Rat Barges so that we could go straight back to the hotel and get changed before heading out to dinner. All in agreement, we headed to River Adventure where dad declined to ride and so did the girls so that left four intrepid adventurers. I like the mix of the ride. It is very cute and tranquil to start and then loud and scary and thrilling at the end. The drop is waaaaay bigger than I remembered although we stayed pretty dry. I wish I could have said the same for Holly and Rowan. Dad had let them go and stand in the splash zone and they were soaked to the skin! They had both had great fun though and it was hard not to laugh. It did however mean a change of plans. We decided to ride Ripsaw Falls as we were already wet. Dad offered to hold the bags. We had skipped both the wet rides last year as we had been touring with another family who were not keen and to be honest neither were we as we hoped to stay in the park until closing and did not want to be soggy. The ride was one big build up as each time we thought it was the big drop it was a small drop until…there it was and it was bigger than we could have imagined! Oh my, how we all screamed. I never knew it was possible to scream so long! It was brilliant fun! Bilge Rat Barges are right next door so all of us decided to ride. Dad and Rowan kept their ponchos on and dad had a bit of trouble getting his belt on so someone strapped him in and left him unable to move his arms. They were stuck in the belt and he could only wobble like a weeble, lol! How much fun is this ride? It is now my all time favourite! I have been on raft rides before but never one so fast and bumpy and so wet! We really got a soaking! I have never laughed so much on a ride. One minute you are giggling because one of your party gets splashed and then they all laugh harder as you get your comeuppance, lol! It was so much fun that all the girls decided to go on again and it was just as wet and wild as the first time.

IMG_0812800x600.jpg

IMG_0813800x600.jpg

IMG_0816600x800.jpg

All very wet except dad and Rowan we headed to Spiderman. It would probably have been a good idea if we did not have FOTL as the seats were sailing once we sat in them. Everyone went on this ride and it went down a storm. Spidey rules!

There were only two takers for the Hulk – Craig and Mels. We watched them ride while soaking up the atmosphere. All knackered we headed back to catch a boat to the hotel but not before grabbing some legendary funnel cake and Holly and Rowan get more soaked in the Citywalk fountains.

IMG_0822800x600.jpg

IMG_0824600x800.jpg

We had decided ages ago that we would be going to Bubba Gump for dinner so we showered and changed and headed back to Citywalk. It was dark by this time and it looked lovely all lit up. Bubbas was not too busy and we were seated straight away. The décor and theming is fab. We soaked it all up. Our server was very good and took our drinks order. Holly, Rowan, mum, and Mels ordered drinks that came in flashing glasses. I wanted a flashing glass too but only wanted a Sprite so our server arranged that for me – yay! Craig had a beer and tequila (no driving home for him tonight!) and dad, well, he had a diet coke, lol!

IMG_0838800x600.jpg

Florida2007GM144600x800.jpg

Florida2007GM145600x800.jpg

We had appetizers and an entrée each but had no room for dessert. Dad and I had Southern style burgers, Holly had Ping Pong Pizza, Rowan chose Bus Bench Burger (both of which came in a cardboard Jenny boat – how cool!) Mum had I’m Stuffed Shrimp, Mels had shrimp done four way – not sure of the name and I have no idea what Craig ate. Make sure you go to this place hungry. Also, make sure you take a cardi – this place was freezing! We asked for the overhead fan to be switched off but it was still very cold and did spoil our meal slightly. We made sure our souvenir glasses were empty and dry for carrying back but when the bill was brought to our table we were given vouchers for clean ones in the shop – doh! The shop is fantastic – every Bubba thing you could think of is sold here. It is well worth a visit for unusual gifts.

Florida2007GM142800x600.jpg

IMG_0842800x600.jpg

Onion rings starter
IMG_0843600x800.jpg

Shrimper’s delight
IMG_0845800x600.jpg

Ping pong pizza
IMG_0847600x800.jpg

Bus bench burger
IMG_0848600x800.jpg

IMG_0849600x800.jpg

IMG_0850800x600.jpg

IMG_0851800x600.jpg

Now we come to the poll section. Please vote for who you think makes the best Forest. Yes, I know I said best Bubba on the title but that sounded better than best Forest, lol!

Me
IMG_0857600x800.jpg

Craig
IMG_0859600x800.jpg

Holly
IMG_0855600x800.jpg

Rowan
IMG_0858600x800.jpg

Mum
Florida2007GM149800x600-1.jpg

Dad
Florida2007GM146800x600-1.jpg

Mels
Florida2007GM147800x600-1.jpg

We had a walk around Citywalk and browsed a few shops before heading back to the hotel and the comfiest beds I have ever slept on. I’d love a bed just like this at home. It’s not just the bed, the pillows and sheets are fab too. *sigh* Wish I was there now. Night everyone.

Tomorrow Universal Studios and some stars

Glad you enjoyed your day. We love the RPR and HRH, the beds are so comfortable in both hotels. I would buy the brand if I knew which one it was. I quite fancy Bubba's after seeing that food.

Great IOA day and sounds like you made good use of FOTL :)

I think we would love Bubba Gump's after seeing your photos :) Shame you could not keep the glasses as a reminder of your trip there ;)

Great IOA day and sounds like you made good use of FOTL :)

I think we would love Bubba Gump's after seeing your photos :) Shame you could not keep the glasses as a reminder of your trip there ;)

We did get to keep them, sort of! You are given a voucher to swap them for clean ones in the shop after your meal. They are a fab remider of our trip. :goodvibes

Great day at IOA!

Love the look of the food....and I've voted in your poll too :thumbsup2

the hotel looks great. hope to stay there next year for a few days

susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter