The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

How did I not know you are getting a new car? I love the Escapes!

I didn't know we were looking at getting a new car until we were sitting at the vet last Thursday and she told me that she was texting with the Internet sales guy at the Ford Dealership! :lmao:

Ciute cute pics with Mickey.

I like cereal for dessert too. Lucky Charms are my favorite with whole milk.

We always have whole milk now. That's the first time I'd done that in a long time.

See ya Christmas Day. At 11 or 10:30 or 10. :lmao:

:thumbsup2

Oh no! Is there more scooter trouble in your future?

Happy Christmas to you as well!

Well, the title of the TR should give you some insight into the first question. :rolleyes1

I hope that had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

The real life updates sound really promising. I hope everything falls into place for you.

Thanks. Hopefully soon after the new year the last apartment will rent. No one moves over Christmas.

I have read a lot recently that Mickey was not talking. Fortunately he always talked when I was there.

It was a slight disappointment but it didn't ruin the day.

Oh no about Fran getting lost and her scooter playing up. I am glad that you managed to fix it and got back to the bus.

That was probably the scariest moment of the trip.

I wish Fran and you a magical Christmas.

Thank you and I hope you enjoyed your holiday. Have a Happy New Year!

I think you are being very ominous with what is going to end up happening with your scooter. That is no fun!

That's half the fun of the TR! :laughing:

Sorry Mickey didn't talk! We haven't visited him yet at Magic Kingdom (we've barely done MK the last few trips!).

We really don't do much at MK either. Epoch is by far my favorite park.

Glad your meal was nice at San Angel!

I've never had a bad meal there!

We should probably think about getting everyone on the same email chain.
I thought Liesa was with us on Thursday and Friday was a girl's night out.

Yeah.... We, should probably all be on the same email.

Taken care of! :teeth:

Ah! Well, there you go. I think it was about 5lbs, so $75 doesn't sound so far off now.

We are just cheap, and don't want to spend that kind of money when we can stock up at this time of year. That reminds me. I have half a dozen roasts that I need to vacuum seal and put in the freezer.

Oh, good!
If you hadn't posted this, you were about to get an email asking what was going on. :)

Yeah, well no one wants to move over Christmas and New Years, so I'm hoping it rents in early January.

Great news! I'm sure you are very relieved.

Actually, I'll be relieved when we have no vacancies!

Umm.... I'm not sure. I'm going to go with a very firm "maybe?"

Were you around when we had to redo our pool due to leaks? That's when we were considering buying a Chrysler Mini Van, but the pool and spa remodel cost the equivalent of paying up front for a new car so it went on the back burner. Fran doesn't believe in paying interest (except on mortgages, which is now no longer deductible :headache:) so we've always bought our vehicles on cash, not financed. She's willing to finance with 0% interest.

Nice! Good luck!

Thanks! Fran sent out a bunch of emails inquiring and now she's feeling under the weather and isn't answering their phone calls! :laughing:

That was my next question.
You'd mentioned on my TR that you were at the vet.
I was going to ask if everything was okay.
Looks like it is. :)

That visit was the final "routine" visit for the kittens. You see before we left on this trip we signed them up for the "kitten plan". It's around $350 and it includes all their shots, deworming, a dose of flea medication, a bag of food, and their Sapy/neuter. They have been going every three weeks, and each time they get certain vaccines, a check up, etc. Now they have all their shots and in January they go in for their pre-op appt.

Merry Christmas Alison (and Fran! Say Merry Christmas to Fran too! and Kay specifically said to wish you a Merry Christmas.)

How sweet. Tell her thank you and Happy New Year to you and your family!

At one of the specialties at work they have a Festivus pole. :laughing:

I'm not sure exactly what you meant by this, but it's funny they have a Festivus pole!

I'll read the update later, just came on to wish you a Merry Christmas!
I'll probably catch up tomorrow. :)

I'm a little late to say Merry Christmas, but I see you made it back to read the update! Be back to reply.

I've never seen him. That's in the first building to the right as you enter the park, isn't it?

Yep, it's that first building and you can meet Mickey or Tinkerbell.

That's cool. Love that touch.

The room was very cute as was the other details leading up to the meet and greet room.

Awwwww.... :)

:goodvibes

Uh, huh.

I want my money back!

I know. Really.

well... okay.

It was mainly a FP+ that Fran would enjoy which was why I picked it.

Sweet. Maybe next time, Fran can come with me. ;)

And this was the one that I would enjoy!

Second last row. Beside the woman with the camera.
:eek: Zombies ride rides?

:lmao: I didn't even see her until you pointed her out! :laughing:

:laughing: No! Alison! Over here!
(I have no idea where it is either.)

And clearly I didn't either! :laughing:

::yes::
I love caramel (and candy) apples.

Why unfortunate, though?

Because I had not idea that I liked them. I've already had one at DL when we "needed" a snack. Now that I know how good they are, I will be getting more of them in the future, and they're probably not as good for you as I'm hoping!

What???? What kind of TR writer are you! :rolleyes:

One who never gets the VIP bus package. :sad2:

Didn't even make it to the bed, huh?

Of course she did. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get her up off the floor!

Which is better than an indefinite drizzle.

Since that is pretty much what rain in Southern California consist of.

Not bad at all! so.... zero wait (or close enough)

Pretty much. I went through the line and they were looking for single riders so they took me immediately! :thumbsup2

:( Poor Fran. That doesn't sound like fun.

Hmm... could both reasons be accurate?
But I suspect usage is the main culprit.

Stay tuned. There is an alternate theory.....

Now that's more like it!

And it's not the norm for us, as you will see...

Oh, oh. Foreshadowing?

Maybe. :rolleyes1

That's not dessert!!! Unless you ate it with ice cream. :)

I didn't say it was dessert...I just felt like I wanted something sweet, but the cookies and caramel we had in the room sounded like a bit much, cereal seemed perfect not to shoot my blood sugar up tremedously but still give me a little boost.

I've never seen him. That's in the first building to the right as you enter the park, isn't it?

That's cool. Love that touch.

The room was very cute as was the other details leading up to the meet and greet room.

Awwwww.... :)

:goodvibes

Uh, huh.

I want my money back!

I know. Really.

well... okay.

Sweet. Maybe next time, Fran can come with me. ;)

Second last row. Beside the woman with the camera.
:eek: Zombies ride rides?

:lmao: I didn't even see her until you pointed her out! :laughing:

:laughing: No! Alison! Over here!
(I have no idea where it is either.)

And clearly I didn't either! :laughing:

I love caramel (and candy) apples.

Why unfortunate, though?

Because I had not idea that I liked them. I've already had one at DL when we "needed" a snack. Now that I know how good they are, I will be getting more of them in the future, and they're probably not as good for you as I'm hoping!

What???? What kind of TR writer are you! :rolleyes:

Didn't even make it to the bed, huh?

Of course she did. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get her up off the floor!

Which is better than an indefinite drizzle.

Not bad at all! so.... zero wait (or close enough)

Pretty much. I went through the line and they were looking for single riders so they took me immediately! :thumbsup2

:( Poor Fran. That doesn't sound like fun.

Hmm... could both reasons be accurate?
But I suspect usage is the main culprit.

Now that's more like it!

And it's not the norm for us, as you will see...

Oh, oh. Foreshadowing?

Maybe. :rolleyes1

That's not dessert!!! Unless you ate it with ice cream. :)

I didn't say it was dessert...I just felt like I wanted something sweet, but the cookies and caramel we had in the room sounded like a bit much, cereal seemed perfect not to shoot my blood sugar up tremedously but still give me a little boost.

Talk about Fran's scooter sounds very omnious....I get the feeling this isn't the last we'll hear of the scooter. (That and the TR title probably gave it away - dang spoilers!)

I love the two ladies a few rows behind you in the first 7DMT picture - the one with the go-pro - they look like they are on a MUCH wilder ride than you. :rotfl2:

Taken care of! :teeth:

I'll look for it! :)

We are just cheap, and don't want to spend that kind of money when we can stock up at this time of year. That reminds me. I have half a dozen roasts that I need to vacuum seal and put in the freezer.

You don't have to be "cheap" to balk at those prices.

Yeah, well no one wants to move over Christmas and New Years, so I'm hoping it rents in early January.

Yep. Totally get that.

Actually, I'll be relieved when we have no vacancies!

I bet!

Were you around when we had to redo our pool due to leaks?

That's when we were considering buying a Chrysler Mini Van, but the pool and spa remodel cost the equivalent of paying up front for a new car so it went on the back burner. Fran doesn't believe in paying interest (except on mortgages, which is now no longer deductible :headache:) so we've always bought our vehicles on cash, not financed. She's willing to finance with 0% interest.

Smart. I'd do that too... but then I get greedy and want it now!

Thanks! Fran sent out a bunch of emails inquiring and now she's feeling under the weather and isn't answering their phone calls! :laughing:

:laughing: But.... awww... sorry to hear Fran isn't feeling to good. Tell her I hope she starts feeling better soon.

How sweet. Tell her thank you and Happy New Year to you and your family!

I will!

I'm not sure exactly what you meant by this, but it's funny they have a Festivus pole!

Our area that we control is pretty big. Think... oh, draw a line down from the Montana/North Dakota border straight down to Mexico. The area west to the Pacific is roughly the size of it.
That area is divided geographically as well as vertically into "specialties", each specialty is further divided into sectors.

Got it. I've met Tinkerbell, so know where it is.

And then you didn't even get talking Mickey.

Oh, they're really good..... er.... for you... Sure.

:rolleyes1

Just let her lay.

Good! I don't need to worry about watching my race in the rain.

Nice!

Standing by! :)

Hmmm, seems there's not one but 2 updates to catch up on. I'll get there, Alison. Promise. Time is a bit scarce right now with a houseful of guests (25) and travel to see my new grandbaby. But... soon.

That’s great news about the apartments!

Fabulous that the kitties are doing well :)

I have yet to meet talking Mickey, must do that one of these days.

Glad you were able to get your dress.

No fun to get lost in the dark, and rain. That darn scooter!

Talk about Fran's scooter sounds very omnious....I get the feeling this isn't the last we'll hear of the scooter. (That and the TR title probably gave it away - dang spoilers!)

Ya think we're done with this? :rolleyes1

I love the two ladies a few rows behind you in the first 7DMT picture - the one with the go-pro - they look like they are on a MUCH wilder ride than you. :rotfl2:

I didn't notice until another person pointed them out, very funny! :laughing:

I'll look for it! :)

:rolleyes1

You don't have to be "cheap" to balk at those prices.

But it doesn't hurt. Four wrapped up, two to go.

Yep. Totally get that.

But I do have an appointment to show the place today! :hyper:

Smart. I'd do that too... but then I get greedy and want it now!

She's so sick, I can't even get her to stay awake to watch TV, much less go out and haggle for a car.

:laughing: But.... awww... sorry to hear Fran isn't feeling to good. Tell her I hope she starts feeling better soon.

I hope she starts feeling better soon. Not only is she cranky, but the way she is wheezing and coughing is a little scary.

Our area that we control is pretty big. Think... oh, draw a line down from the Montana/North Dakota border straight down to Mexico. The area west to the Pacific is roughly the size of it.
That area is divided geographically as well as vertically into "specialties", each specialty is further divided into sectors.

Wow! So you even control areas in the USA?

Got it. I've met Tinkerbell, so know where it is.

Oh yeah, I remember that TR.

And then you didn't even get talking Mickey.

It was kind of a bummer.

Oh, they're really good..... er.... for you... Sure.

Well they say, "An apple a day...."

Just let her lay.

Nah, eventually I have to get her up off the ground or it won't be pretty.

Good! I don't need to worry about watching my race in the rain.

More than likely, no you will not need to worry about watching the race in the rain. More likely you will need a hat and sunglasses, possibly a sun shade. I assume you are in the uncovered bleachers.

Standing by! :)

Just a few more updates.....

Hmmm, seems there's not one but 2 updates to catch up on. I'll get there, Alison. Promise. Time is a bit scarce right now with a houseful of guests (25) and travel to see my new grandbaby. But... soon.

I don't even think I know 25 people that I would invite to my house much less let them stay there! Sounds rather crazy! I see you have an update for me as well!

That’s great news about the apartments!

Just one more to go!

Fabulous that the kitties are doing well :)

Yes they are, but they are a pain in the a**

I have yet to meet talking Mickey, must do that one of these days.

Whether or not he's talking seems to be a crap shoot!

Glad you were able to get your dress.

Yes, but I only had one chance to wear it this year. :sad2:

No fun to get lost in the dark, and rain. That darn scooter!

:sad2:

But it doesn't hurt. Four wrapped up, two to go.

You go, girl!

But I do have an appointment to show the place today! :hyper:

That's great!!!

She's so sick, I can't even get her to stay awake to watch TV, much less go out and haggle for a car.

:(
Oh, dear. That doesn't sound so good. Have you taken her to see a doctor yet?

I hope she starts feeling better soon. Not only is she cranky, but the way she is wheezing and coughing is a little scary.

That does not sound good. :hug:

Wow! So you even control areas in the USA?

No. That was just to give you a size example.
Our area is all of Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario to a point about a little East of Thunder Bay as well as most of Hudson Bay. Up to 29,000 ft. Above that we have the same area East to West, but only Ontario, southern Manitoba and about half of Saskatchewan.

Well they say, "An apple a day...."

So it's totally okay, then.

Nah, eventually I have to get her up off the ground or it won't be pretty.

:hug:

More than likely, no you will not need to worry about watching the race in the rain. More likely you will need a hat and sunglasses, possibly a sun shade. I assume you are in the uncovered bleachers.

I'm not even sure which way it faces... I think... East.

I saved yours and pkondz's updates for last to hopefully do on the plane tomorrow. :) But, I wanted to comment here so I don't lose them.

Well, we're doing dinner after you get settled in your hotel.

I'm thinking I am free that evening. My family says they have to work so Thursday won't work for them. :)

I like the Crab Pot!

We've talked about this before and it sounds FUN!!

By who? That night it might be just me, you and Fran. I think Liesa wants to spend some time with her family locally. I know we are talking about Friday night dinner in Anaheim, but I believe it's just the three of us Thursday.

See above...

I'd love to join in! :)

:(
Oh, dear. That doesn't sound so good. Have you taken her to see a doctor yet?

I don't have to take her to the doctor. I sent the doctor an email with all her symptoms and she called in a prescription for an inhaler. Then she also recommended some OTC meds for us both. Fran is feeling much bbetter today.

That does not sound good. :hug:

No, it wasn't, but like I said she's much better today!

No. That was just to give you a size example.
Our area is all of Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario to a point about a little East of Thunder Bay as well as most of Hudson Bay. Up to 29,000 ft. Above that we have the same area East to West, but only Ontario, southern Manitoba and about half of Saskatchewan.

You could have said that in the first place. I know where those are. But you mean 29,000 ft UP, right? So at 30,000 ft you have a smaller area?

So it's totally okay, then.

Yes, in fact I need one!

I'm not even sure which way it faces... I think... East.

Actually I looked up the map of the track and most of the bleachers face North or South. The covered ones appear to face south, but there are some on the curve of the road that face East or west. I was going to post the map, but can't when DISing from the phone. Again...at the vet.

I saved yours and pkondz's updates for last to hopefully do on the plane tomorrow. :) But, I wanted to comment here so I don't lose them.

I realize that you're busy being a grandma, but I'm getting an itchy update finger...especially since this one was written weeks ago!

I'm thinking I am free that evening. My family says they have to work so Thursday won't work for them. :)

I was going to say, well are you interested in putting on a bib, cracking shellfish with a hammer, and eating with your hands?

We've talked about this before and it sounds FUN!!

Well that answers that question!

See above...

I'd love to join in! :)

With the four of us, we could probably order two of their "feasts". The one we like has shrimp, clams, mussels, crab, potatoes, and corn cobbettes. Add in a salad to split and we might possibly have room for some dessert. Unlikely though, they bring yummy sourdough bread to the table. I think this sounds like a plan for Thursday night! :thumbsup2

ETA: I forgot about the andouille sausage!

Last edited:
I don't have to take her to the doctor. I sent the doctor an email with all her symptoms and she called in a prescription for an inhaler. Then she also recommended some OTC meds for us both. Fran is feeling much bbetter today.

Oh, good!! :)

You could have said that in the first place. I know where those are.

:sad2: Sorry. I usually try to use US geography as a reference as a lot of my readers aren't familiar with Canada and I don't like making them pull up a map all the time.

But you mean 29,000 ft UP, right? So at 30,000 ft you have a smaller area?

Correct.

Actually I looked up the map of the track and most of the bleachers face North or South. The covered ones appear to face south, but there are some on the curve of the road that face East or west. I was going to post the map, but can't when DISing from the phone. Again...at the vet.

I think I'm in 36 or 40... so face North.

With the four of us, we could probably order two of their "feasts". The one we like has shrimp, clams, mussels, crab, potatoes, and corn cobbettes. Add in a salad to split and we might possibly have room for some dessert. Unlikely though, they bring yummy sourdough bread to the table. I think this sounds like a plan for Thursday night! :thumbsup2

Yum! I'm for that!

:sad2: Sorry. I usually try to use US geography as a reference as a lot of my readers aren't familiar with Canada and I don't like making them pull up a map all the time.

I was a Canadian rep when I had a day job. I got to go to all the fun places in Canada except MB and SK.

I think I'm in 36 or 40... so face North.

Those are on the aquarium side of the track. I'm guessing you'll enter via the yellow ticket gate, which is likely the same distance you walked from the Annabella to DL.

Yum! I'm for that!

And I just edited it to add that I forgot the andouille sausage thats in there too!

I was a Canadian rep when I had a day job. I got to go to all the fun places in Canada except MB and SK.

Well.... that's actually fairly accurate.
All the fun places are not in SK and MB. :laughing:

Those are on the aquarium side of the track. I'm guessing you'll enter via the yellow ticket gate, which is likely the same distance you walked from the Annabella to DL.

Okay, that's not far. I'm not too concerned. At least I don't have to fight traffic every day. :)

And I just edited it to add that I forgot the andouille sausage thats in there too!

Even better!

Well.... that's actually fairly accurate.
All the fun places are not in SK and MB. :laughing:

I wouldn't know they sent the other Canadian Rep to those provinces.

Okay, that's not far. I'm not too concerned. At least I don't have to fight traffic every day. :)

It may be a tad bit farther and there is a hill involved, but you'll be very happy about not having to fight the traffic every day.

Even better!

This is what @jedijill and I had when we were there, it will be pretty much four years before the day when we are planning to eat there.

q14LB04CP.jpg
q14LB04CP.jpg [IMG]

Yum! That looks good!

Sure is! And I think four of us could eat that much and be totally full. I took home so many leftovers and Fran and I ate off them for days. With bread and maybe a Caesar salad, we'd be pretty full. None of us are contenders in any eating contests so there is plenty of food on that table for all of us, and if we are hungry still I believe that they have some awesome desserts!

Sure is! And I think four of us could eat that much and be totally full. I took home so many leftovers and Fran and I ate off them for days. With bread and maybe a Caesar salad, we'd be pretty full. None of us are contenders in any eating contests so there is plenty of food on that table for all of us, and if we are hungry still I believe that they have some awesome desserts!
You can stop trying to convince me! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter