The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I have heard and seen, the following are still to happen,
rat - greenlit and started
UK Ride - green lit but not confirmed nor IP verified.
Brazil - not green lit - but Martin and a few others still expect it to go
Coco - not green lit- but darn close

FW -
GotG - greenlit and started
Space restaurant - green lit
Seas - some changes but not green lit
Land - some changes but not green lit
SSE - as seen above by MagicFeather - some changes not green lit
Update to Communicor and main path - not green lit I don't believe
Yep that lines up with what I have.

Obviously politically it would be tough to do Russia now but it would make for a fascinating pavilion - and a version of the Kremlin (well, St Basil's cathedral to be more specific) could be really cool ... and to play off the "cool" pun it could be set up as always winter there with snow and one of those Ice bars and stuff

The history, architecture, and food would be super cool. It could be more "set" during the time of the Czar's to mitigate the political issues. A remake of the Amber room and then St. Basil would be awesome and they could be connected by the Volga or something.

Anyway, enough wishing for today:)

As far as I have heard and seen, the following are still to happen,
rat - greenlit and started
UK Ride - green lit but not confirmed nor IP verified.
Brazil - not green lit - but Martin and a few others still expect it to go
Coco - not green lit- but darn close

FW -
GotG - greenlit and started
Space restaurant - green lit
Seas - some changes but not green lit
Land - some changes but not green lit
SSE - as seen above by MagicFeather - some changes not green lit
Update to Communicor and main path - not green lit I don't believe

Any idea if the Coco update would be a simple overlay or more of a large redo (like Frozen Ever After)? Now having seen the movie and I am more excited about the prospects of a ride based on it but I think the current ride would need more than a quick overlay to do the film and the setting and the visuals justice

They did...and they built Beast's castle. Not the best work at WDW, IMO. Those mountains though blew me away!

ETA: I haven't seen floating mountains IRL so maybe that's why they're so cool, since they only exist at AK:) Not like I can compare them to real life.

having seen the floating mountains they are way more impressive than either the Eiffel Tower or Beast's Castle ... I suspect if they did Christ the Redeemer it would be more like the later though (hopefully a bit better as they, hopefully, learn from each construction project on how to make the next better)

Thanks for the update @rteetz! I still think a brazilian steakhouse would print money for WDW. Everyone is familiar with the concept and folks like to eat far too much on vacation. Seems like a no-brainer. My question about a Brazil pavilion is more about what architecture would they use? I think the Christ the Redeemer statue would be a difficult icon...but I'd flipping love to see a new country; don't care which one, but man, Russia would be fantastic...vodka tasting, a fine dining restaurant, the Kremlin...

A Brazilian steakhouse and caipirinha bar would be a dream come true, though given how every bar at Disney has felt the need to warn us when we order drinks with cachaça maybe that wouldn't have a big enough market.

Any idea if the Coco update would be a simple overlay or more of a large redo (like Frozen Ever After)? Now having seen the movie and I am more excited about the prospects of a ride based on it but I think the current ride would need more than a quick overlay to do the film and the setting and the visuals justice
In the middle? It wouldn’t be a major overhaul really but would be a little bit more than an overlay. That’s what I got out of what’s been said at least.

having seen the floating mountains they are way more impressive than either the Eiffel Tower or Beast's Castle ... I suspect if they did Christ the Redeemer it would be more like the later though (hopefully a bit better as they, hopefully, learn from each construction project on how to make the next better)

Good point. I was really impressed with the mountains. I thought they were really well done.

I could talk cool world showcase pavilions all day. I'd be thrilled with pretty much any of them. India with great Indian and the Taj Mahal? Egypt and prymiads (we know they can do that well)? Spain? Peru? Australia...they could do a qs like bengal BBQ in dl. I feel like Africa is underrepresented but they have a whole land in the ak and akl. I love the possibilities!

In the middle? It wouldn’t be a major overhaul really but would be a little bit more than an overlay. That’s what I got out of what’s been said at least.
Pretty much agree here, it will be long refurb, supposedly closing sometime next year and not opening until 2020 at best. that is a long time just for overlay.

Edit to fix, looking to close in 2019, not 2018

Pretty much agree here, it will be long refurb, supposedly closing sometime next year and not opening until 2020 at best. that is a long time just for overlay.

Edit to fix, looking to close in 2019, not 2018

Ok, thanks - that is good to see. I think something that gets enough time, money, attention, etc. could make for a really cool ride ... I am picturing drifting in a boat through the land of dead as envisioned in the film as being pretty breathtaking

Ok, thanks - that is good to see. I think something that gets enough time, money, attention, etc. could make for a really cool ride ... I am picturing drifting in a boat through the land of dead as envisioned in the film as being pretty breathtaking

I haven't seen the movie (and probably won't until it comes out to video/streaming) but even without seeing it, that sounds really cool. It's a cute right now, in a weird retro way. That space definitely has the potential to be more!

I haven't seen the movie (and probably won't until it comes out to video/streaming) but even without seeing it, that sounds really cool. It's a cute right now, in a weird retro way. That space definitely has the potential to be more!

I actually like the ride that is there and I think it is a good way of incorporating an IP (in this case, the 3 Caballeros/Donal Duck) but still informing the guest about a country and the culture (at least a bit) ... and I think that can be done as well with Coco (and potentially to a greater degree) and not just a dark ride that tells the plot line of a movie

I actually like the ride that is there and I think it is a good way of incorporating an IP (in this case, the 3 Caballeros/Donal Duck) but still informing the guest about a country and the culture (at least a bit) ... and I think that can be done as well with Coco (and potentially to a greater degree) and not just a dark ride that tells the plot line of a movie

I like El River del Tiempo:) Like FEA, I'm open to an update; I just hope it isn't terrible like FEA. *goes to mourn Maelstrom again*

I actually don't mind FAE - it's just in the wrong spot. The animatronics in it (when working) are pretty darn cool

The aa are cool. I've seen it fully functional. I think Maelstrom was such a quirky, unique ride that it should have been held sacrosanct. I'm all for change, but I thought it was perfect. Like I don't want my beloved IASW more than tweaked with either. After it was a done deal, I made myself have an open mind...I just thought the story was lacking and basically that it was poopy. For a kid's movie, I even liked Frozen, so that was a just a fail for me on several levels. But I can use that FP for Soarin' or TT, so I'm cool.

Coco looks like a cute, unique, more expansive movie than others in the Pixar wheelhouse, so I hope that the changes to El River Tiempo will be good ones. Seems like they'll have good source work to draw from. I'd almost be interested in seeing it *grumble, grumble, stupid Lasseter.*

Coco looks like a cute, unique, more expansive movie than others in the Pixar wheelhouse

I'd also say it is the least "Kids movie" of all the Pixar films - at least since Up. I know a lot of people that have seen it don't see it as a kids film at all and many aren't taking their kids (I think it works on many levels so most kids can enjoy it as well - though obviously "death" is a central theme so some kids could have trouble dealing with that)

WDW News Today posted an article today regarding the rumored hotel at the entrance of EPCOT. They said a new proposed site is directly at the entrance and guests would pass through to get to the park. I have hopes that this would add a little more to Walt's vision of EPCOT if it has the right look.
According to several sources there are like four different hotel plans for Epcot. It is just a matter of which one happens if any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!