The 'I survived SDL's Opening Day' TR!

As Wendy has already clarified, the ticket exchange process is now very quick and easy. Just walk right up to the turnstiles with your print out and your passport, and they will exchange it for an actual ticket. Very painless.

Ha ha and now I know what the Tarzan show is all about. I didn't end up taking pics from our side position as I figured we were also too far back but seeing yours wish I'd tried for one or two.

I'm so far behind on these threads, I have so far managed to only have a quick scan through your pics - which are awesome by the way.
It's wonderful that you have had the chance to visit twice in such a short period of time. Where is the next trip too?

Ha ha and now I know what the Tarzan show is all about. I didn't end up taking pics from our side position as I figured we were also too far back but seeing yours wish I'd tried for one or two.

I really only took those as I felt like I should document everything for people to see. Usually I don't bother trying to take photos during indoor shows (and I didn't on our last trip).

I'm so far behind on these threads, I have so far managed to only have a quick scan through your pics - which are awesome by the way.
It's wonderful that you have had the chance to visit twice in such a short period of time. Where is the next trip too?

Yes, I am a lucky girl! Unfortunately my luck has run out and I'll have to take my own travel hiatus for the next few years. I have grand plans for 2023, and may be able to get one or two little trips in between now and then.

I am intrigued! Where to in 6 years?

I am in the very early stages of planning an epic 40th birthday, participating in all the Disney running events offered in September. Based on the historical timetable for September, I'll be starting at DLR with a 5k, 10k and half marathon, then head to HKDL for a 5k and 10k, and finish off with a 5k, 10k and half marathon in Paris. I'll be trying to spend at least a couple of days at each park on my way around the world, and trying to figure out how to incorporate a half marathon at WDW as well so that I can earn my Coast 2 Coast medal!

Don't want to get too side-tracked in this TR though - I'll probably start a new thread eventually in the RunDisney board.

Ok. Time to finish off this TR before I get confused about what happened on which trip lol! I won't include as much detail going forward, or bother to edit my photos, in the interest of getting it out as quickly as I can.

After Tarzan, I had a little wander around the area, and checked out Roaring Rapids (which by that time had about a 2 1/2 hour wait time).

28112587791_8725517700_z.jpg

28112575151_184185b5de_z.jpg

I decided to have an early lunch at Barbossa's, hoping to beat the majority of the crowds. It wasn't too badly crowded, but there was no chance of me finding seating in the waterside area!

28156690736_98f87deebd_z.jpg

I had the ribs, which came with rice and corn on the cob. The ribs were delicious, and I also enjoyed the rice, but the corn left a little to be desired. I should also point out that this wasn't a cheap meal. With the exchange rate at the time, it came to nearly AUD $20.

27575371583_06ff34709e_z.jpg

27909724140_59a6e35b94_z.jpg

The theming in this restaurant is just wonderful - definitely the best I've seen.

28087048592_6237051c9b_z.jpg

28190819815_5999627b1a_z.jpg

28190815885_a6d1f56c69_z.jpg

28087020102_09d73d6480_z.jpg

28190794545_e559f792dd_z.jpg

28112804961_e95d510985_z.jpg

After lunch I spent some time just checking out Treasure Cove and the various walkthrough attractions. It was getting hot and crowded, and as such, even the walkthrough attractions with no queue were getting tiresome.

28156608246_1093896698_z.jpg

28112760951_ca57f9344b_z.jpg

28190735345_9ba3eccc53_z.jpg

27574971864_41e14e8fd8_z.jpg

27575540163_4a1f7d26cf_z.jpg

28113024441_3e9687ee9c_z.jpg

28190972375_4dbdcf65b6_z.jpg

27575243214_6ae2132a66_z.jpg

27575221784_8a13f31edf_z.jpg

27575481393_b051af2bd1_z.jpg

27909863830_1567bf5090_z.jpg

27575199554_c7ddcb793c_z.jpg

After spending so much time in Treasure Cove, I was keen to explore more of Adventure Isle. Love the little rock sculptures they've got everywhere!

My first stop was the Happy Circle character spot for meeting some Jungle Book characters. This was one of my favourite attractions on this visit. There was never any line, and inside was shady and cool. I also had great interactions with the characters and other CMs here.

The wait time for the Challenge Trails had blown out to over an hour, but I decided to check out Camp Discovery anyway.

This was a very pleasant place to be. The crowds were low (except for the line for the Challenge Trails), there was plenty to see and do, the people watching opportunities were fantastic, and inside the caves (especially near the waterfalls) was lovely and cool.

For those attempting the Challenge Trails, be aware that you are not allowed to take cameras or phones with you. However, if you have someone not doing the trails, they will be able to look out for you along the way and get some good photos from the ground.

After a bit of hard going for the previous couple of hours, I actually left this area feeling somewhat refreshed and ready to attempt a bit more sightseeing. On the way out, I found some more rock sculptures.

My plan was to visit Pooh (as I was Disneybounding as him today), then leisurely make my way out of the park and back to the hotel for a break from the heat and the crowds.

There were only a few people in line for Pooh, who was currently on a break. Despite this, it was only a 5-10 minute wait all up. Unfortunately Pooh and his handlers didn't seem to 'get' my outfit, and I left the area a little disappointed with my interactions and with my photos.

I made my way back to the park entrance through the castle, where the halls were lined with people trying to escape the heat.

On the way out, I came across a CM who was taking photos of another group in front of the castle, so I asked if he would take one of me too. He kind of sighed and looked a bit grumpy about the whole situation, but took the photo for me anyway. All other CMs that I encountered were very friendly and seemed happy to be part of the excitement.

Walking down Mickey Avenue, I took the opportunity to focus on some of the details on the shop buildings.

And the pretty gardens around the 'Town Square' area.

I spied Pluto out for greetings here, so I jumped in line. Again, about a 5 minute wait, if that.

It was a picture well worth waiting for, with the beautiful castle in the background.

Just a couple of last photo stops on the way out.

Then it was off to bus stop for my ride back to the hotel.

There were only a few people in line for Pooh, who was currently on a break. Despite this, it was only a 5-10 minute wait all up. Unfortunately Pooh and his handlers didn't seem to 'get' my outfit, and I left the area a little disappointed with my interactions and with my photos.

I think I can see why they didn't "get" your outfit. You missed the black nose!!!!

:rotfl2:

Seriously??? They didn't get the Poohness of what you were wearing???? Maybe if you tried it again, they might!!!

Great pic with Pluto down the "Square".

Seriously??? They didn't get the Poohness of what you were wearing???? Maybe if you tried it again, they might!!!

Haha yeah, I would have thought if nothing else the Tigger earrings and Piglet tsum tsum on my handbag would have given it away.

Spoiler alert... I did try again lol! Still didn't get much from Pooh. Interestingly enough though, I did get some interaction from Baloo on my outfit.

I soon arrived back at my hotel for a little rest.

I decided to take a quick look around while I was there, since I hadn't really seen much of it yet.

I headed down to the Sunnyside Marketplace to see if there was anything suitable to take back to my room for afternoon tea. I ended up with an ice-cream sandwich, which did the job deliciously.

I relaxed in my room for half an hour or so, checked my emails and facebook, posted a new status so people back home wouldn't worry etc.

I had plans to head back to Pooh Bear for another visit, and he was due to finish up at around 5:30pm I think, so from memory I headed back out at around 4pm. I set off at a leisurely pace, taking plenty of photos along the way.

In the courtyard, Woody and Jessie were literally just standing around with nothing to do, so I went and had a few photos with them. When I left, they went back to twiddling their fingers lol!

Then it was time to get on the bus to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter