The Official Expedition Everest 2013 Thread

I'm getting excited! Just a few days until I fly down. I see we're in for a rainy weekend. Hopefully no downpour during the race... also, wet weather will require me to reconsider running with my iphone. Going to plan for the worst and hope for the best, weather-wise.

Maybe wet weather will keep people out of the parks, and make the Flower and Garden festival look nice and well-watered... although with the amount of rain Orlando has been getting, the flowers of F&G fest have probably been flattened!!

Regardless... I'm ready for a fun weekend! :sunny:

I'm getting excited! Just a few days until I fly down. I see we're in for a rainy weekend. Hopefully no downpour during the race... also, wet weather will require me to reconsider running with my iphone. Going to plan for the worst and hope for the best, weather-wise.

Maybe wet weather will keep people out of the parks, and make the Flower and Garden festival look nice and well-watered... although with the amount of rain Orlando has been getting, the flowers of F&G fest have probably been flattened!!

Regardless... I'm ready for a fun weekend! :sunny:

we could use some of your username here :) I'm planning on getting those $1 to use while we wait for the race to start and then discard them...I have a running belt that is waterproof and that's where I'll hide my phone (it has run keeper and my music). It's been a mess for these past few days but the strong storms end by 9pm and then just lingering rain. So I'm hoping people that bought the party ticket will stay out and that way we'll be able to enjoy the rides with no waits

Just wanted to send a good luck to all of you EEC runners! I hope you all have an awesome time! I am hoping to try this one next year! I've started running for the first time in my life this year and am about to do my first race on saturday. I'm doing a 5k here at home. Not quite the same as in Disney but excited none the less!! :cool1:

Whoo hoo....... We're getting close! :woohoo:

For those of you coming from out of town, here's the latest forecast:

Sat - 83 degrees cloudy with a 50% chance of showers
Sat night - 65 degrees cloudy with a 30% chance of showers

Rain, rain stay away!!

I asked this on the facebook page:
Since the announcement of May the Fourth for Limited Time Magic at DHS, if the Star Wars fireworks are at midnight (hoping, fingers crossed) do you think that If I finish the EEC, grab my medal, hop on my car, go to DHS for the fw...will they let us get back inside AK for the after-party?? I will have the medal and also I could take the receipt from Active showing that we paid for the race...

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew the Symphony in the Stars fireworks will be at 9:45 on May the 4th. That's per the time guides issued earlier this week. You can see one over at http://www.studioscentral.com/column/studios-update/april-28-2013-studios-update. I plan on heading to DHS for EMH rope drop. That'll help me get a nap in before heading over to AK that night.

Whoo hoo....... We're getting close! :woohoo:

For those of you coming from out of town, here's the latest forecast:

Sat - 83 degrees cloudy with a 50% chance of showers
Sat night - 65 degrees cloudy with a 30% chance of showers

Rain, rain stay away!!

65% is a great temp for running. It may make rides on Kali afterwards a little chilly.

My toddler has been sick all week and NOW I feel like I might be coming down with it too. Noooooooo. I hate running sick. And being at Disney sick is just not right :sick:

OK, positive thinking and pixie dust needed. We're driving down Friday and I am so excited. Work's been awful lately and I keep taking deep breaths and counting down the days till I get to go to my happy place. Two more days. Sick or not, I'm going, running and having a great time!

My toddler has been sick all week and NOW I feel like I might be coming down with it too. Noooooooo. I hate running sick. And being at Disney sick is just not right :sick:

OK, positive thinking and pixie dust needed. We're driving down Friday and I am so excited. Work's been awful lately and I keep taking deep breaths and counting down the days till I get to go to my happy place. Two more days. Sick or not, I'm going, running and having a great time!

I feel like I'm getting sick too :( but I'm not going to let it pull me down!! We will finish that 5K without stopping even if we just trot most of the way. Leaving tomorrow - can't wait!! :banana:

Jumping on a plane this afternoon!

Since we have no humidity here, we are going to take a brisk walk tonite at AKL to see how bad the humidity is going to affect us for EEC.

First 5K EVER for me and two of my besties!!! Before this January, I wouldn't run from the cops if I had a TV under my arm!!! :rotfl2:

Hi EEC folks! Quick question - What is the easiest way to get to WWOS from Animal Kingdom by bus?
Have fun everyone! I did this last year and loved it.

Hi EEC folks! Quick question - What is the easiest way to get to WWOS from Animal Kingdom by bus?
Have fun everyone! I did this last year and loved it.

There's no direct bus to WWOS, only from the host resorts. So you could take a bus to AKL and then take the WWOS bus from there

Packet pick up was fast and efficient. The tech shirt that I got was way to big and couldn't exchange it. And they didn't have any eec medals for the run Disney vinylmation... bummer. I love the design of the bibs. And the weather seems to be improving for tomorrow, so it's all good to go!

Since I'm riddle/clue challenged would anyone mind sharing how they solved the sample clue that they received at check in? I thought I might have been on to something but clearly I wasn't :confused3 I know that writing each letter into the corresponding box/column didn't work, or at least not the way I tried it.

RangerPooh said:
Since I'm riddle/clue challenged would anyone mind sharing how they solved the sample clue that they received at check in? I thought I might have been on to something but clearly I wasn't :confused3 I know that writing each letter into the corresponding box/column didn't work, or at least not the way I tried it.

We basically figured the short words would be " the" or "to" and from there just started filing in what made sense. Not sure If there was a faster way

I don't think there is any shortcut to the answer of the riddle. I just kept ruling out the letters til I got an answer. I'll be honest, it took me a little while but I eventually got it.

So excited bout tomorrow!!:cool1:

I'm staring at the sample clue and still can't figure it out. Could someone post the answer or PM it to me if you don't want to a spoil it for others. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter