The walking dead amc #2

So how are the Whisperers (that's what they're called, right?) making their "masks"? It doesn't appear to have any seams that showed they cut if off a walker. Are we expected to believe they beheaded someone, then somehow scooped the skull & brains out of the skin?

And how are they surviving among the walkers? Didn't they make a big deal in an earlier season about needing to be covered in walker blood & guts to cover up the "survivor" smell? So why did Daryl's shot to the leg of the Whisperer on the bridge all of a sudden make the walkers turn on him? Because he yelled? So if all the humans would just be quiet, no walkers would attack them?

I agree there's too many new characters and I can't keep them straight. Was it my imagination or when the two guys saw the walker herd through binoculars that they used that same shot last season when Daryl(?) and Rick(?) were scouting?

Yes, I know we've got to suspend disbelief (as you do for many shows), but it's starting to get more outrageous IMO.

I'm pretty sure there is a seam up the back of the head. I think Daryl cut it in the midseason finale.. Although on the girl they caught she just whips it off.

So how are the Whisperers (that's what they're called, right?) making their "masks"? It doesn't appear to have any seams that showed they cut if off a walker. Are we expected to believe they beheaded someone, then somehow scooped the skull & brains out of the skin?

And how are they surviving among the walkers? Didn't they make a big deal in an earlier season about needing to be covered in walker blood & guts to cover up the "survivor" smell? So why did Daryl's shot to the leg of the Whisperer on the bridge all of a sudden make the walkers turn on him? Because he yelled? So if all the humans would just be quiet, no walkers would attack them?

I agree there's too many new characters and I can't keep them straight. Was it my imagination or when the two guys saw the walker herd through binoculars that they used that same shot last season when Daryl(?) and Rick(?) were scouting?

Yes, I know we've got to suspend disbelief (as you do for many shows), but it's starting to get more outrageous IMO.

I think they are supposed to somehow skin the walkers and sew up a mask out of the skin. I think they also make clothes out of the skin and cover their clothes with the guts. I also wondered about what happens with the guts dry up, do they still cover the smell? Not sure about when Daryl shot the guy and he yelled. All I can come up with is that the walkers are attracted to loud noises. So when the guy screamed, they turned on him. They have showed many instances in the past when the walkers are lured by loud noises and instinctively turn towards noises.

You've gotta' love how...
  • We went how many seasons with no suggestion that spreading walker guts all over yourself could be at all dangerous??
  • THEN we find it CAN be dangerous and almost killed Garbriel
  • NOW we're back to it being totally fine, including wearing walker skins over your face!
Eesh.

You've gotta' love how...
  • We went how many seasons with no suggestion that spreading walker guts all over yourself could be at all dangerous??
  • THEN we find it CAN be dangerous and almost killed Garbriel
  • NOW we're back to it being totally fine, including wearing walker skins over your face!
Eesh.

See now, having been a former sewing hobbyist, I was more concerned with the practical considerations of trying to stitch up the masks, since the skin seems to be decomposing and would not really be viable as "fabric." Unless of course there was some type of hide or tanning process, which I would think would lesson the masking effect with the other walkers. You can see the conundrum. I had forgotten about the health concerns!

I'm assuming the dead skins themselves reek, so no need to have the blood and guts all over them, but still they have the dead skin right on their heads, with their eyes nose and mouth touching it, the 3 places you are suppose to keep away from germs lol. Maybe they have a process where they clean the inside of the skin. I still find this storyline interesting, at least it's something different. They now have to figure out a new way to deal with walkers when there can be humans amongst them.

When it first came on it as new and edgy, you can't say that anymore. Pretty tough for a show to maintain that with longtime viewers.

Agreed. And I think introducing Fear the Walking Dead took a lot of steam and power away from WD and it all has become too repetitive and boring. I have all of last season's episodes I haven't even watched -- after never missing an episode, I am just not in the mood anymore. I'll probably binge watch at some point but for now I'm just content with reading here.

BTW, anyone watch Riding with Norman Reedus? The new episode began and they visited London with Jeffrey Dean Morgan and met up with Andrew Lincoln at his father-in-laws house (I did not know his FIL was Ian Anderson -- so cool).

BTW, anyone watch Riding with Norman Reedus? The new episode began and they visited London with Jeffrey Dean Morgan and met up with Andrew Lincoln at his father-in-laws house (I did not know his FIL was Ian Anderson -- so cool).
Enjoyed that more than a lot of TWD episodes in recent years... :)

I actually enjoyed the episode tonight. So it was Lydia's mom that was a nutjob all along and her dad was the good one. Question is is Lydia still lying. Did she really think her mom would not try to find her or did she know she would. I'm leaning toward Lydia is starting to realize her mom is wrong about things.

Can we just talk about how Daryl diagnosed Lydia with an ear infection because she was pulling on her ear? Sure, sign of an ear infection, but unless Eugene has set up a lab and has the ingredients to start a pharmaceutical operation, those antibiotics and ANY medication they have is 11 years old now. Well past it's shelf life.

Even if the medicine was good, why is he giving an extremely valuable resource to a prisoner???

See now, having been a former sewing hobbyist, I was more concerned with the practical considerations of trying to stitch up the masks, since the skin seems to be decomposing and would not really be viable as "fabric." Unless of course there was some type of hide or tanning process, which I would think would lesson the masking effect with the other walkers. You can see the conundrum. I had forgotten about the health concerns!

remember they said the horses had been skinned, i think they use a combo of leather/hide (like from the horses) and then add on the parts of walker heads... like a decoupage, maybe they use Mod Podge...

Can we just talk about how Daryl diagnosed Lydia with an ear infection because she was pulling on her ear? Sure, sign of an ear infection, but unless Eugene has set up a lab and has the ingredients to start a pharmaceutical operation, those antibiotics and ANY medication they have is 11 years old now. Well past it's shelf life.

Even if the medicine was good, why is he giving an extremely valuable resource to a prisoner???

I thought the same thing about how precious the antibiotics would be if they had any. You would think they would guard them and give them out very sparingly, not to some girl they don't trust. The pulling ear IS a classic sign of an ear infection in young kids, but it was kind of a stretch. Never thought of the expired shelf like of the drugs. Has it really been 11 years??? Yeah, they probably are not good anymore. I thought I had read that most prescription drugs are good for about a year after expiration date, but I could be wrong. 11 years would be way too old to do anything I would think.

The antibiotics would be past the printed shelf life, but I believe many would still be somewhat effective (though not as potent) 10yrs later.

My reaction was like your second point -- that this seemed like a waste of what would be a very precious commodity.

In the final scene, where the whisperers march up to the gate and Alpha comes forward saying she wants her daughter. Why not shoot them right then? Right where they stand. I know there are more. But without their leader they'll be scrambling.

In the final scene, where the whisperers march up to the gate and Alpha comes forward saying she wants her daughter. Why not shoot them right then? Right where they stand. I know there are more. But without their leader they'll be scrambling.
Because that would make too much sense. Oh, and they had a baby with them.... ... ... :rolleyes2

They were too busy laughing at her horrendously bad accent.

Having a baby in the Whisperers group makes no sense. Henry took Lydia outside to show her the community. She flipped the heck out when she saw a baby. She was amazed that this community is not only surviving, but pro-creating. Her mother told her there was no more civilization and never would be, so seeing the Hilltop as a community sent her into a spiral, that her mother had been lying all those years.

Then we see that there is a baby in her own group? :confused3

remember they said the horses had been skinned, i think they use a combo of leather/hide (like from the horses) and then add on the parts of walker heads... like a decoupage, maybe they use Mod Podge...

I didn't catch the part about horses being skinned in the premier, but I watched Sunday night's episode last night and caught that - makes more sense. I hope people thought to raid the hobby stores at the start of all of this, since clearly Mod Podge would be an asset in the zombie apocalypse...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter