"The Trip" - Part 6 (How dare you touch my hat)

Tombstone

Earning My Ears
Cast:
Rawry: That’s me! 43
Mitchy Mama: My partner in Disney 39/40
Devo: The oldest son 16/17
JoJo: The middle child 13
Sissy: Her Highness 5
MeMe: Mother in Law ????

How dare you touch my hat

Sunday, June 15th / Day 5

We had reservations this morning to dine with the princesses at 9:00. Actually I thought this would work out perfect since it was an Early Entry morning. This way we could ride for an hour with no lines and then eat once the park opens. Notice that I said thought. MeMe, Mitchy MaMa, and Sissy were not moving this morning. The boys and I decided to go ahead and hit the park while everyone else got ready. I quickly checked the weather channel and see that today is going to be clear back home. Hopefully, all that water that I imagine is sitting in my basement is draining away somewhere. We left and told the girls to meet us at the restaurant entrance at 8:45. The boys and I managed to squeeze in a couple rides on Space Mountain and Buzz before we needed to head to meet the girls. We ended up finding them in the Tinkerbell Gift Shop next to the castle. Luckily we caught them before they had a chance to buy anything! We decided we had time to grab a quick ride on Peter Pan before breakfast. I don’t know what it is about this ride, but I find it just magical. Somehow it is so simple and innocent.. The boats that you ride in, the way that they sail through the story, all combine to Disney at its best for me.

We finished just in time to head back to the castle and check in for breakfast. We went inside and got in line to see the Fairy Godmother. We had only moved a couple of feet before we were summoned to breakfast. Figured we would catch Godmother after breakfast and headed upstairs. What a fabulous interior. I am always amazed at the detail in this restaurant every time we are here. When we entered the only Princess that was making the rounds was Cinderella. As soon as we sat down, she completed her rounds and left without getting to our table. Our waiter came to take our order. I immediately recognized him as the same waiter that we had here two years ago. I don’t know why he didn’t recognize me when I went to all that trouble of recognizing him. I have a terrific memory for faces. Names however are another story. Soon our food was delivered and I was especially enjoying the stuffed French toast with blueberry syrup. Sissy was not eating though. She was like the proverbial “cat on a hot tin roof”. She had the autograph book in one hand and her pen in the other just waiting. She was ready and was looking everywhere, but the princesses weren’t there. We finally did get her to eat a few bites, at least until the princesses came back in. You don’t bring a child here for the food anyway. Today we had Princess Aurora, Snow White, Mary Poppins, Belle, and Cinderella. Eventually they made it to our table and Sissy was in heaven. For that matter, Devo and JoJo seemed to be really enjoying getting their pictures taken with the princesses also. For that matter, I kind of wish I was getting my picture taken with the ladies. After all, it is Fathers Day. Princess Aurora was absolutely stunning, and Snow White looked exactly as if she came from the film. After breakfast we did get to finish the visit with Fairy Godmother. She is about the sweetest lady that we have encountered. She must have given Sissy a dozen kisses while she was sitting talking with her.

After breakfast I sent Devo to run and grab Fastpasses for Splash Mountain while the rest of us headed for the Haunted Mansion. This little exercise worked well throughout the rest of the trip. Devo would head out to get passes and would usually beat us to back to whatever ride we were heading to. He’s young and can handle it, plus I’m sure it saved me a couple of blisters during our stay. Besides, it was taking this little entourage of ours forever to get from one place to another. After the Haunted Mansion we headed over to Pirates of the Carribean. Upon exiting we got in line to see Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. Captain Hook was being extra picky today. He would examine different articles that people were carrying to see if he wanted them or not. Usually he acted as if they didn’t meet his approval and then would reluctantly sign their autograph books. In front of us were two boys and their father all wearing hats with the Puerto Rican flag on them. When they got to Captain Hook, he took the cap off of one of the boys and examined it closely. It obviously did not meet with his approval and he tossed it on the ground. The boys thought it was funny but their father suddenly became really upset. He ran up and grabbed the hat and starting shaking it in the Captains face. My Spanish isn’t very good but whatever he was saying didn’t sound like a compliment. Now I am positive that he meant no disrespect, but what started out as a little fun had now gone horribly wrong. Of course now that we are next, I was curious to see what the Captain would do. Fortunately, he stayed in character and was now examining the contents of Mitchy MaMa’s purse for anything that he could use. Once satisfied that we had already spent all of our money, we were allowed to pose for pictures. We next rode Splash, Small World, Buzz, and did the Jungle River Cruise before leaving the crowds behind.

Once back at the hotel, MeMe opted to rest while the rest of us headed over to the Dolphin Fountain for some lunch. You just can’t slip a meal past us, now can you? Last time we were here Jordan and I discovered the Beach Boy burgers. We are big White Castle hamburger fans and since they pulled out of Kansas City, there has been this big void in our lives. These little babies are as close as you can get to the real thing. Yea, the rest of the group ate something also, but it’s these little burgers that matter. Once the bill arrived, I whipped out the Disney Club Card and saved a whopping 20%. Bet you thought I forgot about reaping my discounts!

We relaxed a little while and then headed over to MGM. First stop was to send Devo ahead and grab Fastpasses for Rockin’ Roller. We worked our way toward the Tower of Terror and once again Devo beat us there. For two years Sissy has been telling us that she was not going to ride TOT again. She rode it once last time when she was almost four and swore never again. Today however she has decided to give it another try. She is such a trooper. Always willing to try anything once. I have in no way threatened, bribed, or otherwise influenced this decision. She decided this on her own. We all went on our little journey to the twilight zone. Well, once again she has sworn never again. She said it wasn’t as bad as last time, but she just doesn’t like the drops. Rockin’ Roller is a totally different story though. She was not tall enough last time to ride, but is now ready to try her first grown up roller coaster. She was grinning from ear to ear by the time we got off. She loved everything about it. We had to buy the picture at the end of the ride just to capture the smile on her face. We also managed to squeeze in Star Tours before it was time for dinner.

Tonight we were dining at the 50’s Prime Time Café. I believe we have eaten here every trip. Last time we even ate here twice. Tonight our server/cousin was more of a surfer dude than a disciplinarian. Everything was righteous with this guy. No problem with wearing a hat or putting your elbows on the table. If you’ve ever seen Fast Time at Ridgemont High, well we had Jeff Spicoli (sp). Anything we tried that usually gets you in trouble at “moms” table, just resulted in the surfer laugh. Food was just o.k. tonight. I’ve had much better here. Hopefully it was just an off night.

Tonight we headed back early and managed to catch the Illuminations fireworks from our rooms. There we were with all of our little faces plastered against the window like we had never seen fireworks before. It wasn’t quite the same as being there with the music and the crowds, but it was a close second. Watched some TV and called it a night. Sissy needs her rest so that she can search for Pirate Treasure come tomorrow.

Rawry, Sissy, Devo, JoJo?? you people have the coolest names :)

About Captain hook... He looked through my bag too - but I had my bikini top in there - as earlier I was sitting in the sun and then changed for the park... well he lifted it out with his hook and examined it oh so carefully and then brandished it around for all to see - the crowd was in hysterics - smee held it up in front of him to check for size - Hook nodded his approval - it was classic disney fun.

>>^..^<<

I love it when the characters are really into it. Especially the villians.

hi

i have really enjoyed reading your trip reports- they are entertaining and funny!!

looking forward to the next one

lisa:p

Enjoying your trip reports!

Question about your Fast Pass system: Do you save a place for the "runner" in line at the ride you're going to? Or, does the runner not ride that one?

This sounds like a good idea--just want to get the system down correctly.

Thanks

Great report! Love the details and insights. And mmmmm....french toast with blueberry syrup- sounds mighty good!

Hi BurleyGirl,

We would usually wait at the entrance to the ride and then when they would come back we would then get in line. The way some of the queues wander around, it would be almost impossible for them to catch up otherwise. Remember to always have a Fastpass. There will be a time at the bottom of your Fastpass letting you know when you can get another one. By doing it this way and then riding the less popular rides in between, shopping, eating, etc..., you will get a lot accomplished each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter