*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

I think that and it was probably easier given the short turn around and permits, etc to just make it part of VGF.

And, given that there are already some slight drawbacks over the current studios..like the beverage cooler..and no split bath, I definitely think it needed to have the original VGF room sizes to sell

We only bought because it included the larger ones. And having not been given the connecting studios..which I knew aren’t guaranteed but still..it means I’d rather just get deluxe studios instead and not worry about it.
Just because it was easier doesn't mean it was the right thing to do to existing owners.

Quite honestly, this really has been under my skin since they announced it was the same association. We bought for the existing amenities at VGF1, not for adding additional competition 6 years later. It definitely makes me think that if they can do this here, what's stopping them somewhere else. I made a half-joke back then that they could tear down part of CBR and make point hogging "Villas" and add them to Riviera. What's stopping them from doing that? Nothing.

And here's where it makes me wonder what the mindset is at DVC. I'd be happy to part with more $$ to add on, if it was the program I originally bought into. However, It makes me really consider buying additional contracts going forward... Since existing DVC members adding on is a huge business for them, I am not sure this is what they are expecting. However, I think that there is a lot of "short term" thinking going on down there now vs. planning for the long-term...

Just because it was easier doesn't mean it was the right thing to do to existing owners.

Quite honestly, this really has been under my skin since they announced it was the same association. We bought for the existing amenities at VGF1, not for adding additional competition 6 years later. It definitely makes me think that if they can do this here, what's stopping them somewhere else. I made a half-joke back then that they could tear down part of CBR and make point hogging "Villas" and add them to Riviera. What's stopping them from doing that? Nothing.

And here's where it makes me wonder what the mindset is at DVC. I'd be happy to part with more $$ to add on, if it was the program I originally bought into. However, It makes me really consider buying additional contracts going forward... Since existing DVC members adding on is a huge business for them, I am not sure this is what they are expecting. However, I think that there is a lot of "short term" thinking going on down there now vs. planning for the long-term...

Nothing because the POS gives them the power to expand resorts. It’s part of what we buy…and I realize not everyone may have known that.

So they absolutely can add a second tower to RIV and expand the resort.

I think they needed/wanted something to tide them over…right or wrong…for sales until they are ready to put VDH and Poly tower on sale, and that this was the way to do it, especially with studios going so fast in the system, they saw it as a way to increase those for people system wide..

The fact that they announced and are building an entire new tower at Poly also tells me that they do still have plans to expand things with new resorts.…and I still believe it will be its own with restrictions and not part of PvB.

So I would be surprised to see this is the norm but rather the exception…especially given they had to put in the microwaves which wasn’t part of it.

Last edited:
A patio would be good also!! My mom is coming and likes to just sit outside and read in the early morning, having a nice outdoor space for her to hang out is a big plus.
The space is pretty nice. The view is so so but we sat outside and watched the rain for about 30 minutes in July. It was lovely and peaceful (and covered!!) plenty of space out there. I took this from one side of the patio.

Attachments

• 243D6322-F78E-4B7D-AE55-AE74DE913277.png
    243D6322-F78E-4B7D-AE55-AE74DE913277.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 47

Nothing because the POS gives them the power to expand resorts. It’s part of what we buy…and I realize not everyone may have known that.

So they absolutely can add a second tower to RIV and expand the resort.

I think they needed/wanted something to tide them over…right or wrong…for sales until they are ready to put VDH and Poly tower on sale, and that this was the way to do it, especially with studios going so fast in the system, they saw it as a way to increase those for people system wide..

The fact that they announced and are building an entire new tower at Poly also tells me that they do still have plans to expand things with new resorts.…and I still believe it will be its own with restrictions and not part of PvB.

So I would be surprised to see this is the norm but rather the exception…especially given they had to put in the microwaves which wasn’t part of it.
I get the same feeling about Poly Tower, new association. Kind of the opposite of VGF, they are most likely adding more room options instead of making the percentage of 1BR and up smaller.
The one positive I see with VGF is that it will be easier to get studios during the busy DVC times, not necessarily in the original Villas though.

Quick question. Where do we check in for the new building at Grand Floridian? I know VGF had their own check in desk in the other building.
Thank you!

Quick question. Where do we check in for the new building at Grand Floridian? I know VGF had their own check in desk in the other building.
Thank you!
You can just do Online Check-in, but if you would prefer to do it in person, you would go to the Main Lobby. Enjoy!

This is what I was afraid of and why, IMHO, GFV2 should have been a separate HOA. But that’s just me…

What they should have done is done it right. Not this "lets refloor and repaint these hotel rooms and sell points for them as DVC rooms". IF they were a more flexible layout and had the typical studio amenities it wouldn't have mattered as much. With them finally doing murphy beds in the studios the 2 permanent bed layout wasn't really necessary. A table to eat at vs vanity table, typical ktichenette items and a fridge - not a place to hopefully chill beverages.

Does VGF have a community hall like OKW or SSR. Just curious about non park day activities besides pools. Any pool table or arcade for the kids?

Does VGF have a community hall like OKW or SSR. Just curious about non park day activities besides pools. Any pool table or arcade for the kids?
VGF does not have a Community Hall, however, there are things to do for kids and even adults. There is an arcade and lawn games. In addition, there are multiple table games. I thought I posted this here as well last week, but I guess I only posted in the GF page. I’ll paste it here….

So wanted to show the games here that have been added, that are out throughout the day.

Volleyball, Shuffleboard, Ping Ping, Fooseball, Cornhole (4 boards), Chess and Connect 4. This is in Addition to the lawn games. On the beach there are also sand buckets and sand toys for the kids to use.

AE02F506-8F3A-4EFF-A3FA-2935FD3ED4AC.jpeg

1265E4B2-1AE2-4770-BC7C-213723FBA7C9.jpeg

43250A08-7FB7-4BBB-82D2-EEB68CD05E30.jpeg

8B29C98E-0168-480E-B5EF-77702C2B20A3.jpeg

3CA15205-2A27-43AA-9B58-6B303C20A439.jpeg

What they should have done is done it right. Not this "lets refloor and repaint these hotel rooms and sell points for them as DVC rooms". IF they were a more flexible layout and had the typical studio amenities it wouldn't have mattered as much. With them finally doing murphy beds in the studios the 2 permanent bed layout wasn't really necessary. A table to eat at vs vanity table, typical ktichenette items and a fridge - not a place to hopefully chill beverages.
I much prefer two real beds. So, for me, that aspect was "done right." YMMV

Big Pine Key has a bay window on the top floor of each side of the building. I'm assuming that this room is laid out as the other rooms are, just with a bay window in place of the balcony, but it seems like there would be space for additional furniture.
I've seen video of the rooms that are part of the turret, where there's an octagonal sunroom area with access to a balcony, but has anyone been able to see pics of the bay window room online?

Just curious of what it looks like inside as I haven't been able to find anything online.

Bay Window.jpg

Big Pine Key has a bay window on the top floor of each side of the building. I'm assuming that this room is laid out as the other rooms are, just with a bay window in place of the balcony, but it seems like there would be space for additional furniture.
I've seen video of the rooms that are part of the turret, where there's an octagonal sunroom area with access to a balcony, but has anyone been able to see pics of the bay window room online?

Just curious of what it looks like inside as I haven't been able to find anything online.

View attachment 694512
I believe there was a pix of one on page 82 of this thread - click on the link in the quote below:
We just returned from GF 2. We were assigned to room 9517- 5th Floor -Lagoon View (picture attached). We requested a different room due to the lack of a balcony. We moved to the 2nd floor (9225) and had a great experience. We requested and received a toaster, bowls, and wine glasses. We loved how close we were to the main lobby and pools. View attachment 691121View attachment 691122

I’m considering buying direct at VGF. I’m wondering if people have still had trouble booking studios now that VGF2 is open. We’d mostly want studios with an occasional 1 bedroom. Thanks for any thoughts!

My friends and I recently booked studios at the 7 month mark for Princess Half Marathon weekend (the runDisney weekends are notably difficult to secure ANY type of room outside of the 11 month window) and you know what was available to us at 7 months? SSR Standard, SSR Preferred, Kidani Savanna View, and...VGF Resort Studios! We just got back from a trip to the resort studios and hope availability remains decent, because we loved our room and our stay. Good luck!

My friends and I recently booked studios at the 7 month mark for Princess Half Marathon weekend (the runDisney weekends are notably difficult to secure ANY type of room outside of the 11 month window) and you know what was available to us at 7 months? SSR Standard, SSR Preferred, Kidani Savanna View, and...VGF Resort Studios! We just got back from a trip to the resort studios and hope availability remains decent, because we loved our room and our stay. Good luck!
Thank you for the info! Hope you have a great trip!

You can send email via the Contact Us link on the member website, or to dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com.
To follow-up, I did summarize a number of the concerns that have been raised regarding beverage coolers, presence of microwave and location of plug (outlet position requires hanging cord over beverage center), overall design of beverage center relative to DVC guests, and noise in rooms. The email that I received in return was relatively generic, but I suspect that they did send these concerns up the management chain.

I agree that many of the concerns that owners have shared here should also be expressed in writing to DVC. This may be especially true as construction is ongoing at Grand Floridian in general - some of the design elements and concerns could potentially be remedied by the construction crew that is currently on site. Putting a new outlet above an existing outlet is a relatively easy fix, for example. Installing real refrigerators instead of a beverage cooler, is also relatively easily done without taking rooms off-line for a significant period of time. Placing a toaster in the room takes no time at all, really. Noise - probably not very easy to fix at this point other than some modifications to doors and/or soundproofing of existing walls that have access points (such as the bathroom in some circumstances).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter