The Official T-Rex Cafe Thread!

World Bouncer

We Should All Dream This Big!
Here are some pics of the outside of the soon to open T-Rex restaurant in Downtown Disney.

We could see the store inside "Build A Dino" a branch of the Build a Bear stores.

These first 2 pics were taken on our arrival day 9-16

DSC05610.jpg

DSC05611.jpg

These were taken on 9-29

DSC07189.jpg

DSC07190.jpg

These were the last ones we took on 9-30 after the wall had totally been removed.

DSC07277.jpg

DSC07278.jpg

DSC07279.jpg

We are looking forward to trying this new place on our next visit!

Just stumbled across this thread...when is it set to open?

Oh man! This looks SO cool! I love dinosaurs! (I'm never going to grow up and I'm totally okay with that. :thumbsup2 )

If anyone is interested here is the website for the T-Rex resturants

http://www.trexcafe.com/

menues are on here, too bad there is nothing too exciting. But it will still be fun to check out the resturant and store.

Bev

Where is it? I'm going to try to go there out first night but it's not on DDP right.

Need reviews and how busy it is when it opens:thumbsup2

It is next to the McDonald's at the DTD Marketplace. No, it is not on the DDP.

Most of the food is the same they hav eat Rainforest Cafe, but with different names.

Suzanne

I think the Footprint Pizza (I think that was the name...don't have the menu open at the moment) sounds interesting. I just hope its in the shape of a T-Rex footprint as the name leads one to believe. It wouldn't be that hard to pull off, I think.

Thanks for posting the pictures! We were there in August and you really couldn't see anything except the wall and the top of the mountain.

We will definitely be eating there next August. Since we like Rainforest Cafe too, I'll probably be purchasing the membership. It's supposed to get you seated much quicker.

For those of us who desperately want to know what it was like getting into t-rex cafe please can you tell me all about it?!?!? My plan is that we arrive on thanksgiving day at 6pm and to take DME to AS Sp then fly over to DTD and try to get into T-rex that night for dinner or have I taken leave of all of my senses?!?!? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: My back up plan is to ask concierge to call over and find out if they are taking any more walk-ups and if not just eat at the hotel then fly to DTD. :woohoo:

You may want to give this a bump tomorrow, it's only October 13 :goodvibes

I'm interested as well, at least in the pictures. It won't matter how bad the food is, we'll have to go there anyway. I have 3 sons aging newborn - 5 years. They'll be almost 2 - 7 when we go and FULLY into dinosaurs.

Hmm...we saw it the other day when we were at DTD and it looks like Rainforest Cafe but with dinosaurs. I don't have much hope for that restaurant.

Hmm...we saw it the other day when we were at DTD and it looks like Rainforest Cafe but with dinosaurs. I don't have much hope for that restaurant.

For myself, I don't either. It's nothing I want to make sure and attend. But I don't have children. Anyone with children and especially children who are into dinosaurs (and what children aren't) is going to make tracks for this place, so it's going to be hugely popular. The parents of boys, who have been complaining on the boards for years that the boys get overlooked with all the emphasis on princesses, are going to be especially overjoyed.

I can't imagine the food being any different from Rainforest's, which is serviceable and edible but nothing special. But I'd wager that no one who is interested in T-Rex is primarily interested in the food.

I have been to the only other T-rex cafe in Kansas City. It is neat but very similar to Rainforest with food and atmosphere. I am curious if they will have a Build A Dino in Orlando. That was really cute. My son has to get one each visit to T-rex.

I'm interested in the reviews as well. I think our boys will enjoy it. I'm sure we will try it in June. :banana:

I have been to the only other T-rex cafe in Kansas City. It is neat but very similar to Rainforest with food and atmosphere. I am curious if they will have a Build A Dino in Orlando. That was really cute. My son has to get one each visit to T-rex.

I heard they have build-a-dino next door. Can anyone confirm this??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter