The little things make a big difference...

bazzanoid

where'sthespacebar?
Here's what I've seen in my two weeks at WDW... not much, but the little things all add up...

"surprise fastpass" on multiple ocassions - when you FP one ride, the system randomly gives an FP for a different ride, valid for use from now until the time on the FP you originally wanted...

free lockers - we experienced this on the first day - only had to pay $2 deposit, which naturally comes back anyway!

free ice cream - a young child in front of me got his mickey bar for free by correctly identifying a character on a card - it was Chip from B&B.

free breakfast!!!! we were at Donald's one morning for the breakfast buffet, requested the check, and was presented with the check in the wallet as normal - imagine our surprise when the total was zero!

As I said, not much, but it makes a big difference to bringing the pixie dust to someone's day!

wow! Those are big things to me!!!!!!!! How neat! I just can't wait!

Where you on the dining plan by chance? Just curious if we have a chance at that too..

Wow.. are lockers free for everyone.. or was that just for you?

We wasn't on the dining plan, and the lockers were only free for us - one of the more 'random' prizes

Last week while checking out at the register at SSR I mentioned that we must have been put on someone's "bad" list as things weren't going just right. Not a big deal just a few little annoyances...Anyhow the cashier apologized for the bad day (not his fault by any means) and then asked if my 2 grandsons wanted to sign Mickey's autograph book. They did and he presented them with a YOMD certificate. This kind little gesture turned our whole day around. We had been up since 2:45am and here it was 7:30pm and this kind CM changed everything! :wizard: I could have hugged this guy but was afraid that I would have started to cry...My daughter went back to him afterwards and thanked him again for making our day. She said the CM was surprised that she had done that but he'll never really know how he made a difference to us... :love:

I really think Disney is taking full advantage of this promo to RE-EXTEND their magic that has been slipping in the past.

They are giving out more smaller dream to the masses and this is what people want.Yes I would like to have the SSR points but the small things are really great as well.

Cudoes to Disney and the CM's for taking it by the horns and running with it.

My daughter was chosen by a CM and given 2 special Tinkerbell pins. The CM said only 1 pin is given out every hour and this is the only way to get this particular pin. My daughters job was to give the 2nd pin to someone that caught her eye sometime that day. She chose a very nice lady that stood and talked to her while waiting in line for Space Mountain. It made my DD so happy that someone chose her for a "special" task. The CM made this all sound so exciting to my 9yr old DD. Sometimes something so small can make someones day Dreamy.

Absolutely! How awesome. These may not be "official" prizes for YOAMD, but that doesn't matter to the recipients of these magical moments. IMO, I agree with the previous poster about how this type of customer service is restoring what has been missing from the disney experience. Kudos to disney for making their guests feel so special! These dreams barely cost disney anything, and look at the return they have - making the guest feel important goes a long way.

My son and daughter were chosen to decorate a small rice crispy Mickey at the Main Street Confectionary. The CMs gave them chef hats and they put on the aprons. The CMs also took their picture and gave them a certificate.

It was really a surprise and nice for them.

WE just returned from Disney (were there from 10/19 - 10/28) and had a few special moments too.

At Epcot, my husband was waiting in line for that ride about Norway while I ran into Kringla to see what that school bread looked like. I looked out the window while waiting in my line, to see my DH talking to a CM out of line. I ran out to see what the problem was and they chose our family as "Honorary Vikings". We got to walk to the front (45 wait in stand-by) and were the only riders on our ship. At the end, each of our boys got certificates.

At Animal Kingdon, we were walking on the Pangani (sp?) jungle trek and they stopped everyone. They then announced that all of us (about 25-30) won the special YOAMD lanyards with the 2 non-purchasable pins. Cool!

Lastly, at MK we were getting in line for Pirates of the Carribean when a CM stopped us and asked how many were in our party. He then talked to my DS4 and made him a Pirate Captain, gave him a treasure map and we were again walked to the front of the line and rode the ride. At the end, we turned in the treasure map and the CM gave my DS4 a parrot filled with some gold coins, stickers and tatoos.

In addition, we were celebrating my DS9's bday and he received a free ice cream bar at AK, a pin from one on the CM's (he couldn't decided what to trade so she just gave it to him), and my DS4 got another certificate for his first time touching a snake in AK, we also got a certificate in AK for "being the most prepared family for a 2 week safari" which they put in our stroller and I didn't see until I was cleaning out my bag when we got back to the hotel that night.

Those things really made our days!

cybilx2 said:
My daughter was chosen by a CM and given 2 special Tinkerbell pins. The CM said only 1 pin is given out every hour and this is the only way to get this particular pin. My daughters job was to give the 2nd pin to someone that caught her eye sometime that day. She chose a very nice lady that stood and talked to her while waiting in line for Space Mountain. It made my DD so happy that someone chose her for a "special" task. The CM made this all sound so exciting to my 9yr old DD. Sometimes something so small can make someones day Dreamy.

This happened to my DD too last week. She picked up a piece of trash she saw on the ground and put it in the trash can. A CM approached her and gave her the pins for being so thoughtful. DD was thrilled and couldn't wait to find someone doing something special so she could give away the second pin.

IckyMickey said:
we also got a certificate in AK for "being the most prepared family for a 2 week safari" which they put in our stroller and I didn't see until I was cleaning out my bag when we got back to the hotel that night.
:lmao: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!