***The Official June 2016 Thread***

OK everyone, who is ready to share their dining plan?? I must fully disclose that we are on the DxDP and our boys are 16 and 14 and love to eat (in general) but love trying new foods at Disney so we make our meals as exciting as possible!! We do 3 TS meals a day - breakfast is early, lunch like 1pm and dinner is late(r) - DH needs an a/c break at lunch since we only go in June :sunny: so there are NO outside tables for us! :teeth:. We are arriving the day before our package starts so our first dinner & breakfast will be OOP and then we have 3 2-credit TS dinners so those extra credits will be made up by 3 other meals paid OOP..I'm already full just looking at it!!

the *'d locations are NEW to us and we're so excited to try them!! and look at that - we have 20 ADRs and out of that are 9 "NEW to us" places and we have a new one each day - I'm impressed with ourselves!!

Day#1
Dinner @ Raglan Road* - OOP

Day #2
B'fast @ Grand Flo Cafe* - OOP
Lunch @ 50's PT - OOP
Dinner @ Via Naploli

Day #3
B'fast @ Crystal Palace
Lunch @ LTT - OOP
Dinner @ Be Our Guest*

Day #4
B'fast @ Garden Grill*
Lunch @ Biergarten
Dinner @ HDDR

Day #5
B'fast @ Tusker House
Lunch @ Yak & Yeti
Dinner @ CRT*

Day #6
B'fast @ OH'ana
Lunch @ Be Our Guest* - OOP
Dinner @ Rose & Crown

Day #7
B'fast @ 1900 Park Fair*
Lunch @ 50's PT
Dinner @ Narcoosse's*

Day #8
B'fast @ The Wave*

:rolleyes1

We are not on a dining plan, and my preference is to not book too many TS meals. On our first trip, we were on the DDP and while we enjoyed the meals and character interactions, I found that for the most part, the restaurants were overrated and took a lot of time from our park experience! This year we will be winging it and doing a lot of snacking and QS. That said, I couldn't help but make a few ressies for this trip, just in case!

Day 1: 50' Prime Time

Day 2: BOG lunch

Day 3: No ressie yet

Day 4: Tusker House breakfast

Day 5: Crystal Palace breakfast
BOG lunch

1. Maya Grill (June 13)
2. 1900 Park Fare
3. Sci-Fi
4. Rose & Crown
5. 'Ohana
6. Biergarten
7. Boatwright's
8. Tratorria al Forno
9. Cape May Cafe
10. Coral Reef
11. Narcoossee's

day 1:
Plaza Restaurant - dinner

day 2:
Crystal Palace - breakfast
Ohana - dinner

day 3:
Via Napoli - lunch
Narcoossee's - dinner

day 4:
Tepon Edo - dinner

day 5:
Ohana - breakfast
Citrico's - dinner

day 6:
Liberty Tree Tavern - lunch
Kona Cafe - dinner (hoping for a Skipper's Canteen adr)

We will have the regular dining plan with 1CS and 1TS and pay oop for a few meals.

Day 1. T-Rex at Disney Springs
Day 2. Garden Grill - Lunch
Day 3. O'Hana Lilo & Stitch breakfast and Cinderella Castle -Dinner
Day 4. Mama Melrose - Lunch
Day 5. 1900 Park Fare - Dinner
Day 6. Yak & Yeti - Lunch
Day 7. Crystal Palace - Breakfast and Be Our Guest - Dinner
Day 8. Rose & Crown - Dinner
Day 9. Prime Time - Lunch

Last edited:
Our dining plans. Every place is new to us.

Day #1 - Anniversary dinner at California Grill

Day #2 - Breakfast at the Wave
- Dinner at Chefs de France

Day #3 - Dinner at Brown Derby

I'm still trying to decide breakfast for day #3. Lunches will be QS whenever we get hungry.

I'm also planning a specialty cake for our anniversary dinner.

Just booked Kidani Village Savannah view yesterday! June 8 to 12. I am so excited. I haven't stayed at AKL since 2007 and have never stayed in Kidani so I am overjoyed!

YAY! There is a board for this? ! :cheer2:
(Is my newness showing?)
We are arriving May 30 for 6n, first day in the park May 31 so I feel like I belong on this board. Hope that's okay!

My husband and I are both college students, he works full time and I work just barely part time, married right out of high school. ♡ We've been saving for this! Both of our first trips in about 10 years except for a friend's 21st birthday in (formerly) DTD, but no park visit so does that count? (No! :p )

So we are bringing our daughter for her first visit, and 5th birthday celebration, as a surprise! We are staying at the cabins in Fort Wilderness and my MIL and FIL are joining us for the weekend, and are also celebrating their birthdays :)

So far, we have:
1) Arrival: dinner @ Whispering Canyon
1)Breakfast @ CRT
2)Late lunch @ Mama Melrose (?) Fantasmic pkg
3)BBB at DS, hot air balloon ride, and dinner at 1900 PF on "day off from the park"
4) Date night w DH while DD stays with M/FIL @ Sanaa and they bring her to the Chip n Dale s'mores campfire/movie
5) Dinner @ Akershus
5) Lunch at BOG (aiming for dinner if possible though)
And her first hair cut at Harmony Barbershop beforehand^ (Yes, first hair cut at 5. She has dark blonde curls that go from mid back wet to shoulder length dry, and nothing but whispy puffs for the first three years of her life!)

plus lots of CS meals! (Have the standard disney dining plan)

We also already have the photo package!

If you have any wonderful ideas to make her birthday magical, please let me know!
Preferably cheap or free because we're about to exceed our budget!

We're doing these:

1. Liberty Tree Tavern lunch (new)
2. Tokyo Dining lunch (new)
3. Sci Fi Dine In lunch (repeat)
4. Tusker House breakfast (new)
5. Raglan Road dinner (new)
6. 50s Prime Time lunch (This is the only one I'm not sure of. May trade for Mama Melrose.)
7. Be Our Guest dinner (repeat)
8. Spice Road Table late dinner for Illuminations (new)

We are booked for our trip from June 15th-25th. We are currently booked at WL but will probably change resorts once the summer discounts are released. :)

For those planning for early June, these are the planned Disney dates for the annual "Gay Days" event held in Orlando...

6/2-AK
6/3-DHS
6/4-MK
6/5-Epcot

We are eating at:
Liberty Tree Tavern
Teppen Edo
San Angel Inn* (might be changing this after seeing the review last week on the Dis Podcast)
Hoop Dee Doo Revue*
Rain forest Cafe at AK*
Sci-Fi*

What are the likely park hour changes that haven't been announced? Is it likely that MK will open at 8 am instead of 9 am? I haven't been in June for several years so I don't remember, and I have a pre-park opening ADR at 8:05 that if MK does change to an 8 am opening I'd probably want to change. Thoughts? TIA!
It's possible for some dates to change to an 8am, but most will be extended evening hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter