The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

wow a picture of the Monorail running? That's a keeper! LOL After seeing the rescue that took place a couple of years ago from the Monorail track, I tend to avoid them now. Since we discovered the buses, if we are not driving we are riding the bus. It was really a nice way to get around.

wow a picture of the Monorail running? That's a keeper! LOL After seeing the rescue that took place a couple of years ago from the Monorail track, I tend to avoid them now. Since we discovered the buses, if we are not driving we are riding the bus. It was really a nice way to get around.

We usually take the monorail back from EPCOT at least once during our trips. Yes they need a serious upgrading, but I am afraid if this gondola thing works, they will kill the monorail completely. Would really like to see them update the monorail and keep it running.

One of the last visits we had down to WDW, a transportation CM stated Disney was having more issues with the Monorail as it gets older. The main problem is it is nearly impossible to perform a major overhaul due to parts sourcing. I guess it has to do with the manufacturer is no longer in business or no longer handles the parts. While waiting at a park for people to load, a bus driver once told me if a bus goes out of service it's no problem. Disney has spares in the system. A back up bus gets put into the service. Need extra service capacity no problem. You can call in drivers and more buses can be pressed into service. With the Monorail my assumption is not so much. What is there? 3 maybe 4 trains total.

As for the gondolas, I don't know. Nifty idea. I don't know if I want to be 100 feet in the air if they stop working. It's not like they can pull another one and everyone can load up into that one and continue on. Quite frankly there really is a bevy of transportation options when it comes to WDW. Boats, Buses, Monorails, Gondolas, people movers, trucks, minivans, and even trains inside the park itself. It's pretty interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!