***The Official May 2016 Thread!!***

I'm very interested in your itinerary and specifically how you decided to split up your Universal days. We have two Universal days built into our May trip also but currently have those scheduled for back to back days. Can you please share any thoughts you have on how you decided to split up the days? I am looking at possibly changing to a similar arrangement. Thank you!

That wasn't my post but we also have 2 Uni Days in our week, it will be more like one full day and a 2 third day, but we split it just for variation.

With the Potter stuff we tend to Parkhop using the Hogwarts Express and do all of Potter in one go on the shorter day, then everything else the full day

Disnefam31, we are doing pretty much what Jon84 is also doing. Since the WWoHP is a big thing for us, we reserved one full day for all things Potter and then the other full day for all things non-Potter (especially because we want to not only ride the Potter attractions, but take our time checking shops, taking pics, breathing the wizard´s atmosphere). So we´ll park hop both days: one day we´ll go USO->IoA and the other day IoA->USO, that way we get to ride the Express twice, in both directions! We heard the trip is different, depending what direction you go.

Yay! Officially booked AS Movies for 5/30 - 6/1 for a girl's trip with my daughter's preschool best friend and her mom. :) We're going for a surprise first visit in 21 days, then a surprise 2nd visit just a few weeks later! :D So excited.

40 days until I'm on my way to Disney! Can't wait, although is anyone else starting to feel a little disheartened with all the of things that won't be open? I'm sure we will have a fab time, but I really would have liked to go on my favourite Soarin', see Rivers of Light, the Frozen ride, the new castle show etc. Hopefully some will be ready! Can't wait!

although is anyone else starting to feel a little disheartened with all the of things that won't be open?
A little, but there are still so many things we've not seen after multiple trips it's not so bad, and, we're back in November when more things should be open

Hubby just surprised me and the girls with a last minute trip next month!!! Happy Mother's Day to me!!! :thanks:

I was surprised at how many ADRs I was able to get last night!! And I booked all of our FP and there were several openings for 7 Dwarves Mine Train!

Does anyone know when the Frozen ride opens? We'll be at Epcot May 18th & 20th and I'm hoping it's open by then!!

Hubby just surprised me and the girls with a last minute trip next month!!! Happy Mother's Day to me!!! :thanks:

I was surprised at how many ADRs I was able to get last night!! And I booked all of our FP and there were several openings for 7 Dwarves Mine Train!

Does anyone know when the Frozen ride opens? We'll be at Epcot May 18th & 20th and I'm hoping it's open by then!!
Latest rumor is 5/27, but you could always catch a soft opening. Fingers crossed for you....what a great Mother's Day surprise!!!

^ If the Frozen ride opens 2 days after we leave, I'm gonna' be so mad. lol

Just 28 days out for us... I purchased rain ponchos today for the trip, and got very excited over it (pathetic, I know).

It also says on the Disney site that our magic bands are being personalized, and that we should check back for a shipping date. The magic bands weren't a "thing" last time we went, so I'm super excited. :D

19 days here now... omg, I´m beyond super excited! Getting ready for my single digits dance. :hyper:
Does anyone else keeps checking MDE and the Disney website for things you might have missed? I know I got the ADRs, the FPs, magic bands are customized, but I still worry I might have left something slip. It´s my control freakness mixed with my huge anxiety lol :crazy:

I just got the email that our magic bands have shipped!!!! And found a bunch of ponchos at the dollar store! :SCORE!: And I bought a bunch of Frogg Toggs too as our Sports Authority is going out of business and they were selling them for $4 each. Not sure I'll use them for our May trip but definitely will use them for our August one!

Have started putting a few things in my 18" duffle bag (shampoo and other toiletries, etc.). I won't start packing clothes until around the first of the month. Hubby's going away for the first weekend of May on a golfing trip and that seems the perfect time to pack! I can have all my stuff lying around without disturbing him. lol

23 more days!!! :yay:

32 more days for me! I'll be traveling with my brother, sis-in-law, and a friend of the family (my brother and the friend have NEVER been to Disney, and sis-in-law has only been to MK and Epcot). We'll be there May 21-24 and are staying at AoA in a Lion King suite and I can't be more excited! :jumping1:

Two "grown ups" arriving on the evening of Tuesday 17th and leaving on Thursday 25th in the afternoon. First WDW trip for me but not for my friend. I am SO excited! Planning 5 days in Disney and the other 3 and a half days at the pool or shopping or eating. My friend has let me organise all the little details (I am the queen of little details) which is making me even happier. I'm not in great health, so this is a big deal to me....a trip of a lifetime. :)

Had to call and get two more magical express tags sent. We always take four pieces of luggage with us. We even asked them to send four. I'm sure it will get here in time.

32 more days for me! I'll be traveling with my brother, sis-in-law, and a friend of the family (my brother and the friend have NEVER been to Disney, and sis-in-law has only been to MK and Epcot). We'll be there May 21-24 and are staying at AoA in a Lion King suite and I can't be more excited! :jumping1:

Myself and 3 best friends will be there the exact same dates at an AOA LK suite too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter