The Magic is going

Grumpy Grandad

Earning My Ears
I have just got back from a 10 day holiday in Orlando from the UK that included Disney and after many visits since 1992 I feel this will be my last. I am a big Disney fan and was really looking forward to this holiday (last one was 2012) but the direction they seem to be going does not really interest me. First off it was extremely hot as expected and all the parks were heaving, more visitors than I have ever seen.
Now I agree the money making machine has to be constantly updated to attract more visitors but all my favorite rides have gone, Universe of Energy, Studio back lot tour and The great movie ride. The new rides just don't do it for me, firstly Pandora in Animal Kingdom ( yes it does look like an Album cover by UK artist Roger Dean) lots of clever work that dosen't really do anything and the boat ride was just a load of fluorescent paint and a blue creature waving its arms and moaning (just like me). The steam train is out for two years at the Magic Kingdom so Tron can be built (not excited) and you are getting Ratatouille at Epcot, I went on this in Paris and didn't think much of this either and I wont say anything about Star Wars.
Disney Springs, although needing a make over it now looks like a huge out of town shopping centre with its giant car parks
Now I cannot say I will not be back in the future but it would be nice for all the old rides to be put in a new Disney museum park just for oldies like me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter