The Wardrobe Malfunction Trip 13 - Our lost day and a poorly girl

spookysarah

DIS Veteran
Our lost day and a poorly girl

Me, Sarah 31 – chief planner, lover of all things Disney
DH, Craig, 34 – driver and foodie
DD, Holly, 10 – loves characters and especially drawing them
DD, Rowan, 8 – not going upside down this year!
3 newbies -
My mum, Shona, 50 - big kid and possible thrill junkie
My dad, Alastair, 57 – the banker and carrier bag holder
My sister, Mel, 29 – doesn’t do characters and slightly bemused by the 'Disney thing'

2nd October 2007

Today started off just hours after bed when Holly awoke me to say that Rowan had been sick. Poor Rowan was very ill and was sick every half an hour or so until around 9am when she finally got some proper rest. I was exhausted but Holly and Craig had spent the night in the other bedroom so were fine. We had called mum and dad to let them know that we would have to change our plans for the day. I suggested that they all went to Epcot as planned but nobody seemed keen so it was decided that Craig, Holly, mum and Mel would go to Michaels for some retail therapy. Dad fancied a quite afternoon in their room and I would stay and look after Rowan whilst doing some washing. Mum and dad were kind enough to watch Rowan while Craig, Holly and I popped to Perkins for a bite to eat. Mel came too as she wanted to visit Walgreens and we asked her to buy some rehydration medicine for Rowan. Back at the otel we tried to get Rowan to drink but she declared it disgusting and went back to sleep! I gave mum directions and Mapman’s map and off they went. I did a bit of washing and dozed for a bit too. They were gone for ages and I thought that they might come back with half the shop but there was a more interesting explanation for the late return. They got lost! They got very lost! Despite my great directions they had turned off to early and had ended up miles and miles from I Drive, They ended up on tolls roads and ate every toll asked directions and were given maps. They finally ended up coming back in the road they had turned off on, lol! They did make it to Michaels though and Holly showed off the lovely scrapbooking items she had bought.

Poor Rowan
IMG_1154800x600.jpg

I have no notes for the evening but I think we had some takeaway pizza and a very quite night.

Tomorrow – Kennedy Space Centre & Tom Jones

Poor Rowan, hope she recovered quickly.

I think everyone has got lost over there at some point or another. We once spent time going round the area near IDrive and seeing the World's Biggest McDonalds from every angle. I kept thinking it was another McDonalds till I realised it was the same one.:rotfl:

Poor Rowan, hope she recovered quickly.

I think everyone has got lost over there at some point or another. We once spent time going round the area near IDrive and seeing the World's Biggest McDonalds from every angle. I kept thinking it was another McDonalds till I realised it was the same one.:rotfl:

LOLOL!! :rotfl2: We ended up on private property on our first trip. It was some big factory type place and we pulled up at the guard booth and asked where I Drive was. They guy just reeled off the directions, guess it happened a lot but we were cringing.

We bought a Sat Nav to help but even that had it's faults when it told us we 'had arrived at our destination' whilst on the I4. We were trying to get to the Prime Outlets and yes the Sat Nav was right in the fact that we could see them but there was just no way we could get to them across 8 lanes of traffic and road to get to them!.:rotfl:

That's just hysterical! I was reading a top ten satnav disasters on yahoo the other day - that one could go in for sure! :lmao:

I am glad we are taking a satnav after reading of the others getting lost :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter