Rawry: That’s me! 43
Mitchy Mama: My partner in Disney 39/40
Devo: The oldest son 16/17
JoJo: The middle child 13
Sissy: Her Highness 5
MeMe: Mother in Law ????

I found it!

Thursday, June 19th / Day 9

We woke up fresh and rested today. We drug our wretched bodies out of the center of our beds and attempted to get them moving. Threw open the curtains to see that glorious sun that we had enjoyed for the last nine days. No sun was to be seen today though. At least is wasn’t raining. Or was it? I almost forgot to check the weather. This was becoming a real train wreck. I knew there was devastation occurring and all I could do was watch. I rushed for the remote and flipped on the weather channel. It’s sad that I memorized the channel number and could have that baby on with two easy keystrokes. No rain at home, and here they were quoting the usual. Partly cloudy with afternoon thunderstorms.

Lot’s of characters were around when we entered the Magic Kingdom this morning. Sissy was in a froth. She just couldn’t decide who to bless with her presence. She had her book and she had her pen and was doing her best to make it from line to line. Suddenly the light bulb turned on for JoJo. He exclaimed “I get it!”. He went on to explain to us that this was like Hollywood to Sissy. These were movie stars to her and she was trying to get close to these celebrities. Oh my gosh! She has turned into a groupie. It starts out innocent enough. A chance meeting with a princess or two and then the next thing you know, she’s hitting the road with the seven dwarfs. Where did we go wrong? We didn’t have a Dead-head, we had a Dwarf-head.

We had not yet rode Dumbo during this visit. A visit to Disney World is not complete unless you ride Dumbo. This has got to be the most photographed ride in the Magic Kingdom. Right smack dab in the middle of Fantasyland for the whole world to see. Put it anywhere else, and it would be a cheap carnival ride. Put it here, and it’s magic. Sometimes I eavesdrop on other peoples conversations while standing in line. This morning there was a guy scouring the map pointing out all of the attractions to his family. He got real excited and announced that we were right next to Ariel’s Ghetto. I shouldn’t have had a mouth full of soda cause I think I shot some out my nose. I’ll have to make a point to wander on over to the ghetto. Might see some of Mr. Toads cars up on blocks with the wheels off parked in front. As we left Dumbo, we encountered our first true she-mullett of the trip. I had the camera whipped out quicker than you could say Buzz Lightyear. I have come to appreciate the deception that Zurg has used in capturing pictures of peoples feet for his BadShoe website. I was finding that a number of these same practices could be used with these photo opportunities as well. Have your group stand close to the victim and pretend that you are taking pictures of them, when in reality….well you know.

Crystal Palace is another one of those traditions for our family. I’m not really into the Pooh characters. They’re cute and all but even as a kid I never really enjoyed the cartoons or books. What I do like though is food if you couldn’t tell. The Pooh characters are just a nice plus for the kids and Mitchy MaMa. It’s a good thing that you have to walk a lot at Disney, otherwise I would have put on about twenty pounds while we were here. After I manage to rid myself of the feedbag that I had strapped on this morning we exited into the drizzle. Yes, today was going to be wet. I’m so glad that we decided to skip the water park yesterday when it was nice and sunny. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

We headed for Tomorrowland and did all of the usual attractions. The drizzle has now turned into a steady rain. We decided to head back to the hotel and regroup. Maybe relax a little and then when the rain stops…get back to the parks. When we got back to the room we once again had a message on the phone. Guess who? You got it…….MeMe. She was now pretty upset that she had left and went back home. She wished she had never left. I thought her next statement was going to be that she was on her way back again, but it was not to be. I wonder if she is now going to be calling us on a daily basis? Sometime I might have to tell you about the time she called us on our honeymoon. I still haven’t quite forgiven her for that one.

MaMa and the boys went out to pick us up some lunch while Sissy and I hibernated for a bit. I guess ice cream qualifies as lunch doesn’t it? We lounged around most of the day with no sign of the rain letting up. Finally we couldn’t take it any longer. We must get back to the parks. We then did something that we hadn’t done all week long. We broke out the ponchos. Not just any ponchos either. These are the classically tailored matching yellow Disney ponchos with the officially registered Mickey Mouse on back. In all of our trips, I have never seen another quite like them. After each use we make sure to dry them thoroughly and return them to their protective Ziploc storage containers. We are heading back to the Magic Kingdom. Once just wasn’t enough for today.

The rain had it’s effect on the crowd since this morning. Even though it was an EE day, the crowds had now dispersed. We could walk onto any ride that we wanted and did. Today we even managed to catch the Country Bears. In all of our trips we had never taken the time to watch this show. We had taken time out to watch the movie, but never the attraction. It was cute. They made us take off our ponchos before we could go in, but ….it was cute. After the show as we exited the theater, the clouds parted and the rain retreated. It was then that we realized that it sure was humid down here in Florida. All of our glasses and camera lenses were now covered with moisture. Just as well since it was now time to head for dinner.

Tonight we would dine at ‘Ohanas. We ate here for the first time on our last trip. I don’t think I have ever been as miserable as I was after that last visit. Of course, that was before this one. Even with our PS there was a huge line tonight. People were taking longer to finish their meals and the tables weren’t clearing up as quickly as they had planned. Well, I couldn’t blame them for that. We would just patiently wait our turn. Finally our little coaster with lights started flashing and we headed off to our feast. Sissy has gotten a lot better at hoola hooping, and coconut sweeping in the past two years. Our server tonight was a real hoot. She seemed to be especially enjoying giving JoJo a hard time. He was really thirsty tonight for some reason. After about his third cherry coke, she told him that she was not bringing him anymore until he finished his steak. JoJo got the bright idea of hiding his steak underneath the shrimp shells. When she returned JoJo was proudly displaying his plate. She then said, “you wouldn’t by chance be hiding your steak under all those shells now would you?”. The look on his face was a riot. He knew that he had been busted. She told him that he could have another drink if he would give her a kiss. He wouldn’t of course, so she snuck up behind him and gave him a big kiss right on the cheek. She brought him a whole pitcher of coke with a giant straw in it. She also tied his napkin on his head like a do-rag. Every table around us was rolling with the way these two were acting. We were brought our pineapple just as the fireworks were starting at the Magic Kingdom. We relaxed and listened to the music while watching the fireworks and enjoying our pineapple. This was it. This was that feeling I had been trying to find. This was the reason why I would be coming back. As we rode the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom, the Electric Water Pageant was making its way across the lake. I’ve now got a pretty nice postcard painted in my mind.

Tomorrow is our last full day and yet there is still so much to do. I think if we spent a month, there would still be so much to yet to do. Tomorrow though, we find one of our gang in the spotlight. Wonder which one it is?

What a great day... Love your reports and am always checking for the next installment.

2 reports in one day!!! I'm in heaven. Just love your reports!

Great reports & a great day! I'm still curious about MeMe too!

You've got me hooked on your reports. Gotta check every day to see if you posted a new one!

Sounds like you had a great time at Ohana's. We ate there last time we were there and totally enjoyed it.

Cant wait to here about your last day....:jester:
/
Denise

Ugh...

Only one more day?! You need to tell us all about MeMe and the possibily-flooded basement! I'm dyin' here. :eek:

Reading your reports have been like reading a good book...I can't get enough! Your reports are very amusing and informative. Looking forward to hearing about your last day! I am anxious to hear the conclusion to MeMe's story too.

It is 2:30 in the morning, but I couldn't think of going to sleep until I read all 10 installments of your trip reports - I almost woke my DH up with my giggles! I can't wait until tomorrow to find out what happened with MeMe...seriously, though, your writing is quite funny. I thoroughly enjoyed it! :p

you had me howling. I loved the part about dumbo. I will be sure to check out the Ghetto (LOL) when we go. From your description of Dumbo, sounds like you have read the Unofficial guide a couple of times.:D :D

Loved your report...now I'm hooked and will have to read them all!

Beautiful description of your magical moment on the monrail after dinner. You're right...it's moments and memories like that which entice us all to return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter