*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

I have my first stay at VGF coming up over New Years weekend. I've booked a 1 bedroom standard view. I'll be traveling with my husband and 17 year old daughter. We'll be meeting my CM daughter. She'll be doing some grocery shopping in advance of our arrival, fortunately for me. Any tips/tricks on staying and cooking at VGF? I stay at the GF all the time, just new to the Villas. Looking forward to having the option to cook/eat in the room. What's the coffee situation there? Pot or Keurig?

The villas have 12 cup pots, flat bottom filters, if you’re looking to bring your own. I absolutely love the rooms, I hope you enjoy it!!

ETA: Here are my 1br. pics from November, if you’re interested HERE

The villas have 12 cup pots, flat bottom filters, if you’re looking to bring your own. I absolutely love the rooms, I hope you enjoy it!!

ETA: Here are my 1br. pics from November, if you’re interested HERE
Great info on the coffee - thanks! And great room photos! Thanks for sharing.

Foodie Guide to Holidays at Disney Resort Hotels

Grand Floridian

Cítricos
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake – Pumpkin cheesecake resting on a spiced chiffon cake topped with cassis mousse and a pumpkin seed-ginger crumble with caramel sauce (available Nov. 27)
Gasparilla Island Grill
  • Pumpkin Pie Cake Pop – Pumpkin spice jumbo cake pop enrobed in white chocolate to resemble an autumn pumpkin (available Nov. 1-Dec. 1)
  • Fall Flavors Cupcake – Cinnamon-spiced cupcake with apple filling topped with a sugar pumpkin and maple buttercream in festive fall colors (available Nov. 1-Dec. 1)
  • Happy Holidays Cake Pop – Triple chocolate cake pop enrobed in white chocolate with festive winter décor (available Dec. 1-Jan. 1)
  • Very Merry Minnie Mouse Cupcake – Chocolate cupcake filled with cookies and cream mousse and topped with ganache-dipped buttercream with cookie ears and chocolate a holiday bow (available Dec. 1-Jan. 1)
  • Red Velvet Wreath Cupcake – Red velvet cupcake filled with cream cheese mousse and topped with a vanilla buttercream wreath and a chocolate bow (available Dec. 1-Jan. 1)
  • S’more Cookie – Graham chocolate chip cookie piled with toasted marshmallows and M&M’S (available Dec. -Jan. 1)
Narcoossee’s
  • Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake – Pumpkin cake filled with white chocolate cream cheese mousse with brown sugar glaze and orange marmalade sauce (available Nov. 27)

In addition to all the sweet holiday treats, our Disney pastry chefs have been busy creating gingerbread masterpieces to get us all in the holiday spirit! Check out all the locations to see these edible marvels!

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Lobby

• This stunning life-size storybook gingerbread house with “cinnamon clouds” puffing from the chimney is beautifully decorated with white chocolate candy canes, edible snowflakes, and sugar poinsettias. Treats for sale include house-made Gingerbread Houses and Gingerbread Ornaments. (Nov. 10-Jan. 1)

Anyone heard an update on when the refurbishment is starting? Has anyone received an email letting them know they are being moved? (I have a reservation next month and haven’t heard anything. While I would LOVE a refurbished room with the Murphy bed, I mainly just do not want to be moved.)

Anyone heard an update on when the refurbishment is starting? Has anyone received an email letting them know they are being moved? (I have a reservation next month and haven’t heard anything. While I would LOVE a refurbished room with the Murphy bed, I mainly just do not want to be moved.)

I have not heard anything yet!

so, we check into the VGF next Wed for a quick 4 night stay in a 1 br - we've only stayed in the hotel side, never the villas. I told DH that I was treating us to this trip and paid for it OOP with some bonus money I got from work.....and he was fine with it but does not know how much I spent.. :rolleyes1

I've been looking for a 1 br at BLT in a standard view to save a little money (or that was the plan) since the BLT lake & park view are equal to or more expensive than my standard view at VGF...

and there has NOT been a standard view open up at BLT since I booked the VGF.... until this morning..and it will save me just over $800...but I just don't want to leave the VGF...I want to be all bougie and fancy pants for 4 nights.... :cloud9: :snooty:

and we've stayed at BLT last October and it was super convenient to MK and now with the monorail open to Epcot they're both a great location...

its ok that I want to spend this $$ at VGF, right? I mean the trip is 100% paid for - the room, the tickets (we're AP) and all food bc I have $3k in gift cards...

:confused3:rotfl::Pinkbounc

so, we check into the VGF next Wed for a quick 4 night stay in a 1 br - we've only stayed in the hotel side, never the villas. I told DH that I was treating us to this trip and paid for it OOP with some bonus money I got from work.....and he was fine with it but does not know how much I spent.. :rolleyes1

I've been looking for a 1 br at BLT in a standard view to save a little money (or that was the plan) since the BLT lake & park view are equal to or more expensive than my standard view at VGF...

and there has NOT been a standard view open up at BLT since I booked the VGF.... until this morning..and it will save me just over $800...but I just don't want to leave the VGF...I want to be all bougie and fancy pants for 4 nights.... :cloud9: :snooty:

and we've stayed at BLT last October and it was super convenient to MK and now with the monorail open to Epcot they're both a great location...

its ok that I want to spend this $$ at VGF, right? I mean the trip is 100% paid for - the room, the tickets (we're AP) and all food bc I have $3k in gift cards...

I think if your heart is set on The Grand, I would keep it. I would probably end up regretting it the whole time, especially if my heart was set somewhere else. Good luck deciding!!!!!

I think if your heart is set on The Grand, I would keep it. I would probably end up regretting it the whole time, especially if my heart was set somewhere else. Good luck deciding!!!!!
I do keep checking our dates and the room @ BLT is still there but I just can't convince myself to switch resorts!

I know I would regret the switch and I'm sure if I booked BLT std view, that it would probably be a view of the garbage bins and that would totally make me even more sad I'd switched!

and this last year has been hard on us all and we deserve to be fancy at the VGF!

and I'm hoping that with us staying there DH will see the need for us to buy more DVC points so we can stay at the VGF more often!!

:rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Which would you regret more - spending the $800 or not staying at the Grand Floridian?
When it comes to Disney vacations, I rarely regret spending the extra money. Before purchasing DVC, I had the option to spend an extra $600 for 3 nights at the Poly (over a moderate). I decided to save the money and while we had a great time, I still wish I would’ve just spent the extra $600.
It sounds like you really want to stay at VGF. Are you going to be wishing you would’ve stayed there instead if you ride the monorail and pass by it? What would you do with the extra $800 savings?
If it’s already paid for, be fancy pants for 4 nights if that’s what you want!

Which would you regret more - spending the $800 or not staying at the Grand Floridian?
When it comes to Disney vacations, I rarely regret spending the extra money. Before purchasing DVC, I had the option to spend an extra $600 for 3 nights at the Poly (over a moderate). I decided to save the money and while we had a great time, I still wish I would’ve just spent the extra $600.
It sounds like you really want to stay at VGF. Are you going to be wishing you would’ve stayed there instead if you ride the monorail and pass by it? What would you do with the extra $800 savings?
If it’s already paid for, be fancy pants for 4 nights if that’s what you want!
you're 100% right!! I'm SURE if I had changed our resort I would have regretted it the whole time and if little things had gone wrong, or wasn't as magical I would have been thinking the whole time "I"m sure if we were at the VGF, then this would have been different"!

and...it's too late now since the room at BLT is GONE!

oh well - my plan is to stay at BLT next October, so I'm going to live it up at the VGF in ONE week from today!!

thanks everyone for supporting my fancy-pantness!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

you're 100% right!! I'm SURE if I had changed our resort I would have regretted it the whole time and if little things had gone wrong, or wasn't as magical I would have been thinking the whole time "I"m sure if we were at the VGF, then this would have been different"!

and...it's too late now since the room at BLT is GONE!

oh well - my plan is to stay at BLT next October, so I'm going to live it up at the VGF in ONE week from today!!

thanks everyone for supporting my fancy-pantness!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

That’s what we’re here for!!! 😉

Walking into The Grand next week like…

I haven’t heard anything about it starting or being delayed. It’s slated to start in November (any day now!!) so we should hear something soon, right??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts