The WALDORF ASTORIA ORLANDO and HILTON BONNET CREEK Information Thread

Yup - I will be at the Waldorf in Jan 2010! It looks amazing. If the kids are along I would probably look at the Hilton because it looks like they have some very kid/family friendly rooms available for 5.

When you write a trip report, let us know. Your report will decide whether or not I switch our reservations form BLT to the WA.

The only thing holding me back is this will be my daughter's boyfriend's first ever WDW trip. I'm thinking the fireworks view at the MK would be a great sight. Of course, we'll see Wishes in person too, so you see my dilemma.

One of the posters here had a typical deluxe stay at BLT-that is to say not fabulous. The price for a 2bd suite at the WA is about the same as the 1 bd BLT.

I will!! It's the last week of January and I'll do a TR when I return home. I keep trying to talk Dh into coming and bringing the kids while I'm there for work and of course, extending the stay. If not, I will be doing my first trip alone.

Well, the essential questions are:
1) Do they offer Extra Magic Hours?
2) Are they on the WDW Transportation system?

Frankly, for what the quality of the property looks like, the prices are VERY reasonable. Even the Waldorf is under a WDW Deluxe.

I read they're looking into EMH. Because they're affiliated with Hilton and the Hilton on Hotel Paza has them, maybe the WA and the new Hillton will too???

I doubt they'll be on the Disney transportation system but who knows.

I'm getting the Cartier package...LOL!!

Thinking of a spring 2010 Atlanta Braves spring training trip- ability to stay at W-A might convince my DH that this is a worthwhile trip.

I read they're looking into EMH. Because they're affiliated with Hilton and the Hilton on Hotel Paza has them, maybe the WA and the new Hillton will too???

I doubt they'll be on the Disney transportation system but who knows.
I doubt it, too.

One major difference between the WA/Hilton and the Four Seasons is that the Four Season's property was actually owned by Disney, whereas the WA/Hilton's 500 acres in Bonnet Creek was never owned by Disney. I can see Disney transportation as a possibility at the Four Seasons, but not at the WA/Hilton.

Here is an interesting article (with pictures) about Bonnet Creek and its development:

http://www.yesterland.com/bonnet.html

I'm getting the Cartier package...LOL!!

Thinking of a spring 2010 Atlanta Braves spring training trip- ability to stay at W-A might convince my DH that this is a worthwhile trip.

I saw that!!!:rotfl:

I doubt it, too.

One major difference between the WA/Hilton and the Four Seasons is that the Four Season's property was actually owned by Disney, whereas the WA/Hilton's 500 acres in Bonnet Creek was never owned by Disney. I can see Disney transportation as a possibility at the Four Seasons, but not at the WA/Hilton.

Here is an interesting article (with pictures) about Bonnet Creek and its development:

http://www.yesterland.com/bonnet.html

Interesting read, thank-you for posting it.

I don't know...we usually go a few days early to unwind and resort hop and shop at DTD, but I'm very partial to the Gaylord Palms.

Interesting read, thank-you for posting it.
You're welcome.

Question to all:

Do you think that the new hotels' (WA/Hilton/Four Seasons) guests will primarily be:

(1) New WDW guests

(2) Guests who formerly stayed on-site at a Disney-owned resort

(3) Neither

You're welcome.

Question to all:

Do you think that the new hotels' (WA/Hilton/Four Seasons) guests will primarily be:

(1) New WDW guests

(2) Guests who formerly stayed on-site at a Disney-owned resort

(3) Neither

Assuming that the park transportation is decent and EMH access is granted, I would think that most of the guests will be #2.

I think I would have to agree with #2. Hilton rewards program may make it attractive to business folks like me who typically choose between Hilton, Marriott or Starwood when on the road. Also, when families get over 4 people, they may not have the restrictions that Disney does on putting that extra person on a cot and it may make it more attractive $$$$ wise.

I think I would have to agree with #2. Hilton rewards program may make it attractive to business folks like me who typically choose between Hilton, Marriott or Starwood when on the road.

That is an excellent point - the Hilton affiliation definitely makes in easier to maintain my Hhonors status. (Though the Swan/Dolphin already help with Starwood status....)

I love the Disney transportation system and have never used another resort's transportation. How does the Disney system compare to other resorts (like the Gaylord)?

I agree with others. As with my Starwood points and swan/dolphin, I'd stay at this new resort on HHonors points if some day it's convenient for me to do so. I'm highly unlikely to use cash to stay, though, since I'm a DVC member.

I had posted a picture of the Hilton's lazy river pool but my post poofed:
1260a29c.jpg

I agree with others. As with my Starwood points and swan/dolphin, I'd stay at this new resort on HHonors points if some day it's convenient for me to do so. I'm highly unlikely to use cash to stay, though, since I'm a DVC member.

I always use cash for the weekend that starts our trip because the darn pts. for Friday and Saturday nights are double a weeknight's pts. This way, we get 2- 3 trips/year.

I use my DVC points for family vacations. I use to go cash, with getaways with me and my dh. Those were the times we would try out the Grand Floridian or the Contemporary. Unfortunately those were also the times when we were really able to notice how "undeluxe" Disney deluxes really were. We still may do the WL because we love the atmosphere there and with a discount it becomes more in line with what it's worth.

:wave2:OP here again.

We've booked the Waldorf Astoria for the week of Christmas, and I have some more information about the resort from a WA reservations staff member:

TRANSPORTATION:

Beginning on opening day (October 1st) the WA will provide their own dedicated shuttle to WDW (and those "other" Orlando attractions:rolleyes1). The shuttle will run every 15-30 minutes to/from WDW's TTC. It will not stop at any other resorts. (I didn't ask if the shuttle would be shared with the Hilton next door.) There will also be a Disney bus that will transport WA guests to/from WDW, however, it will stop at other resorts and therefore, will not go directly to/from the WA and WDW. I don't know what the Disney shuttle's schedule will be or if it only travels to the TTC.

POOL:

The photo of the pool that ri'esmom posted above is of the Hilton's pool. That pool has a really great slide (far back-right in the photo) and a lazy river, and I guess could best be compared to SAB. The pool at the WA does not have those features, but is very large and geared more toward adults. WA guests can access the Hilton pool anytime by:

Walking on one of two pathways outside.

Walking from one lobby to the other inside.

Taking their shuttle.

The hotels are also connected by the shared convention facility.

PRICING:

The room we booked at the WA is a 950 sq. ft. Deluxe 1-bedroom suite (yes, with a door;)), here is the link:

http://waldorfastoriaorlando.com/resort/rooms/deluxesuite/

As a comparison, the room-only rate for the WA suite is less than a standard room at the WL for the same time period! And, the rate we booked includes a $50/day resort credit. They will also extend a military discount (active or retired/not on orders) if you call them. However, that discount couldn't be combined with the $50/day resort credit. When I looked at the WA rates for April and August of 2010, they were $50-$90/day higher than '09 rates. When I asked about this, she suspected that the '09 rates might be "introductory" rates and may fluctuate in the future depending on market conditions. She said that normally Christmas would be high season, and also January 1st - April 30th (for WA/Hilton).

Here are some other related links:

http://waldorfastoriaorlando.com/resort/amenities/

http://www.bonnetcreekmedia.com/index.html

http://hiltonbonnetcreek.com/hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter