• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Mckee Clan's"words can't describe how wonderful it was" Disney World Vacation. Part 5

McKeeFamily3

Knee deep in snow
Sorry it's taken me so long to get this up. I've been driving myself nuts trying to make some graphics for my website.

Ok..on with the show

Magic Kingdom and Old Key West!!

December 17th
We were up early this morning to pack up for our move to Old Key West!! Angus and I went down to the lobby to check out. On the way we saw alot of little bunny rabbits and chipmunks. Angus was thrilled because they came so close to us. They would have come even closer I think if he hadn't started to chase after them :D
Check out was a breeze. We went back upstairs and called bell service to come and collect our bags to be delivered to OKW. A little note here..if you are switching resorts and having your luggage transfered, pack a little bag with swimsuits and a change of clothes. Our bags didn't arrive at OKW until very late afternoon.
Now we were on our way to MK for our PS at Crystal Palace. This turned out to be a disater for us. First of all, we had to wait forever to be seated. We had PS for the first seating along with about 200 other people :eek: I couldn't belive it when I saw the swarms of people around the CP waiting to get in and they all had PS's! Finnally we got in and as soon as we got to our table Tigger came out. Our Waitress told us we should go up right away. He does not come to the tables and he is only out for a little while every hour. After pics and autographs we headed to the buffet. The food was Ok. The kids loved the piggles waffles though. When we got to our table we found out that all the other characters had made the rounds in our part of the dinning room while we were waiting to see tigger and getting our food :mad: This meant that we had to wait another hour before they made it back to our side again! We ate very slowly! finnally Pooh and Eeyore came to our table but there was no sign of Pigglet anywhere. We were getting ready to leave when we saw him heading to our side so we waited. When it was finnally our turn the CM's came and told him it was time to go :mad: Hannah bawled! Pigglet is her favorite!
Well after the breakfast fiasco we went over to Tommorow Land and put it all a behind us. We were in Disney World and we weren't going to let something like that ruin the day for us :)
The crowds were very light. We walked onto Astro Orbiter and Tommorow Land Speedway. Then we just walked around a little bit taking it all in. The crowds were starting to pick up when we decided to do Space Mountain. We got FP's and went on the Transit Authority. The kids loved this! Then we did the Carosel of Progress. We all enjoyed this and sang the song for the rest of the day :) It was time for our FP return time now. DH, Amber and I all wanted to ride this one but the kids were to afraid so we did baby swap. Amber and I went on first and then DH and I went on. I got to sit in the first car each time! I love roller coasters and this one was fabulous! Next we headed over to Buzz light year and again decided to go with FP as the line was quite long. By this time we were getting hungry so we went to Cosmic Rays for lunch. I guess everyone who wasnt in line for Buzz Light Year had the same Idea! It was packed!!! We finnally got our food and found tables. This was were Hannah's first tottal melt down occured. She was tired and still upset about not meeting pigglet. She got a hamburger and George put all the toppings on it for her. Well it was kind of big and kind of sloppy and she was having a very hard time eating it. She just had an out and out fit! It was time to go. On the way out we remembered that we had our FP's. Hannah had calmed down a bit by this time and said she didn't mind waiting while the others went on the ride. So Amber, George and Andrew went on Buzz Light year while I waited with Hannah and Angus. They had a blast!
Now for what we had really been waiting for..Check in at OKW!! We drove over to the resort and got all checked in. Our room wasn't ready yet so we went out to Publix to do some grocery shopping. If you need to do some grocery shopping this is the place to go. It was very easy to find. The CM at the OKW front desk drew us a map. The prices were very reasonable and there is a good selection. After we were done we headed back to see if our room was ready. It was!! We were in building 46 room 12. Very close to a pool and bus stop. It was beautiful! We got a 2 bedroom unit and let me tell you, this place was HUGE! You walk in the entry way and the 1st bedroom is off to the right. It has 2 queen beds, a full bathroom, 2 closets, a tv, a chest of drawers, 2 night tables and a regular table with 2 chairs. Down the hallway to the left of the entry way there is a laundry room with a full size washer and dryer. Further down the hall is the master bedroom. It has a King bed, Full bathroom with another room off of the bathroom for the whirlpool tub, a tv, chest of drawers, blanket chest for extra storage and 2 closets. It also has it's own door out to the balcony. The 2 bedroom unit also had a full kitchen with stove, regrig, dishwasher and all the cooking and eating utensils you need. There is also a dinning and living area. Off the living dinning area is the balcony. We had a ground level room and it was great! We spent alot of time out on the balcony just taking in the scenery and relaxing. By the time we got settled in it was time for dinner. I made tacos and Amber cleaned up :D She was great through out the whole trip. She helped me with the kids a great deal and also with things like helping to do dishes and laundry and everything else.
We had planned on going back to MK for the Parade and fireworks but the kids were to tuckered out. We decided to just stay at home and relax. The kids and Amber went to bed early and DH and I sat outside and talked and enjoyed the peace and quiet.
It wasnt' the best day but it was still memorable and we stil enjoyed ourselves.

Next, part 6 MGM

tink07.gif

<font color=red>FIRST TIME TO WDW!Port Orleans December 15-16!! OKW DECEMBER 17-22!!</font>

[This message was edited by McKeeFamily3 on 01-15-01 at 01:42 PM.]

Sounds like things were relatively easy at Tomorrowland, other than the line at Buzz.. OKW sounded beautiful, I have never seen that resort, thanks for sharing...

Mac-key Mouse QOBGOC
dancecindy.gif

<font color=red>Coordinator of the First Annual Official Dis Convention </font>

I'm glad to hear you loved OKW!

The 2BR is what we normally stay in, but will be in a GV in just 12 days!!

Sorry to hear you weren't able to get back to MK. I have a feeling that that's what is going to happen to us alot while down there. My kids are almost 4 and 2, and I have overloaded our itinerary!! LOL

Look forward to your next installment!

rn_pic_1.jpg

dps.jpg

DVC Member since 1995

Can't wait to read more! OKW is so wonderfully relaxing! Thanks for the tip re: luggage transfer.

dps.jpg

Pollyana..I had a jam packed itinerary. After the first day it went out the window. We just did what the kids were up for. That's who we were there for afterall :)

tink07.gif

<font color=red>FIRST TIME TO WDW!Port Orleans December 15-16!! OKW DECEMBER 17-22!!</font>

My DH and I plan on renting points in October at Boardwalk. I'm glad to hear your success story of renting points. I'm enjoying your report.

I was having so much fun reading this, hope you'll be posting the rest soon. ;)

<font color=blue font face="Lucida Calligraphy">"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"</font>

<font color=CC33CC font face="Lucida Calligraphy">Polynesian May 1985, June 1990
Grand Floridian December 1992
Beach Club May 1995, November 1997
Boardwalk Inn August 1998
Port Orleans April 1999
Boardwalk Villas August 1999
Wilderness Lodge May 2000
Old Key West July 2000
WDW Swan Oct 2001</font>

princ.gif

Fun trip report!! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed OKW. We love it there too! I also loved the photos! Thanks a bunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter