• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Plaza and Spoodles reviews!? Pleeeease!

AussieAngel

DIS Veteran
So I've made reservations at both The Plaza Restaurant (for lunch) and Spoodles (for dinner), with the free dining plan.

Basically our reasoning behind this was that they were both pretty low-key, casual places which might have yummy food. We looked at the menus on All Ears, and they both looked pretty good... Plus, they're free, so how can you go wrong?!! Hehee.

This is our first time at Disney, so we're also eating at lots of 'themed' restaurants, like Ohana, Boma, 50's Prime Time, Le Cellier, Sci-Fi Dine In, etc... So we chose The Plaza and Spoodles just for a change of pace, really! We're a couple - aged 25 and 27.

There's so many threads about our other ADR choices, but I've only read bits and pieces about The Plaza and Spoodles. So does anybody have any reviews of either place, or know anything that's really yummy on the menus (or anything that's really awful!)?

Thanks guys! :Pinkbounc

Haven't eaten at the Plaza but we've eaten several times at Spoodles and we like it. We like it more when we are on the Dining Plan, of course! :rotfl2: Our favorite item (appetizer) unfortunately is off the menu now. It was the calamari-yummy! We have noticed that the food (and service) is not quite as good as the first times we went, but the food is still quite good. Fettucini with with shrimp or scallops-delish!

Go, you'll like it.

I really like the Plaza. Have eaten there a whole bunch of times. :) They have really good sandwiches (my fave is the chicken courdon blue) and their icecreams/.shakes are delicious!! The sundaes are HUGE!

I highly recommend it. Plus the whole place is really cute

We have eaten at Spoodles every single trip since they opened and we love it! The 4 cheese flat bread is like heaven on a plate. We also really enjoy the dessert sampler. If you want to go at a quiet time, make your ADR for after 8. If you enjoy adult drinks, try the Spoodle rita!

We have only eaten at the Plaza once. The food was quite good and the service was fine. It was just very crowded and the tables too close together for us. We went about 2:30 for lunch. We will try it again, though.

We ate at The Plaza on Wednesday. We had ADRs for CP but the line just to check in with your reservation was too LONG, so we headed over to the Plaza hoping to get in. We only had to wait about 10 minutes. The food was yummy. Three of us had huge sandwiches, my mom had a yummy mushroom burger, and the girls had pbj cut into a mickey shape. The desserts were awesome. The banana split was tdf!!! It was small and crowded, but I really didn't notice it. The mayor of main street and another female cm did a little skit that was quite cute! I would go again for sure! :thumbsup2

Spoodles is awesome!! :banana: They have "tapas" which are appetizer-sized dishes (in addition to regular entrees). I'm not sure how this works with dining plan, but if you didn't have dining plan, you could taylor your meal to your budget. Have a few tapas and beverage for an inexpensive meal or get carried away & order lots of tapas, entree, etc...it can get pricey. A couple years ago, we also went to a breakfast buffet at Spoodles, but I dont think they have it anymore. :sad1: It was good because there were no characters so it wasn't crowded. Also, the items on buffet had a slight Mediterranean flair. There is one negative - Spoodles does not handle noise well; lots of hardwood and high ceilings. But this would never prevent me from going back. :thumbsup2

We eat at the Plaza almost every trip ---- I love it because it's in-between counter service and a more expensive full service restaurant or buffet, so I get good quality food at a lower price and don't stuff myself. We can usually get in with less than 20" wait, service has always been good, and it's comfortable and air conditioned! Could be a little cramped, but that didn't bother us. We love the salad with chicken and fruit, hamburger (cheese, MR's, onions, bacon at no extra cost), chicken sandwich, and the German potato salad. Servings are large, so we've never had room for dessert.

Can't help you with Spoodles, but the Plaza is one of our favorites. Good burgers and shakes. DW loves the sandwiches.

Great thread! I already had the Plaza on my ADR list, and now am adding Spoodles. Anyone take kids to Spoodles? :sunny:

Thanks for your comments, everybody!! :thumbsup2

I'm quite happy with my choices of The Plaza and Spoodles, now!

It's nice to have a bit of reassurance! :Pinkbounc

We love the Plaza too. Ditto all the above comments. As to Spoodles, we ate there last summer on the free dining plan. The food was really good - and lots of it. Our waiter was very friendly. The kids in our party were all girls, 3 were 12 years old and 1 was 9. They all had the fetticini (sp?) - there was so much left on their plates. They did give a lot of food. I don't remember what DH and I had, but I remember really liking it after we left.

Anna

Just returned from a trip last Sunday; tried Spoodles for the first time and it was my favorite meal of the trip; my sister and I were both on the DDP; we had two appetizers; the garlic shrimp and the flatbread (that is awesome!)..for dinner I had the fettucini and on the menu for like $6 more you can add shrimp / scallops / or chicken..well on the dining plan you can add any or all of them!!! I had an order w/shrimp and scallops; fabulous!! My sister had the Rigatoni w/sausage...we were too full for dessert so we had them wrap it to go...

Chocolate Apricot Pistachio Cake (notice the Mickey's?)

100_0875.jpg

The only thing we had to pay for was our drinks from the bar; the bill was around $100; using the dining plan worked out great the whole trip. Not sure if it is the same "rules" for Free Dining Plan :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter