The Three "D's"

Scrufsmom

Mouseketeer
Disney Dining Deserts are the three D's. I'm just wondering who has ever felt that they've eaten so much at their dinner they couldn't possibly eat another bite of anything else? So with that said have you ever asked to take home your desert so not to lose out from the meal plan? Will the restaurants even allow you do that?

I've only taken advantage of the DDP once before, but that was when appetizers were allowed. From that I must of gained 20 pounds from my week of eating. Not good! LOL But still wondering and your input will be greatly appreciated.

You can definitely ask to take home your dessert. We've done it before several times because we were also way too full to finish (and that's without appetizers included anymore!).

Personally, I don't like to take the desert back with me. Mousekeeping HATES to clean up all the sand afterwards.

Sorry, couldn't resist! :)

We almost never eat desserts while at WDW (or elsewhere for that matter). However, we usually will get a Mickey Bar or Dole Whip or something later during the fireworks! (We also don't do the dining plan.)

Maggie

Happened to us once (on deluxe) after lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. We let the waitress talk us into getting it to go (not that it took much convincing) -- we got the brownie and toffee cake (both sans ice cream, of course), and had it later in the afternoon with a pair of dole whips. Yummy.

It helped, of course, that we were able to store the "to-go" box underneath the stroller. Without a good sized bag or a stroller, it would have been a pain to carry it around, for sure.

If I think it will be eaten later, I would get it to go. If not, I wouldn't get it at all. Yes, you would be losing it from the meal plan but you would also be reducing the total price of your meal and in turn reducing the out of pocket amount of the gratuity.

We took some dinner desserts to-go on our last two dining plan trips. Only at Disney would I encourage macadamia nut tart or key lime pie for breakfast! ;)

Way to go everyone!:thumbsup2 I thank you so much for that input on my three D's. Now I am planning on taking my goodies as I leave the restaurants. It will be a must for a morning surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter