The Pirate's Grub

Peter Pirate

Its not the end of civilization...But you can see
Night 1: Teppenyaki. My daughters (11) favorite and once again she was pleased. The chef put on a marvelous show and our food was A+ material! My daughter had shrimp stirfry while I had the lobster,scallop, shirmp combo. Yummm! We had no complaints except for the fact that they DO NOT accept the DDE!

Night 2: 'Ohana. My daughters second fave! Again, no let down. The steak was tasy and tender, the pork tender and sweet, the turkey PERFECT and the Shrimp...Oh the shrimp! I don't know how I have room for the pineapple/caramel desert...But I always do!!!

Night 3: Jiko. Dad's favorite! Daughter shared the Firecracker appetizer, my daughter dubbed it the BEST appetizer at WDW! She then had the coffee/bbq chicken flatbread as an entree and it was A-1. I had the monkfish, for the third time, and it was the best I've had! Excellent! my only complaint was the service (again). As I ordered a beer with my appetizer but told the waiter I'd like a wine to match my entree, but I would like his assistance. He never brought it up again and seemed less than chatty. service was good, but less than excellent, IMO.

pirate:

Thanks for your reviews Peter! I love Ohana too! My plate was invisible under the mound of shrimp shells by the end of the evening. I think I ate a whole skewer of them on my own. I have never eaten at the other two restaurants though. I'm glad you enjoyed them because they are both on my must-try list!

Melissa

Peter Pirate said:
Night 2: 'Ohana. My daughters second fave! Again, no let down. The steak was tasy and tender, the pork tender and sweet, the turkey PERFECT and the Shrimp...Oh the shrimp! I don't know how I have room for the pineapple/caramel desert...But I always do!!!

pirate:

We are thinking of eating here on our arrival night. We have never been there but it sounds great. Did you have seats for the fireworks?? Would it be best to try to be in the restaurant during the fireworks or to go to the beach and watch from there?

Maggie

I think it's best to not see the fireworks from the restaurant, eat earlier or later. The view and ambiance from the beach is much, much better. Then you don't have to worry so much about timing, table location at the restaurant, etc. A nicer evening all the way around, IMO.
pirate:

Peter Pirate said:
I think it's best to not see the fireworks from the restaurant, eat earlier or later. The view and ambiance from the beach is much, much better. Then you don't have to worry so much about timing, table location at the restaurant, etc. A nicer evening all the way around, IMO.
pirate:

Can you watch from the beach even if you aren't staying at that hotel? :confused3

That Jiko meal sounds delicious. I can't imagine the coffee / bbq chicken combination though - is it reminiscent of anything else at all? (I'm trying to second guess whether I'd like it or not, as it's an unusual combo of flavours)

Thanks

Karen

I'm not sure if non guests can technically do this, but it's done all the time. Just take a stroll and watch the show.

The coffee beans did not make a big show in the taste...I mean it may have added to the overall effec - it probably did, but there wasn't a cofffee flavor, per se.
pirate:

Pirate-
We also enjoy all of the places you reviewed.
LOL! and agree that we wished Teppanaki took DDE! :)

We've had 'mixed' experiences at Ohanas...but on balance, the good surpasses the bad, or less than great.

Jikos- the firecraker is great! :)...I'm sorry you had a less than attentive server, as the wine selection there is excellent! :)....as are all of the food we've ever had! :)

Thank you for sharing your reviews! :)

Peter Pirate said:
Night 3: Jiko. Dad's favorite! Daughter shared the Firecracker appetizer, my daughter dubbed it the BEST appetizer at WDW! She then had the coffee/bbq chicken flatbread as an entree and it was A-1. I had the monkfish, for the third time, and it was the best I've had! Excellent! my only complaint was the service (again). As I ordered a beer with my appetizer but told the waiter I'd like a wine to match my entree, but I would like his assistance. He never brought it up again and seemed less than chatty. service was good, but less than excellent, IMO.

Thanks for the reviews.

We ate at Jiko last month and had "good but less than excellent' service as well. It is hard to describe, she just was not helpful and her timing was always off. We were very excited about eating here, so our expectations may have been high. The food was good. We ate too many of those yummy appetizers and weren't as hungry for our entree's as we should have been. At least with the disorganized service she forgot to charge us for the wine!!

Thanks for the reviews! We will be trying Teppenyaki for the first time in May and we are looking forward to it! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter