The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, just because I came back from vacation, and am a bit....twitchy?
One insider at WDWMagic.com states he confirms that Disney HAS and IS considering Wakanda as a possible Pavilion at Epcot - this was Visionary Soul - who has been fairly accurate in the past - this would be post Brazil.

Now, my issues are this - Wakanda is Black Panther home and WDW cannot touch Black Panther due to Universal owning the IP. So please take this as a grain of salt.

That being said....I also wonder if you are doing Wakanda - why WS and not FW next to GotG?!?!?!

One insider at WDWMagic.com states he confirms that Disney HAS and IS considering Wakanda as a possible Pavilion at Epcot - this was Visionary Soul - who has been fairly accurate in the past - this would be post Brazil.

Now, my issues are this - Wakanda is Black Panther home and WDW cannot touch Black Panther due to Universal owning the IP. So please take this as a grain of salt.

That being said....I also wonder if you are doing Wakanda - why WS and not FW next to GotG?!?!?!

that would be really intriguing and interesting to open up World Showcase to not real places .... when, to me at least, the idea behind WS is to showcase different cultures, teach you a bit about them (in an entertaining way) and have that spark curiosity to visit those places in real life

To the licensing part, I guess they could do it sort of like Galaxy's Edge where you are exploring something set in the universe, but not a retelling of an exisitng story ... so could do it without the characters - but seems really odd to me

that would be really intriguing and interesting to open up World Showcase to not real places .... when, to me at least, the idea behind WS is to showcase different cultures, teach you a bit about them (in an entertaining way) and have that spark curiosity to visit those places in real life

To the licensing part, I guess they could do it sort of like Galaxy's Edge where you are exploring something set in the universe, but not a retelling of an exisitng story ... so could do it without the characters - but seems really odd to me
Have they not already stretched WS in reality by putting Frozenstorm in Norway?

That's just bizarre. Are they aware it's not a real place? ;)

Why not do Africa and have a Wakanda section/ride ala Frozen?

Do not like this idea at all.

Have they not already stretched WS in reality by putting Frozenstorm in Norway?

yeah, though that is supposed to be there Summerhaus which is located in actual Norway, but I agree. I still think Frozen in general makes people want to explore Norway and the Nordic countries more (you see that with the Disney Cruise Line itineraries that go to those locations). Unless they push that Wakanda makes people want to explore central Africa more, but that is pretty broad

I would LOVE to see Wakanda in the parks, but the World Showcase is not at all where it belongs. Future World could work, since they're so technologically advanced.

That could be an interesting setup - and bring some more nature/greenery/etc to Futureworld - to have that type of setting but with tons of technology in the area

Reportedly there are some issues within Disney internally with SWGE and Smugglers Run. Disney is looking to possibly make some changes with the attraction in terms of the mission. It was reported early on that there would be multiple missions for the attraction. We have yet to see that of course though.

Reportedly there are some issues within Disney internally with SWGE and Smugglers Run. Disney is looking to possibly make some changes with the attraction in terms of the mission. It was reported early on that there would be multiple missions for the attraction. We have yet to see that of course though.

issues with how it is operating or with guest satisfaction with it? I do think if there were multiple missions it would drastically increase the re-ridability

It would be something if Florida ends up being a Hagrids level **** show with how smoothe California was

After having ridden it, I’d welcome some changes. And I’m a lifelong SW fan who could not have been looking forward to this land more.

Not so sure having ridden it twice.

well, I would take your opinion over mine as I haven't been there - just thinking if RotR was open and truly wowing people, expectations for the 2nd/lower tier ride would be a bit lower and the complaints would likely be quieter at least .... but maybe I underestimate things

well, I would take your opinion over mine as I haven't been there - just thinking if RotR was open and truly wowing people, expectations for the 2nd/lower tier ride would be a bit lower and the complaints would likely be quieter at least .... but maybe I underestimate things
Just totally my opinion, but I think it needs some changes.

Just totally my opinion, but I think it needs some changes.

oh, I am not disputing that at all! more that Disney might not be as sensitive to it or feel the same sense of urgency to update it if RotR was open and getting rave reviews and getting more of the attention is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter