The Lillie Belle

YesDear

<font color=red>Admired by the Tag Fairy for such
The Lillie Belle train car at Disneyland is the car that Walt built for Lillian his wife. He never got to ride it because he died before it was finished. Lillian used it until her death to ride celebrities and royalty. It sat in a warehouse for years. It has been refurbished and now is used on a limited basis. It is never used if it rains to protect the carpets. You have to reserve a seat and it is very limited. We got to ride on Monday. Very hard to take pictures with others on the train. I hope you like what I was able to take.

JWM_0746 by jwm6780, on Flickr

JWM_0772 by jwm6780, on Flickr

JWM_0756 by jwm6780, on Flickr

JWM_0767 by jwm6780, on Flickr

JWM_0762 by jwm6780, on Flickr

JWM_0750 by jwm6780, on Flickr

JWM_0776 by jwm6780, on Flickr

JWM_0779 by jwm6780, on Flickr

Awesome Pix!! Thanks for posting!!! My DH and DS took the Behind the Steam Trains tour so they would love to see this!

Marlton Mom

Stunning, this is very cool. Thank you for sharing it with us.

That's awesome! What a cool thing to get to do.

Thank you for the beautiful pictures. My family was lucky enough to ride in the Lillie Belle a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

to ride the Lillie Belle you go to the train station first thing upon arrival and ask to have your name put on the list. They will tell you when to come back.

Tom: No Club 33. We have not developed our Disneyland contacts enough to get to go! On the bucket list though!!

We rode it as well last summer. I love how the lamps come on in the tunnels. Also if you ask they will show you the photograph album in the car of Walt and his trains. I think the name is spelled Lilly Belle on the car.

If you take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour you get to see the inside waiting room and elevator of Club 33. Great Tour. I almost teared up at the end. I'm man enough to say.

If you take the Hollywood Tour of Adventures by Disney you get to go inside Walt's apartment in Disneyland and go into the studios in Burbank. Maybe someday.

Great shots by the way.

Thanks for sharing your really good photos of a fascinating subject! You are having too much fun! ;)

to ride the Lillie Belle you go to the train station first thing upon arrival and ask to have your name put on the list. They will tell you when to come back.

Tom: No Club 33. We have not developed our Disneyland contacts enough to get to go! On the bucket list though!!

Thanks! We'll be there for 3 days so hopefully it will work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter