The OKW busses and mask compliance going down hill FAST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
The last straw was the EPCOT bus tonight 8 teenagers singing (remember the church choir spreads?) at the top of their lungs without masks. I jumped off the first stop and, like others, spoke to the driver. He said he would take care of it.
Each ride has been 4-8 people without masks in the last 10 days.
Some of the older boys were singing to the 18 year old who appeared intoxicated on her birthday. Gee, I wonder how she got the alchohol - not that I care if she inhales vommit in her sleep - Darwin and all but you know her parents will be all over suing Disney if something happens.
All the adults were stiffed back and uncomfortable but nobody would say anything. We were held hostage from the park to Peninsular Rd. by 8 immature drunk teenagers.
Yesterday, the driver played the cute greeting for a Princess on Board. The "Princess" was about 8 and had no mask whatsoever. Her parents wore theirs as chinstraps the entire ride.
It's a simple requirement that you sign up for when you come here. It's not that hard. Wear a mask on the transportation covering your mouth AND nose.
What's wrong with this World?

editted to add: I just read this as my next post:
Trip was 7/7-7/14. Had an awesome time. It was so great not to wear masks. BUT it was packed & no way to social distance. Didn’t bother us b/c we are fully vaccinated. But, came home on 7/14 & 7/19 DH developed Covid symptoms & tested positive. Then I started with symptoms right after & am positive too. I was one who couldn’t wait to get back to normal & thought we were safe. Depressing b/c we were going back in Sept or Oct, but I really don’t know now. DH & I have relatively mild symptoms compared to hospitalized ppl, but this still sucks. Could have gotten it anywhere, of course, but we drove & made very few stops & was actually able to social distance in those locations. Hope this doesn’t get deleted b/c it contains Covid info b/c this was part our experience.

It's a simple requirement that you sign up for when you come here. It's not that hard. Wear a mask on the transportation covering your mouth AND nose.
What's wrong with this World?
Completely agree! People can have their opinions about wearing masks, but if there are rules in place, they should be followed and enforced. If I were a nudist, I couldn't just ride the bus naked because I don't think clothes are necessary.

Just a reminder that under the DISBoard rules, mask discussions are limited to Disney and DVC policies. Discussion of the pros and cons of masking and vaccines is not permitted. Posts venturing off topic will result in the thread being closed or deleted completely. Nothing has been edited or removed from this thread so far, this is just a reminder of our DISBoard policy, as this subject is very passionate for a lot of people, and threads tend to go downhill quickly.

Thanks.

Last edited:

The current policy, according to the WDW Website, is that fully vaccinated guests are required to wear masks on all transportation, including transportation entrances, except ferry boats.

Unvaccinated Guests must wear masks 1) upon entering and throughout all attractions, 2) in all theaters and while entering/exiting the theater, 3) all transportation, including entrances, except ferry boats, and 4) all indoor locations, including restaurants, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary. Masks are optional in outdoor common areas and in pool deck areas. Masks are not permitted in pools.

I feel like busses need another employee to help combat this. What's the driver gonna do when they are driving and folks take there masks off.? It's a really bad situation and stinks that folks won't follow the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter