The *NEW* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (MAY 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sense to me... we low life Sugar loafers don't deserve a deluxe catagory :rotfl2:

:flower3: You are deluxe in my book, P. :thumbsup2

The lodge towers, are these the ones without a balcony?

The top floor doesn't have a balcony. That's the one we had. haha....it has the nice high dormer ceiling though. The other two DO have balconies. You would want a balcony in June. We were there in Feb and it was too cold anyway. Kelly needs to post a pic of these rooms....I know there were some on the other GF thread she started.

:)

Now I am confused... I confuse easily...

I thought the dormer rooms were a seperate booking catagory? The sleep 4 but your saying in SL they are bigger than the standard room but don't have a balcony?
So on my request I should ASK (not expect) a deluxe room with a balcony?

the dormer rooms are by request only as well to my knowledge they sleep 4 and are on the top floor of the buidlings and have an enclosed balcony

AHHH ok, I thought Dormers were a different booking catagory...

I like having a balcony :goodvibes so I am going to stick with a balcony. I thought the dormer rooms were smaller than the regular rooms? Why would it be a deluxe if the room was smaller? I am totally lost now :rotfl:
Does SL have the larger deluxe rooms? Like the rich folk get in RPC?!;)

I would like to note that I am a total ding bat ... I am guessing the tower rooms are the deluxe in SL and these are different than the dormers which are smaller than the regular rooms? Am I getting warm?

Are tower rooms in the GV category or are they a separate booking?

The picture of the slightly separated sitting room looked great! I would love that room if the couch is a fold out. But I am booked standard GV (only thing available when I booked!)

Is there any chance I could get this room as GV? or is it an unlikely upgrade thing?

Thanks! :) Sheli

the dormer rooms are smaller. The tower rooms have the extra sitting area with tv and usually a balcony.

ahhh okay... I gotcha.
I am going to guess tower rooms are NOT on the first floor...am I correct? I guess thats why they would call them TOWER rooms :rotfl2: I crack myself up sometimes!

I really like the first floor... I know most don't but I do!

Now I am confused... I confuse easily...

I thought the dormer rooms were a seperate booking catagory? The sleep 4 but your saying in SL they are bigger than the standard room but don't have a balcony?
So on my request I should ASK (not expect) a deluxe room with a balcony?

OMG...you have me confused. :rotfl: Tower rooms are different than deluxe club rooms....I was just saying that in SL, these lodge tower rooms could be considered deluxe due to the extra space - because really that is what makes the RPC deluxe rooms deluxe.;) BUT, the lodge tower rooms only sleep 4 also, and the tower rooms in SL are request only. Where the deluxe RPC rooms are a separate category. ALSO, lodge tower rooms in the other lodges (not SL) are a separate category. Ok, another thing about the tower rooms in SL, there isn't one on the first floor because these 2nd - 4th floor tower rooms overlook the lounge area. They are very convenient to the lounge and elevators. :thumbsup2

???? That is confusing. SL tower rooms = more space. There are 3. The 2nd and 3rd floor have balconies. The 4th floor does not - it has the dormer ceiling.

ALL tower rooms = more space & in any other building other than SL they are a bookable category - sleeping only 4 in ALL tower rooms including SL.

Dormer rooms seems like they do now sleep 5. Supersmartguy just came back and reported his Sago dormer room did have the daybed and I remember Hockeymom said the same of hers in Conch. The dormers have the high ceiling and the solid railed balcony. I don't think they are THAT much smaller than standard rooms and the high ceiling makes up for it. It feels roomy.

I don't know if this helps or hurts. :rotfl2: TMI.

:goodvibes

Can anyone describe for me what the Boston Whaler Montauk boats are? Or possibly provide a photo? Also, what are the rates? Also what are the rates for the Sea Raycers? Is it possible to reserve times in advance?

Thanks so much for all of your kind help.

Can anyone describe for me what the Boston Whaler Montauk boats are? Or possibly provide a photo? Also, what are the rates? Also what are the rates for the Sea Raycers? Is it possible to reserve times in advance?

I am going to post some pics....coming right up with answers to your questions,too!

Here's a pic showing the Whalers....they are the boats at the topmost of the marina in this pic....THey are kind of ugly IMO...

IMGP4646.jpg

Here's a pic looking down on the pontoon boats....

IMGP4648-1.jpg

I cannot tell you exact cost...that is something I am going to photo when we go in July - the marina sign showing rates. I believe both the pontoons and the Boston Whalers are about $45/ per half hour. We have taken both out and prefer the pontoon boats. I just found out recently that AP holders can save 15% on boat rentals. NOT specialty cruises, though. I have never had any trouble renting when we want to....I really don't think you can reserve boats. I've never found the need.

You cant book sea raycers in advance let me see what I can find for pricing. Your best bet would be to call the resort and ask to be connected to the marina.

Thanks for this info :thumbsup2
I will try and remember to take a pic of the rates when I'm there later this week :banana:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Have fun!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I just read taht discount info in my "Mickey Monitor"...I thought I had read about it before, but I never tried it. You'd have to get lucky and get a marina CM that even KNEW about it.:rotfl:

Lucky you!!! This week will fly by.:goodvibes

Channing

Channing- What do you prefer about the pontoon boats over the Montauk? My boys thought the Montauk looked faster (of course they want the faster one!) If the pontoon is better I will have to start convinving them now.
Thanks!
:) Sheli

You'd have to get lucky and get a marina CM that even KNEW about it.:rotfl:

Exactly ;)

I hope this week goes by quickly but that our trip DOESN'T :cloud9:

Please anyone and everyone let me know what info/pics you'd like for me to get while at the GF :beach:

Exactly ;)

I hope this week goes by quickly but that our trip DOESN'T :cloud9:

Please anyone and everyone know what info/pics you'd like for me to get while at the GF :beach:

If you happen to be near Narcoossee's, could you take a peek at the menu? The menu on the DIS appears to be from the Fall and on allears it's a FEb. menu. We're dining there in less than two weeks now.:cool1: I would like to make sure lobster is still on the menu as our DD is looking forward to it after a long semester of dorm food.:sad2:

But mostly, have a great time!!!:yay: :yay: I hope this week flies by for you and that vacation is perfect and slow!:wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter