The walking dead amc #2

For those who read the comics. Is Jesus in the comics, and did y'all know that was coming? I was shocked!

Thought the introduction of The Whisperers was brilliant, though sorry to see Jesus go (Tom Payne was okay with it since he felt they weren't really expanding his character).

If Negan and his idiotic cronies somehow rise to power again, I might be out. Tired storyline for me, and frankly, Negan should be dead by now.

I also wish they kept Jesus around. I always liked his character. Curious to what Negan will do.

Thought the introduction of The Whisperers was brilliant, though sorry to see Jesus go (Tom Payne was okay with it since he felt they weren't really expanding his character).

If Negan and his idiotic cronies somehow rise to power again, I might be out. Tired storyline for me, and frankly, Negan should be dead by now.

I would be disappointed too if they go this route. I think Negan has lost a lot of his power. They used to be terrified of him. Back when Negan had them all lined up and was taunting them then eventually killed Abe and Glenn, he was powerful, intimidating and terrifying. I remember how broken they all were sobbing and weak, kneeling in front of him shocked and scared for their lives. Now, however, Negan is kind of a joke, a big talker, a jerk etc. But not that chilling villain he once was. I have a hard time believing they would cower in front of him again.

It was pretty cool to see the walker (Whisperer) duck from Jesus' sword even though I knew there were Whisperers there.

The part I don’t get is why were some of the whispers just bowing down and letting swords and knives go through their skulls? Or were those the real walkers mingled in with the whisperers?
Also, I wouldn’t mind Negan keeping this softer side. I’m hoping he teams up with them against the whispers or whoever. He can still be bad *** but on their side. I’d like to see him and Judith remain close

For those who read the comics. Is Jesus in the comics, and did y'all know that was coming? I was shocked!
I stopped watching the show after last season, but still reading about it for some reason. Jesus is in the comics and unfortunately, the show never developed his character as much as in the comics. Still glad I stopped watching after reading about this!

The part I don’t get is why were some of the whispers just bowing down and letting swords and knives go through their skulls? Or were those the real walkers mingled in with the whisperers?
Also, I wouldn’t mind Negan keeping this softer side. I’m hoping he teams up with them against the whispers or whoever. He can still be bad *** but on their side. I’d like to see him and Judith remain close

Yep

I was also wondering if Jesus was killed in the comics at this point. Doesn't surprise me he's still alive in the comics. They have totally gone in a whole other direction. I just wish things would make sense. I know they couldn't control Andrew Lincoln leaving, but they didn't have to kill Chandlier Riggs off. I think this totally changed the show in a direction I just don't like. I'll keep watching and hoping they can get back on the tracks. Also, Maggie is apparently gone now. How did they not have a going away show for Lauren Cohan. She has been on since Season 2 and we don't get to see her leave, why she left??? I just don't get some of the things this show has done.

Those of you that have read the comics, do you think Daryl will take Carl's place with the Whisperers storyline?
I stopped reading them after a certain episode, but I do know what goes on from family.
Do you mean the scenes in the preview that show:
The girl in the cell and Daryl taking to her?
And the Whisperers outside Hilltop watching, and the guy (Beta?) walking through them to the gate? Looking a lot like they will go with some of that comic story line.

He doesn't die in the comics. Totally unexpected and a waste of a good character.
I'm wondering if TWD higher ups are really trying to create an entirely new TWD universe, with no reminders of the past debacle of the past three years. Jesus' character was completely underdeveloped and it made him expendable in the tv series.

I LOVED the Whisperers introduction! For so long the walkers have been almost benign, and now there was real fear in trying to escape them in the episode. I felt fear watching it and I haven't felt that in a long time watching TWD.

It was pretty cool to see the walker (Whisperer) duck from Jesus' sword even though I knew there were Whisperers there.
I agree! That was a great scene, minus Jesus dying.
They travel with the walkers, using them as camouflage and as a weapon. They can steer them, like the scene showed with Daryl trying to lure them in a different direction. So the group last night was comprised of real walkers too. If you remember the end, after Daryl shot the Whisperer, a bunch came out of the fog and charged them, fighting.

Also, Maggie is apparently gone now. How did they not have a going away show for Lauren Cohan. She has been on since Season 2 and we don't get to see her leave, why she left??? I just don't get some of the things this show has done.

Her story is not done, she'll be back.

I was also wondering if Jesus was killed in the comics at this point. Doesn't surprise me he's still alive in the comics. They have totally gone in a whole other direction. I just wish things would make sense. I know they couldn't control Andrew Lincoln leaving, but they didn't have to kill Chandlier Riggs off. I think this totally changed the show in a direction I just don't like. I'll keep watching and hoping they can get back on the tracks. Also, Maggie is apparently gone now. How did they not have a going away show for Lauren Cohan. She has been on since Season 2 and we don't get to see her leave, why she left??? I just don't get some of the things this show has done.
Lauren Cohan is not off the show....yet. They were still in contract negotiations for this season and they are looking at bringing her back in the future. Not sure if they reached a salary decision or if they will let her just go.

Her story is not done, she'll be back.

Lauren Cohan is not off the show....yet. They were still in contract negotiations for this season and they are looking at bringing her back in the future. Not sure if they reached a salary decision or if they will let her just go.

That's good to hear.

I also wanted to talk about Carol asking Michonne how RJ was. I know there has been talk that he is a hallucination of Michonne's, but with Carol asking, doesn't that pretty much suggest RJ is real or could Carol know Michonne is having hallucinations and she is just playing along??? Also, you can tell there has been conflict between them. I really hope they show what went on in this 6 year time jump. It's just so weird to have them not talking to one another and not really interacting with one another.

That's good to hear.

I also wanted to talk about Carol asking Michonne how RJ was. I know there has been talk that he is a hallucination of Michonne's, but with Carol asking, doesn't that pretty much suggest RJ is real or could Carol know Michonne is having hallucinations and she is just playing along??? Also, you can tell there has been conflict between them. I really hope they show what went on in this 6 year time jump. It's just so weird to have them not talking to one another and not really interacting with one another.
They also showed Magna looking in the window at Michonne and RJ.

I stopped reading them after a certain episode, but I do know what goes on from family.
Do you mean the scenes in the preview that show:
Yes the preview with Daryl talking to one of them, I am guessing Alpha. She was trying to convince Daryl he is more like them than the Alexandria people. I guess they could possibly use Henry in place of Carl too, but I think Daryl makes more sense. Especially since he doesn't shower!

Is there more to the plot? Or is the story ended?

Also,
in the comics since he doesn't die?

Yes the preview with Daryl talking to one of them, I am guessing Alpha. She was trying to convince Daryl he is more like them than the Alexandria people. I guess they could possibly use Henry in place of Carl too, but I think Daryl makes more sense. Especially since he doesn't shower!
LOL @ Daryl not showering! He's pretty grimy.
DH was replaying the episode today and I tried to pay more attention to the preview for the next half of the season. From what I saw:
It definitely looks like Michonne and crew are bringing back a prisoner, which I *thought* might be Alpha's daughter from the comics, who they do capture (I thought) and that's who Carl gets involved with. When they showed the woman in the cell talking to Daryl I kind of assumed it was Alpha's daughter and Carl's storyline from the comics, but substituting Daryl for Carl and an adult woman for the role of Alpha's daughter (or sister or something?)

I also noticed in the preview what looks like it may be a flashback with Michonne where her hair is not shaved on the side and she still has her headband on. And she's upset and slicing something.

Is there more to the plot? Or is the story ended?

Also,
in the comics since he doesn't die?

This can be a good reference for the comics:
https://walkingdead.fandom.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Wiki

Will Tara be the leader of Hilltop now, do you think?
I'm not sure if they are done filming this season, if so Tara might be temporary leader until Maggie comes back. Hopefully next season, if they can get her contract set.

OK, once again I'm left scratching my head at the writing. What was the point of Jesus hanging back? Why did he need to be so far away from the gate while the others were going through? He could have watched from right next to them while they went though and then slipped through in plenty of time to be safe.

And where did the rest of the hoard go? After the Whisperers killed Jesus and then got killed by the group, there are suddenly no more regular walkers?

At a time when they really need to retain some of the characters we know and love, they kill off another one :( I don't get it...

LOL @ Daryl not showering! He's pretty grimy.
DH was replaying the episode today and I tried to pay more attention to the preview for the next half of the season. From what I saw:
It definitely looks like Michonne and crew are bringing back a prisoner, which I *thought* might be Alpha's daughter from the comics, who they do capture (I thought) and that's who Carl gets involved with. When they showed the woman in the cell talking to Daryl I kind of assumed it was Alpha's daughter and Carl's storyline from the comics, but substituting Daryl for Carl and an adult woman for the role of Alpha's daughter (or sister or something?)

I also noticed in the preview what looks like it may be a flashback with Michonne where her hair is not shaved on the side and she still has her headband on. And she's upset and slicing something.

This can be a good reference for the comics:
https://walkingdead.fandom.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Wiki

I'm not sure if they are done filming this season, if so Tara might be temporary leader until Maggie comes back. Hopefully next season, if they can get her contract set.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter