The Kitchen Sink ?

KYCruiseCrazy

<font color=blue>I'll be drooling and dreaming<br>
ok...... i saw this dessert on the travel channel and was wondering if it is worth getting or not? and is it hard to find the beaches and cream ice cream place at beaches resort? thanks for all your help

We havent had it personally..but have seen people order it...ITS HUGE!!!

Here is it on there Menu.

As for access just take a boat to the resort and head to the Resturant

I've never had it, but I've seen people get the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream. The cast members there make a big deal about it. It's almost as much fun to watch as it would be to eat! You'll need a big group to eat it (or a small group of really hungry people), though - it's huge!

We had this on our last trip in July. We ordered it for me hubby and 3 kids 4 and under. We did not even make a dent in it. it was HUGE!! But the look on my kids face when they realized it was for them was price less. I really did not think it was that expensive considering it was about $21. I figured that if I bought us sundaes and cones it would be about that much. It was really good and I would definately order it again. They do a really cute presentation where they announce it and turn down the lights. Well worth the money.

We ordered it last May for just DH and myself. It was definitely worth it for the experience itself! They flash the lights, announce the sundae, and everyone claps. Besides, it's not unreasonable to spend about $22 for 2 sundaes to stuff 2 people full. And now I've heard a tip from these boards-take a ziplock baggie and bring the brownie, milky way bar, etc. back to your room for snacks later. After all, they'll just get thrown away otherwise. Can't wait to have one again!

Do you think that would be a good treat for a family gathering (10 adults and 4 kids ages 8, 3, 2 and 6 mos.)

Looking for something fun! Just a little treat for the end of the night during a family gathering.

Would we need to order 1 or 2?

Couldn't eat it all but we sure enjoyed trying.:wave2:

Haven't tried it, but from what I have read here, you need about 5
hungry people to eat it before it all turns to mush. With a large group, maybe you start by ordering one, then see what happens:D

Gracious but was that HUGE when we saw it a B&C. We didn't order it , but about 5 tables did while we were there. It was a big production and the little ones were able to help create it by oputting the toppings on. Most of the tables finished it, but there were several people and one was a table of teens (they can eat a lot). We couldn't even eat the sundae we shared (after a split meal), let alone the whole kitchen sink!! :eek:

When we went on our trip back in April we had ice cream there a few times. The lady at the take out line said she has been working there for 5 years and has not seen a group finish it yet!

She said it's made with two scoops of every flavor they have. (if you have ever ordered the one scoop you know how big the scoop is!!) One can of whip cream and every topping they have!

I have wondered about something. We arrive after dinner time. Before we check into the WL can we drive to B&C? How would i get there, location i mean i have no idea where it's at. Can someone offer thoughts, directions? Thanks

March of this year we tried the Kitchen Sink...

f7bbd69a.jpg

Nope we didn't finish it...but we tried...:p

Originally posted by PartyofSix
I have wondered about something. We arrive after dinner time. Before we check into the WL can we drive to B&C? How would i get there, location i mean i have no idea where it's at. Can someone offer thoughts, directions?

You can just follow the resort signs to the Beach Club (EPCOT Area)

It was fun and the kids loved it. However, the individual sundaes there taste better in my opinion. Good luck.:D

OK, there is photographic proof that a party of 5 could not finish it(although two are children). Sooooooooo, who has finished this beast, how many in your party, adults vs. children?:earsboy:

Our group of 13 is planning on ordering it in November and attempting to conquer!!!

We had it last December. Ordered it instead of dinner. Four of us: two adults, 13 yo son that eats like an adult and a 10 yo daughter. It was so good, so much fun.....we left a large portion of it!

It is absolutely massive! We all LOVE ice cream and we were like, " ok, maybe we don't want ice cream for awhile".

I would definately recommend it because it is so much fun! I have some great pictures - before and after. The CM who served us took our picture. I have a hilarious picture of my kids with these "after the party" looks on their faces. They intentionly looked worse than it was. But it is priceless (to me).

I would love to post the pictures, but I can't. Says I'm not allowed to post pictures. How do I get where I can post pictures?

Originally posted by PartyofSix
I have wondered about something. We arrive after dinner time. Before we check into the WL can we drive to B&C? How would i get there, location i mean i have no idea where it's at. Can someone offer thoughts, directions? Thanks

You go to the Beach Club or Yacht Club. Both resorts are joined by the Stormalong Bay Pool Complex. Beaches & Cream is located outside the resort along side the pool. It's near the exercise room and the arcade.

It's very small and there aren't alot of tables and even fewer booths. But the food was very good. My suggestion is to go to enjoy the ice cream. We ate lunch first and then ordered the Kitchen Sink. (Which I also thought was very well priced if you think about ordering 4 separate desserts for each person in my party.) But we hardly made a dent in it.

The kids loved it! But even if you don't get the Kitchen Sink, the other sundaes and ice cream treats looked awesome!:teeth:

We're going to try the kitchen sink next month, but I wonder if you can substitue a flavor you like for one you don't( none of us like mint chocolate chip or coffee ice cream). Anyone ever try that or eliminate a topping you don't like?

I have a similar question to Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo. My DS's don't like cream so can you order it without?

Do you mean whipped cream when you say that your daughters don't like cream? I'm sure you can order without that...I was wondering if you meant that they didn't like ice cream which seemed kind of silly! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter