the LAUNDRY??? would/should we ask to be near

edk35

DIS Veteran
where the washers and dryers are...or do you think that it would be noisy outside the hotel rooms where these are??. I am thinking of asking where they are in our hotel...SOG. I plan on doing laundry mid way through the week we are there.....

Denise

I'd think that there'd be a lot of traffic at all hours given that you have people from all over the world staying there.

If you are just doing laundry once during your trip, I would guess that being far from the laundry room would not be that big of a deal. If you are doing laundry every other day, or something, then maybe being closer bceomes an advantage. I would suggest buying a mesh pop-up laundry basket. You can get them at Target for cheap. They fold up flat, in a circle, for easy packing. They have handles. Ours is double-sided: one side for darks and one for whites. We open it up and put it in the closet when we arrive, and then toss our dirty laundry in it each day. When we are ready to do laundry, we easily carry it to and from the laundry room. We travel about 3x per year, and prefer packing light and doing laundry on our trips. I couldn't get along without my pop-up laundry basket!

I would not ask to be close to them. We did laundry once during our trip and we just went and hung out by the pool during this time. Worked out well.

WOW that sounds neat. Do they fit in your suitcase?? We are flying. I always end up doing laundry at least once.....even though with a family of 5 I do it most days every day here at home. I called and it is on the 3rd floor...we are requesting the 5th floor. So hopefully that won't be too bad a hike. Also if you are doing a loads every other day....when do you do it?? It seems we are always so busy when we are at WDW.

I have a pop up hamper that folds flat. We take it whenever we go away even for a weekend. It takes up almost no room in a suitcase. I can't remember where I bought it, though, but I've seen them also at Meijer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter