The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

Love all the Castle pics (side note, we got the Disney Lego castle for Christmas and it is cool now noticing all the detail in pictures of the actual castle that match the lego version)

Love the representing the Giants (tough game this past Sunday)

Wow, that is a long line at BOG - we haven't done lunch in while but when we did the line to order wasn't that much longer than if you pre-ordered - glad you enjoyed your meal though and the room looks even more beautiful dressed up for the holidays!

Characters and castle pics! My favorite :lovestruc:lovestruc

I kind of regret not doing BOG this time...we're kind of over eating there, but I did want to see the holiday decorations. I LOOOOVVVEEE the ornaments of the enchanted objects that look kind of stained glass-ish! Oh my gosh, I wish they had those for sale!!

You can kinda see the castle through the glass there!
I love seeing the little glimpses from the Contemporary.

I knew we were running a little late but I wasn't exactly prepared for the crowds we were about to face. By the time we got through bag check, the line was way past the turnstiles, giving us no view of the Welcome Show :( I was pretty bummed. On top of that, not all the turnstiles were open which caused SO much chaos and line shifting to get in. It was well past 9am by the time we got into the park.
My hopes of getting on Peter Pan first thing were quickly squashed.
That stinks. I know it wasn't as early as you'd have liked to get there, but you were still there early enough that this seems a little extreme. I'm sorry it impacted your morning plans, but it looks like you got some good character meets in.

My Giants were playing today so I also had to show my support from miles away and send this picture back home!
I'm no Giants fan, but I like it! You should have put some ears on the hat and wore it all day!

Oh man I can't believe it took that long to order!! We ordered ahead last time but I didn't realize how long the line would be if we hadn't. Good to know for next time! That grey stuff cupcake is THE BEST!

Maybe it was because it was prime lunch time, but it was crazy! I have dreams about the grey stuff cupcake, my favorite!!

That is my favorite lunch meal at BOG as well including the cupcake yum! We have preordered the last two times and it really does help lessen the wait.

It's so delicious! BOG lunch is always on my must-do list!

Love the Christmas Decorations in BOG....so beautiful! And the food looked super yum :-)

Way to support the GMEN!!! (keep the faith for next season!)

It is always beautiful in there, but the Christmas decorations really make it extra special!

Thanks! Tough way to end the year, but hopeful for next season!

Great report so far! I love the matching shirts and outfits, and LOVE the Giants hat! :thumbsup2

Thank you for reading and for the compliments! :)

Love all the Castle pics (side note, we got the Disney Lego castle for Christmas and it is cool now noticing all the detail in pictures of the actual castle that match the lego version)

Love the representing the Giants (tough game this past Sunday)

Wow, that is a long line at BOG - we haven't done lunch in while but when we did the line to order wasn't that much longer than if you pre-ordered - glad you enjoyed your meal though and the room looks even more beautiful dressed up for the holidays!

Thanks! The Lego castle must be really awesome!

I had to! Sunday was a heartbreaker :( Sigh..next season.

I have never seen the line so crazy and definitely made me re-evaluate the preordering thing. The holiday decorations there are beautiful!

Great Trip report! I love Pic heavy ones!

Thank you! Lots more pictures to come!

Characters and castle pics! My favorite :lovestruc:lovestruc

I kind of regret not doing BOG this time...we're kind of over eating there, but I did want to see the holiday decorations. I LOOOOVVVEEE the ornaments of the enchanted objects that look kind of stained glass-ish! Oh my gosh, I wish they had those for sale!!

The best things! :thumbsup2

The holiday decorations are so lovely! I am obsessed with those ornaments! And you're right, they should be selling them!

I love seeing the little glimpses from the Contemporary.

That stinks. I know it wasn't as early as you'd have liked to get there, but you were still there early enough that this seems a little extreme. I'm sorry it impacted your morning plans, but it looks like you got some good character meets in.

I'm no Giants fan, but I like it! You should have put some ears on the hat and wore it all day!

It is really nice and sure gives you a feel of how close to the park you actually are.

It was annoying but in the end it all worked out!

Thanks! Haha I didn't even think to do both! Next time! ;)

All caught up! I wasn't as far behind as I feared I would be. Hoping I will be able to keep up.

Great start to your trip, you've gotten in some nice character meets. I really want to go back to Chef Mickey's someday. I've only eaten there one time in 2010 for breakfast.

That's my go to meal at BOG! I love that turkey sandwich. Mom and I ran into a long line last time but luckily we had pre-ordered. The group that checked in right in front of us didn't pre-order. We saw them coming in to get seated a full 1/2 hour after we were seated.

All caught up! I wasn't as far behind as I feared I would be. Hoping I will be able to keep up.

Great start to your trip, you've gotten in some nice character meets. I really want to go back to Chef Mickey's someday. I've only eaten there one time in 2010 for breakfast.

That's my go to meal at BOG! I love that turkey sandwich. Mom and I ran into a long line last time but luckily we had pre-ordered. The group that checked in right in front of us didn't pre-order. We saw them coming in to get seated a full 1/2 hour after we were seated.

Glad you had time to read!

Thanks. I think you would enjoy going back to Chef Mickey's!

It is so delicious! I couldn't believe how long it took as I've never had that happen. Now I know for the future!

November 6th- 2 trains and a log flume in between!

Then it was time to use our FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! As always, it was a great ride!

We then headed towards Frontierland to use our 2nd FP of the day for Splash Mountain!

I love this ride and we didn't get too wet, which was nice!

The ride photo, however, was not so nice as I was caught mid-action trying to keep my ears on my head! :rotfl:Lesson learned!

Liz mentioned she'd never been on the Railroad before, so we decided to hop on at the Frontierland stop and get off at the front of the park.

It was getting close to parade time when we got off, so we decided to find a spot for the parade. Main Street was crowded already but we were able to get a spot right across the Train Station!

We met a really nice guy from Europe who started chatting with us and talked to us about his time working at Disneyland Paris! It was a really nice conversation!

And it's become a recent tradition for me to have some sort of treat during the parade, so therefore it was the perfect time to have my first Mickey Bar of the trip!

Up next..Parade time!

You really nabbed a great spot for the parade. Can't think of a better way to wait for a parade than with a mickey bar!

And it's become a recent tradition for me to have some sort of treat during the parade, so therefore it was the perfect time to have my first Mickey Bar of the trip!
You know, I don't think I've ever had a treat while watching a parade. I like that idea, especially a Mickey bar. I might have to do this!

That was a long wait to get into BoG, especially since it was a quick service meal. The turkey sandwich is pretty tasty, though. Worth the time spent in line.
I love the Beauty and the Beast themed tree decorations. Very unique.

Glad to hear Splash Mtn didn't get you that day. It can be hit or miss. Probably helped that you were in the back row. All those nice folks in front of you took one for the team. :rotfl2:

Nice photo of the tree on Main St. from your parade viewing spot!

I like your tradition. And a Premium Mickey Ice Cream bar sounds like the perfect treat after some turns on Mine Train and Splash. :thumbsup2

Just noticed you have a current TR going on so naturally I had to join in.

:wave2: Alexis and Liz. That photo is super adorable

Soon enough our first character was coming around- Donald! He was...interesting. Now I know Donald is known to have an exasperated personality, but this one certainly took that to the extreme. He made grumpy noises at us for basically everything we said and wouldn't even give us time to get out of our seats for pictures. I was only able to get one pic with him and it was blurry!

Oh Donald! :sad2:

Minnie came next though and she was much better! And we were able to get a group pic with her which was cute.

LOVE LOVE LOVE all your very cute photos with Minnie, especially with your Minnie ears. You certainly came dressed for the occassion.

And then Mickey, who was awesome and the star of this meal! He was very happy to see us and even danced around with Liz. The best part though was when we asked to use our polaroid camera for some pics. We each took one with him and then he asked if a third could be taken so he could keep it! Afterwards we saw him go over to the attendant to show her and had her hold on to it. It was really cute and unexpected!

Awwwwww!

We noticed Donald come by again and since our interaction was so quick with him, we asked the attendant if it would be possible to get a quick pic of both of us with him and she obliged.

Oh good. Glad you were able to get that decent picture with him.

Also nice resort pics by the way.
Ok off now to continue on to Day 2...

All caught up now

It was well past 9am by the time we got into the park.
My hopes of getting on Peter Pan first thing were quickly squashed

That sucks

So we did take our time our little as we walked in, stopping for some pictures

Next best thing of course

So instead we hit up another favorite- Under the Sea!

One of my favorites too. LOVE it

From there we headed to It's A Small World, which was also a walk-on!

And another of my favorites

Our reservation was for 11:45am and holy cow was the line LONG! By the time we ordered and sat down it was 12:25pm! I've never considered ordering beforehand but this really made me re-think that!

Yeah, I'm glad I was sufficiently warned beforehand

When we finished eating, we spent some time looking at all the decorations.

Love that there was also a tree there and all the B&B ornaments.

Great character filled morning. Cute pics

Looking forward to more

Ooooo that Mickey Ice Cream bar sure looks tasty!!! (Have to remember to not read these during lunch...LOL :)

Joining in and all caught up! :) I love that you and your cousin take these trips together--my cousin and I are very close and have taken a few trips together ourselves (though our moms have always tagged along ;) ) I LOVE your matching shirts!!

Sounds like a great start to your trip! I love the pictures of the Beast's castle decorated for Christmas. That is definitely something I'd love to see in person one day!

Glad you enjoyed your Mine Train ride. I love this ride photo - especially the contrast in the looks of joy on your faces vs the guy right behind you :rotfl:

Pretty nice spot for the parade! And good reason to have a Mickey bar!

Thanks! Haha that guy looks terrified :rotfl:

It takes a while for the parade to reach it, but it's a great place to see the parade (and also gave me time to enjoy my treat)!

You really nabbed a great spot for the parade. Can't think of a better way to wait for a parade than with a mickey bar!

Thanks! The Mickey Bar was a must! :)

You know, I don't think I've ever had a treat while watching a parade. I like that idea, especially a Mickey bar. I might have to do this!

You should! What screams "Disney" more than a parade and a mickey treat?!

That was a long wait to get into BoG, especially since it was a quick service meal. The turkey sandwich is pretty tasty, though. Worth the time spent in line.
I love the Beauty and the Beast themed tree decorations. Very unique.
Glad to hear Splash Mtn didn't get you that day. It can be hit or miss. Probably helped that you were in the back row. All those nice folks in front of you took one for the team. :rotfl2:

Nice photo of the tree on Main St. from your parade viewing spot!

I like your tradition. And a Premium Mickey Ice Cream bar sounds like the perfect treat after some turns on Mine Train and Splash. :thumbsup2

I've never had that happen before when doing QS there, so it was strange for me! But that meal is totally worth it to me!

The Christmas decorations in there were so beautiful, such nice touches.

Haha it's always a gamble when going on Splash! I always breathe a sigh of relief when I'm put in the back!

Thank you! :)

Just noticed you have a current TR going on so naturally I had to join in.

:wave2: Alexis and Liz. That photo is super adorable

Oh Donald! :sad2:

LOVE LOVE LOVE all your very cute photos with Minnie, especially with your Minnie ears. You certainly came dressed for the occassion.

Awwwwww!

Oh good. Glad you were able to get that decent picture with him.

Also nice resort pics by the way.
Ok off now to continue on to Day 2...

Hi! Thanks for joining in! We had a great time at Chef Mickey's and were happy when we got a second chance with Donald!

All caught up now

That sucks

Next best thing of course

One of my favorites too. LOVE it

And another of my favorites

Yeah, I'm glad I was sufficiently warned beforehand

Love that there was also a tree there and all the B&B ornaments.

Great character filled morning. Cute pics

Looking forward to more

We quickly turned the morning around going on some favorite rides and meeting some fun characters. I was not expecting the line at Be Our Guest, but the meal was worth the wait!

Ooooo that Mickey Ice Cream bar sure looks tasty!!! (Have to remember to not read these during lunch...LOL :)

I always regret reading TRs when I'm hungry! It's 9am right now but I could still go for a Mickey Bar! ;)

Joining in and all caught up! :) I love that you and your cousin take these trips together--my cousin and I are very close and have taken a few trips together ourselves (though our moms have always tagged along ;) ) I LOVE your matching shirts!!

Sounds like a great start to your trip! I love the pictures of the Beast's castle decorated for Christmas. That is definitely something I'd love to see in person one day!

Hi there! Glad to have you! I bet it's so fun having your moms along too, so much girl fun! You and your cousin should make some shirts for your upcoming trip!

Beast's Castle is so gorgeous no matter what, but the Christmas decorations really add such a nice touch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter