The Points we need!

zzotto

Wilderness Lodge Fans
I just used the DVC Vacation Planner by Caskbill to figure out how many points I need to stay at hte VWL for 2004 - the entire year - in a 1 bedroom.

I need 12,914 points.

Let's see, at $80.00 per point, I need
$ 1,033,120. Of course, that does not include closing costs, interest payments annual fees and the like. I like to think of those as incidentals. And, of course, meals including the Hoop-De-Doo once or twice a week, Tonga Toast, etc..

Now, where's my checkbook....?

No need to be in a hurry to write that check!

The maximum number of points that Disney will allow any one person to own is 5000, and no more than 2000 of them can be at a single DVC resort. :eek:

If you plan to share that 1 bedroom with someone else, :teeth: you could own 4000 between the two of you. Still not enough for the whole year, though. :(

But don't let the facts stop you from dreaming - they sure don't interfer with mine!

Actually it varies by year depending on what day of the week January first falls on and the annoying issue of leap year.

Your 2004 amount is probably a bit higher than you really need because it is leap year. You buy to cover the average and use banking and borrowing to cover the different years.

For the cost of the points and the maintenance fees you could buy and maintain a nice condo in the area. And that you own forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter