The (not so surprise) Surprise Trip to Disney World!!!-Dec. 2010

PrincessEmily87

Mouseketeer
I am going to surprise my fiance with a trip to Disney World for our Honeymoon!!! :banana: Because of this excitement I have decided to write my first ever Pre Trip Report.

I know it is a bit early to start this, but I really enjoy planning and its hard for me to keep this trip a secret!!!

So this is who we are: Me (Emily) and Fiance (Nick)

IMG_5119.jpg

A bit about us:
We have been dating now for 4 years and are finally getting married!!!! Our first trip to WDW together was in 2007. After that Nick fell in love with Disney...I would say he is pretty much obsessed! We both wished that we could have had a Disney wedding, but we have too many family members who live locally that wouldnt be able to make it that we settled on a Disney honeymoon.

When we first began planning our wedding we talked about our honeymoon and both really wanted to go to Disney World. But after looking at prices for our December time frame we had to rule it out because we couldnt afford it and we decided on Disneyland instead. His heart was set on going to WDW for our honeymoon and he was really sad. So I recently priced out the difference between the two trips for the ACTUAL time frame we are going and... ITS THE SAME PRICE!!! :woohoo: So it looks like we will be able to afford this trip and if some sort of deal comes out it will actually be less expensive for us to go to WDW than DL!!! I am very excited about it, but I want it to be my gift to him for our wedding which is why I am going to surprise him with the trip. I am really excited and that is why I am coming to write this PTR.

Since I plan on not talking about this with anyone except my mom, I will need some help and advice on planning and people to talk to when I get really excited about my plans. This will only be the second trip to WDW I have planned myself, so I know I will have questions. Plus it looks like fun to share my plans with everyone and get input on how to make my trip wonderful.

So I am trying to figure out how to surprise Nick with this trip. I know its early to think about this but this is the thing I am most excited about doing!! :lovestruc I was thinking that I would play along that we were going to Disneyland until we get to the airport. On our connection I thought it would be fun to ask him sooo do you want to go to Disneyland or Disney World?? I know he would say WDW!!! So at that point I would say ok... and we could go over to that plane and I could give him the plane ticket. Or should I surprise him another way? Should I tell him a couple of weeks ahead of time or the night of our wedding? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Well...its not such a surprise any more. Nick decided he would price out the difference between the two trips and he found out they were the same price. The surprise got ruined, and I told him what I was going to do. That is okay thought because he was really happy!!! :goodvibes He said he still wants the trip to be a surprise, so he wants me to plan EVERYTHING and it will all be a surprise to him!! He wont even know where we are going to stay.

We also signed up for the Disneys Give a Day, Get a Day program. We are going to be rebuilding a fence for two hours and then will have two free tickets to DISNEY WORLD!!! :banana: They said that we will be working with 8 other people on the fence!!! It should be pretty fun.

Has anyone else done this program to get their tickets?

Now to the fun stuff. Right now we are planning on staying at a value resort. Does anyone have an idea good one for a honeymoon? I have stayed at Pop Century before and didnt really like it. The place was just too busy and too many people. The only other value resort I have stayed at before is All Star Sports. I liked that resort it just doesnt seem like a good place to have a honeymoon... :confused3 but that is probably just what it is going to be like by staying at a value resort. Its okay though because I know we will still have fun.

As the time gets closer, I am hoping Disney will come out with a deal or I will get a pin code so that we can upgrade. I would love to stay at AKL or even POFQ!!! This decision also depends on if I am able to get a job after I graduate or if I will be stuck subbing for the school year.

Does anyone have any hotel suggestions? Nick has told me that he would love to stay at the Polynesian!!! :scared1: Luckily he said that he doesnt care staying at Pop Century either though. We will also be there around Christmas, so which hotels decorate the best???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter