The THYROID Thread

Discussion in 'Coping and Compassion' started by Christine, Nov 11, 2006.

1. luvmarypoppins

luvmarypoppins <font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu

Gather round peeps, enjoy your cheese because I am going to whine
    In the what can happen next department
    We have not had any heat since saturday.
    poor dil has the shingles
    the boats to doctor will not be running when we are there. A total pain as we dealt with this in May too.

the $900 part may get here tomm. Doubtful. Ds1 is taking us to the airport before work so we will be there 2 hours before we really have too, sigh.

2. luvmarypoppins

singing mom - how was your trip?

Our trip was pretty bad
    They were ripping apart the Swan lobby and parking lot. Busses were at the Dolphin most of our trip.
    Epcot boats stopped running before the fireworks. We got the last regular night before they started that.
    So cold the first 2 nights
    3 drunk ladies sat next to dh at the Candlelight processional. I wasn't impressed with Robby Benson
    the Christmas party was fun
    The food was good. Last night a server dumped drinks down hubs back. He was furious but it was a supervisors fault for trying to squeeze by.

now back home. We have heat and dh is going to Massachusetts today.

hope every one is doing well

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear your trip wasn't pleasant! :sad2:

We had a busy visit - treated a few of DD's friends to a "family dinner" at various spots - Thanksgiving Eve we ate at Liberty Tree Tavern for a "traditional turkey dinner". Thanksgiving evening after work we took DD to bluezoo - I love the renovations at the Dolphin. That used to be our go to spot - hadn't seen it since the renovation.

We adored the Candlelight Processional - we invited our friend from California and her family - we ate at Chefs de france and then went to the 6:45 show. Helen Hunt did a decent job. My favorite still has been Daniel Dae Kim - DD went back the other night to see her childhood heartthrob John Stamos. She said he was wonderful.

DH got to see the model of DD's new townhouse to be built. He loved it. We are getting excited for them to break ground soon.

My dad is not doing well. I'm hoping he feels up to coming to our home for Christmas dinner. DD will be home for the holidays and we have a very busy week planned.

5. Christine

Christine Would love to be able to sit on

Hey everyone, it was fun reading about your trips (even though LMP had some bad experiences). Not much going on here. I've got my foot back in a walking boot. I have strained my posterior tibial tendon (first injured it in 2009). It takes a long time to get under control so I'll be in a boot for a few weeks and I hope it works. So far no change. Despite the boot, my DH and I are hitting the mall today. I am WAY behind on my Christmas shopping for the "kids" and since he's home he can help carry any bags while I drag my 30 lb leg around. DH had hernia surgery last week. He's not an office worker so he can't really get back to work but he's okay for shopping!!

My parents are down in their home at The Villages and are enjoying getting things set up. I think it's been cooler than they thought but I told her she didn't move far enough south to get constant warm weather. But she's okay with having some seasons. Just doesn't want anymore ice and snow.

I've got a wedding to go to in Blacksburg, VA next weekend so a 4 hour drive back and forth for that and then I can finally just kick back and get in the holiday mode.

6. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

Hope you and your husband heal quickly

7. luvmarypoppins

Christine - sorry to hear about your and your Dh medical issues. I hope your foot heals and he heals well post op.

I wrote a dining report if anyone is interested.

got the d's Christmas wishes
    ds1 couch or microwave or vacuum
    ds2 - vacuum
    ds3 - go pro

I usually give money and gift cards. We shall see.

now dh and I are going to another funeral viewing tomm. It's the husband of a church member. The wife is a breast cancer survivor and they have one handicapped dd at home I think. I don't know how this sweet lady will financially be able to keep her houses. It"s so expensive here.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018