The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Hey everyone!! Just booked my stay at the Vistana for November!! We decided on a split stay. We will do Vistana for the first four days and then we are surprising the kids and taking them to AoA for the remaining six days. My DH said it wouldn't feel like a Disney trip without staying at SVR... Not only that, but it will be our 10 year anniversary in November (and we stayed at the Vistana for our honeymoon back in '04!) so it's only fitting. We are so excited!!! Thanks to everyone for their help!

Hey everyone!! Just booked my stay at the Vistana for November!! We decided on a split stay. We will do Vistana for the first four days and then we are surprising the kids and taking them to AoA for the remaining six days. My DH said it wouldn't feel like a Disney trip without staying at SVR... Not only that, but it will be our 10 year anniversary in November (and we stayed at the Vistana for our honeymoon back in '04!) so it's only fitting. We are so excited!!! Thanks to everyone for their help!

Yay! You finally decided :) . I know you were struggling with the space of the Vistana vs. the benefits and theming on site. This should give your family a great balance and the best of both worlds :thumbsup2 .

Yay! You finally decided :) . I know you were struggling with the space of the Vistana vs. the benefits and theming on site. This should give your family a great balance and the best of both worlds :thumbsup2 .

Thanks Gina and thanks for writing me!! You actually are the reason I started looking into doing a split stay! You really can't beat the space at Vistana. I know my DH really had his heart set on his 'home away from home' as he calls it... and we wanted to surprise the kids, so we're getting the best of both worlds this way!! So i've booked SVR and our rental car... now I just have to book AoA and I'll be in full blown Disney mode! lol thanks again!

The shuttle is FREE for most people who book a hotel type stay (through Sheraton or a TA). Free transportation is actually a requirement of the Disney good neighbor program.

For timeshare owners or those staying on an exchange or rental from an owner the shuttles are $9/pp. And again, this is because owners don't want the shuttle cost included in their annual maintenance fees, because most owners won't use the shuttles.

IMO, for regular use the shuttles aren't very convenient because the number of trips is limited and you have to follow their schedule instead of your own. And for us (owners) at $9/pp, our family of four costs $36 which is about the cost of a daily car rental plus Disney parking for the day. Last time we asked, I think they were running two trips to the park in the morning, one trip both ways near noon, and two return trips in the late afternoon/evening.

For what you want to do, the shuttles could be a very handy option however. I would appreciate anyone with more recent information on price and schedule posting an answer here.

Thanks so much for the answer. We are staying as a gift from my grandmother; we traded a week at her timeshare for this one, so it looks like we'd be paying for the shuttle. But it's still cheaper than a taxi; we'll definitely check it out, just in case.

I was reading TripAdvisor this morning, and noted that some of the comments to the reviews from the Resort Management Team outlined several upgrades which are scheduled for completion later this year.

"The resort is constantly improving, we are very excited to share that our Welcome Center, Zimmies Restaurant (which offers healthy and nutritious meals) and the Mini Golf will be renovated from August to December of this year. At the same time we will be adding a new Sheraton Fitness Center, programmed by Core Performance at our Spa Recreation Center."

"You are correct, there is no dressing room connected to the indoor Fitness Center on the second floor. However there are restrooms which our guests are currently using. We have plans to expand this amenity for your enjoyment. Coming soon, the resort will be undergoing some enhanced renovations. We will be adding a new Sheraton Fitness Center, programmed by Core Performance at our Spa Recreation Center, where there will be separate locker rooms for everyone.

We are also very excited to share that our Welcome Center, Zimmies Restaurant and Mini Golf will be renovated at the same time. If by chance you will be returning to visit us, our team will share all the new and improved aesthetics during your Welcome Experience."

"We are very excited to share that our Welcome Center will be renovated soon. Our team is excited for the new and improved aesthetics, our elevated and personal service, plus other fabulous upgrades coming this Summer!"

For those travelling between August and the end of the year, these are a few things you might want to note :) .

Ok it's still a little early but need help deciding what to request. Check in is a Sunday with 2 br that sleeps 8. The boys are 11 and 3. Walking distance to pool and marketplace. Is the arcade close to marketplace? Thanks

Ok it's still a little early but need help deciding what to request. Check in is a Sunday with 2 br that sleeps 8. The boys are 11 and 3. Walking distance to pool and marketplace. Is the arcade close to marketplace? Thanks

Not sure that you really need to request anything. Based on your reservation, you can be in Palms, Springs, Cascades, Fountains (I or II) or Lakes. I would avoid Springs because the Sunday buildings front on SR535 (otherwise, Springs is a great section though; very peaceful!)

There are 3 arcade areas in the resort; Springs, Spas, and Fountains Activity Centres. If memory serves, Springs is probably the largest of the 3. Between these 3, your kids are never more than a couple of blocks away from one regardless of where you are staying in the resort.

Thanks for all of the great info! We booked through the hotel website, and will be staying from Mar 1-5. Two questions: Bankr63, do you have a higher resolution resort map (my google search for a map actually led me to yours)? Also, concerning Courts being used for Saturday check-ins (my case), does that in fact apply to bookings through the hotel website? We booked a 1BR/ full kitchen with possible upgrade based on availability. I'm curious as to where they'd likely put us.

Also, concerning Courts being used for Saturday check-ins (my case), does that in fact apply to bookings through the hotel website? We booked a 1BR/ full kitchen with possible upgrade based on availability. I'm curious as to where they'd likely put us.

1 bedroom villas are only located in the Cascades and Lakes sections. So unless you are upgraded to a 2 bedroom unit, you will be located in one of those two areas :thumbsup2 .

Thanks Gina! If we were upgraded, where might that be? I want to be ready to maybe decline the upgrade.

Thanks Gina! If we were upgraded, where might that be? I want to be ready to maybe decline the upgrade.

I honestly don't think you will want to decline any upgrade. Every building has been completely updated and renovated. I have stayed in both Cascades and Fountains, as well as one and two bedrooms, and I can assure you, you will not be disappointed. Enjoy your stay!

Following along...am considering this as an optional resort to hang out postDCL cruise to hang out with my cousin who lives near Orlando and his family. This is one of the resorts our timeshare allows. At the time if our vacation we will consist of DW, DH, DD (8), & DS (4). We are considering this resort for the pools and outdoor activities. We also are assuming it's not too far from downtown Disney. Will not be going to to the parks because spending too much on the cruise. TIA!

I honestly don't think you will want to decline any upgrade. Every building has been completely updated and renovated. I have stayed in both Cascades and Fountains, as well as one and two bedrooms, and I can assure you, you will not be disappointed. Enjoy your stay!

Totally agree with mrsap :thumbsup2 . The whole darn resort is awesome ::yes:: . *If* you get upgraded to a two bedroom unit. (which I wouldn't think happens very often), grab it and be thrilled because the space you'll be gaining will be fantastic (most two bedroom units are between 1000 and 1260 square feet). The pools and amenities are well spaced out, so no matter which section you are assigned to, you will have at least one (and perhaps several) pools nearby.

Following along...am considering this as an optional resort to hang out postDCL cruise to hang out with my cousin who lives near Orlando and his family. This is one of the resorts our timeshare allows. At the time if our vacation we will consist of DW, DH, DD (8), & DS (4). We are considering this resort for the pools and outdoor activities. We also are assuming it's not too far from downtown Disney. Will not be going to to the parks because spending too much on the cruise. TIA!

Its VERY close to Downtown Disney :thumbsup2 . And the outlet malls (both the Premium Outlets on Vineland and the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores), if you enjoy shopping.

Thanks for the response Mrsap! This stay, location within the resort is more important than extra space. I like the Cascades area.

Totally agree with mrsap :thumbsup2 . The whole darn resort is awesome ::yes:: . *If* you get upgraded to a two bedroom unit. (which I wouldn't think happens very often), grab it and be thrilled because the space you'll be gaining will be fantastic (most two bedroom units are between 1000 and 1260 square feet). The pools and amenities are well spaced out, so no matter which section you are assigned to, you will have at least one (and perhaps several) pools nearby.

Thanks Gina for the response! Bottom line, we WILL be very happy wherever we are! The resort looks incredibly awesome, and what you all post on here only reinforces that we made a great choice. Thanks again! We'll be there soon! :drive:

We have booked is hotel for next year. Usually we go to Marriot village in Vineland but for some reason it is not available through virgin from UK and so after a lot of thought we opted for this (this is the one just further around from Publix isn't it?

We selected this because we love the location of our usual hotel and we felt that the Vistana looked ideal too.

Am just curious reading some of the posts with regards to calls about timeshares and being expected to go to a timeshare demo.

We have booked through Virgin from UK with no mention of timeshare, will we still be bombarded with pressure about attending timeshare shows? We like to just holiday at our own pace and with our own plans we don't really want people hassling us.

My hubby is looking at booking for the year after and I've said hold on because I'm not sure about this place after reading a quite negative report in this - about the constant calls and then the maid service etc (I think when we booked it said no maid service you could order maid service locally if required) and also the timeshare pressure.
And I'm just bothered that on top of the new FP dilemma, that my family may decide to spread their wings and opt for universal end of town and disney will just get the odd visit. :scared1:
So, any info on this hotel much appreciated.

P.s. We have a 1 bedroom booked, it's me, my husband and my daughter, so do you know where we will stay? What it is like. Is there anywhere I can have a look, I have searched google maps but obviously I have no idea what is what. Thanks

Probably the easiest way to get the map now is directly from Sheraton. They have finally posted it online, although Sheraton is notorious for moving things around, so my apologies to future users if the link breaks.

Sheraton Vistana Resort Map

And Gina is correct about the unlikeliness of an upgrade from 1 to 2 bedroom. Vistana Resort is very good about moving people around the resort within their room class. I've not heard of anyone getting a full class upgrade however. Not sayin' it can't happen...

We have booked is hotel for next year. Usually we go to Marriot village in Vineland but for some reason it is not available through virgin from UK and so after a lot of thought we opted for this (this is the one just further around from Publix isn't it?

We selected this because we love the location of our usual hotel and we felt that the Vistana looked ideal too.

Am just curious reading some of the posts with regards to calls about timeshares and being expected to go to a timeshare demo.

We have booked through Virgin from UK with no mention of timeshare, will we still be bombarded with pressure about attending timeshare shows? We like to just holiday at our own pace and with our own plans we don't really want people hassling us.

My hubby is looking at booking for the year after and I've said hold on because I'm not sure about this place after reading a quite negative report in this - about the constant calls and then the maid service etc (I think when we booked it said no maid service you could order maid service locally if required) and also the timeshare pressure.
And I'm just bothered that on top of the new FP dilemma, that my family may decide to spread their wings and opt for universal end of town and disney will just get the odd visit. :scared1:
So, any info on this hotel much appreciated.

P.s. We have a 1 bedroom booked, it's me, my husband and my daughter, so do you know where we will stay? What it is like. Is there anywhere I can have a look, I have searched google maps but obviously I have no idea what is what. Thanks

If you are comparing to the Courtyard Marriott on Vineland, then you will be very happy with Vistana. Yes, it is only a couple of blocks away, and it is a much different property. The smallest 1BR at Vistana is probably comparable to the largest unit there. Vistana is also right next door to the larger Marriott property on World Centre Drive, those two would be comparable category.

If you are on a package from a reliable Travel Agent, then you are not obligated to attend anything.

The timeshare calls really aren't a bother. They are bound to ask at least once, and may leave a message or two on the phone (generally without ringing). Aside from one report here, I have never heard of Vistana being high pressure UNTIL you accept the offer for a presentation. Just say no, firmly and politely. Tell them you live in the UK and have no intention of travelling to the US regularly. Unplug the phone if you don't want the bother (but be aware that the resort also leaves messages about daily activities and events that can be helpful).

Daily Maid Service is available as an extra cost option. Many prefer not to; our family enjoys not having the disruption and the comfort of NOT having someone in our unit every day. Really do you clean your house every day?

One bedroom units are only in the newer Lakes and Cascades phases. Take a look at the resort map link just above to get the lay of the resort.

For any other information read along in the two threads here. Almost any question has been answered at one time or another.

If you are comparing to the Courtyard Marriott on Vineland, then you will be very happy with Vistana. Yes, it is only a couple of blocks away, and it is a much different property. The smallest 1BR at Vistana is probably comparable to the largest unit there. Vistana is also right next door to the larger Marriott property on World Centre Drive, those two would be comparable category.

If you are on a package from a reliable Travel Agent, then you are not obligated to attend anything.

The timeshare calls really aren't a bother. They are bound to ask at least once, and may leave a message or two on the phone (generally without ringing). Aside from one report here, I have never heard of Vistana being high pressure UNTIL you accept the offer for a presentation. Just so no, firmly and politely. Tell them you live in the UK and have no intention of travelling to the US regularly.

Daily Maid Service is available as an extra cost option. Many prefer not to; our family enjoys not having the disruption and the comfort of NOT having someone in our unit every day. Really do you clean your house every day?

One bedroom units are only in the newer Lakes and Cascades phases. Take a look at the resort map link just above to get the lay of the resort.

Thanks for the info...I've looked at that map but struggling to make head nor tail comparing to google map :rotfl: is it upside down when looking at this map compared to googlemap? When I google along the top of the screen, like I am stood looking out of the hotel is international drive, if I walk left I would end up round to Publix and the premium outlets, right takes me up international drive to seaworld.
So this map, is that the road that's along the bottom saying walt disney world re sport and. I-4?

As for the cleaning service, no I'm not bothered, tbh yes it's nice to get into a freshly made bed, but sometimes I don't like the disruption and sometimes feeling we need to get out so maid service can come. We may opt for once during the break and may just ask for fresh towels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter