The Proof is in the Booking

EM Lawrence

DIS Veteran
I just go ahold of my resale Poly points yesterday, and I’ve already booked three trips between now and May. (I had double points to use up this UY.) After dithering about where I really want to own, I’d say it became pretty clear to me when I went to book those trips. Turns out for all the agonizing I did over all of the potential home resorts, and all of their pros and cons, where I really want to stay is BWV. I booked it for 2 of the 3 trips, and the third is booked at my home resort of Poly mainly to please DH who always wants to stay there. The Poly points were always for DH’s benefit, and that made sense for our first contract since DH was the more reluctant buyer between the two of us.

Spreadsheets and financial strategies be damned. The heart wants what the heart wants.

I guess I know where my next purchase will be! :rotfl2:

Spreadsheets and financial strategies be damned. The heart wants what the heart wants.
Assuming you can afford DVC to begin with, I heartily agree, LOL.

Any feelings from getting the "best deal", are soon forgotten when you are wishing you were staying somewhere else!

Obviously I'm bised since BWV is one of my home resorts, but I agree. I always find myself needing to stay there at least part of every trip (we like to do a Epcot/MK resort split stay). It wasn't the best deal according to the numbers, but I'm always so glad to have BWV as a home resort when I go to book pre-7 months!

Except 2020 is not common and these are not normal 7 month windows.

Take it as you wish.
The booking window is definitely not normal right now, otherwise I would not have been able to make those reservations at BWV so late in the game. Is that what your point was? I actually could have stayed almost anywhere for two of the trips, but I just wanted BWV. :)

The booking window is definitely not normal right now, otherwise I would not have been able to make those reservations at BWV so late in the game. Is that what your point was? I actually could have stayed almost anywhere for two of the trips, but I just wanted BWV. :)

Yeah even now, when I have the choice of almost every resort, I'm still picking BWV!

Its why I own what I do and so many points to use asSAP. Allows me to book 1 bedrooms if I cant get studios.

VGF is my favorite but BLT is pretty close and a favorite of my family so we bought there most recently.

I am glad you got what you did for these trips!

Darn straight. We would be perfectly fine staying at SSR. We had initially thought of buying there but then we got to try out the Skyline and fell in love with it and the Epcot area. And that, as they say, was all she wrote. We are buying RR this spring, almost certainly direct. I don't have anything against resale but the prices haven't really dropped enough to make the lack of perks and hassle worth it but that may change between now and then.

Darn straight. We would be perfectly fine staying at SSR. We had initially thought of buying there but then we got to try out the Skyline and fell in love with it and the Epcot area. And that, as they say, was all she wrote. We are buying RR this spring, almost certainly direct. I don't have anything against resale but the prices haven't really dropped enough to make the lack of perks and hassle worth it but that may change between now and then.
I feel the same way. Was totally wanting to buy resale to save money but prices have actually been increasing on the resort I want so now I’m pretty much at the point I’d rather just buy RIV for the perks and so I can stay at that, and all future resorts. Even though my brain is saying “NOOO”.

I feel the same way. Was totally wanting to buy resale to save money but prices have actually been increasing on the resort I want so now I’m pretty much at the point I’d rather just buy RIV for the perks and so I can stay at that, and all future resorts. Even though my brain is saying “NOOO”.

I did see a resale RIV contract reported on one of the threads here at $120 a point. That is getting to the point where I would consider resale. Not quite there yet though.

I did see a resale RIV contract reported on one of the threads here at $120 a point. That is getting to the point where I would consider resale. Not quite there yet though.
150pt loaded contract for $110 earlier in this month

Last edited:
Availability is crazy right now. I would have never been able to get bcv and bwv for oct at 2 weeks out. It’s crazy but I’ll take it for now. It’s letting me use banked points and taking a different trip. I do believe in buy where you want to stay bc eventually availability is going to go back to being home resort priority when things open up again

150pt loaded contract for $110 earlier in this month

If it is the site I am thinking someone else brought it up and the owner of that company outlined they had multiple offers and were actually doing best and finals. So I suspect it sold for over $110 how much over who knows.

As an example you could get an instant sale for like $116/point on that contract through www.dvcresalemarket.com and that's without having to list it or worry about the buyer backing out.

As an example you could get an instant sale for like $116/point on that contract through www.dvcresalemarket.com and that's without having to list it or worry about the buyer backing out.

But instant sale sellers also pay for closing costs, annual dues on used 2020 points, commission (8.5%), and estoppel & rofr fees. IMO, that's a lot extra just to get a quick check! YMMV.

But instant sale sellers also pay for closing costs, annual dues on used 2020 points, commission (8.5%), and estoppel & rofr fees. IMO, that's a lot extra just to get a quick check! YMMV.

Thats fine I am just saying $116 is a price point floor at the moment and none of those are different than what you do in a normal sale. The MFs are hit or missing likely though.

I was just more outlining that in regards to the comment about the $110 price. That reseller knows they can easily turn around and make profit to be buying for that price point and they do this as a business.

I just go ahold of my resale Poly points yesterday, and I’ve already booked three trips between now and May. (I had double points to use up this UY.) After dithering about where I really want to own, I’d say it became pretty clear to me when I went to book those trips. Turns out for all the agonizing I did over all of the potential home resorts, and all of their pros and cons, where I really want to stay is BWV. I booked it for 2 of the 3 trips, and the third is booked at my home resort of Poly mainly to please DH who always wants to stay there. The Poly points were always for DH’s benefit, and that made sense for our first contract since DH was the more reluctant buyer between the two of us.

I guess I know where my next purchase will be! :rotfl2:
Have you stayed at BWV already?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter