The "I lied to get an ADR" thread

biscuitgirl

Mouseketeer
I don't know how bad this is, but I read in a guide book that if they don't have an ADR available for your party size, then to ask for a larger party size table. I wanted to get an ADR for Narcoossee's at 7:30 for a party of 2, but they didn't have one until 8:30. So then I asked for a party of 3, and they had one at 7:10. So I took it! Has anyone else done this? Are they going to kill me when I show up for my ADR with only 2 people instead 3? :listen:

They'll probably make you eat twice as much. :rotfl2:

Seriously, no they will seat you at the next available table for two without complaint.

I'm pretty sure your life is safe. ;) The key issue here is where you draw your own morality. If somebody believes that lies are bad, then this situation might make them a little mad and perhaps flame-happy. :furious: If somebody believes that little lies aren't a big deal and that it's just a table, then they'll be here telling you to enjoy your dinner and well done for being crafty. ::yes:: If somebody is of a more guilty temperament, then they might think that lying over a table is a little silly and would feel bad about preventing a party of four to have a table at all. :worried: And then again, if somebody has saved up for a trip and is trying to plan a special evening for someone they love, then I think anybody could forgive them a little white lie. :) (Just don't make a habit of it. :rotfl: ) I hope you and yours have a wonderful magical evening. :cutie:

I have never done this BUT a CM did this for me (without me asking) so I could get into Cape May for breakfast. She said there was nothing open for 2 but she put us as a 3 ressie so we could get in.

When we finally checked in at Cape May 6 months later the hostess had was in a snit because we were just 2. She kept making comments that she was wasting a booth on a party for 2. Then the waiter came over and said why are there just 2 of you, the ressie slip says there are supposed to be 3...he gave us an attitude the entire time and it really ticked off DH.

IMO- enjoy your dinner...but that's me...others may see this as a flammable offense. Essentially what they will do is seat you at a 4 top table perhaps. The system of ADRs and the # of tables they have available is a bit odd and stringent.

I FREAKED out last year when we had 6 guests and booked Narcoossees. Then we had to ADD 1 more person. Disney Dining would NOT allow it. I was crying....THEN...I got the phone # to Narcoossees Directly- the manager added in 1 person NO problem AT ALL. I thanked her over and over and over again! She acted like she didn't even do me a favor- like if I had showed up with 7, they would have seated us without a second thought.

The problem IMO- is that the ADR system is stringent, but tables can be moved, changed around...

I read somewhere (this or one of the many other Disney boards) that the reservation system for ADRs is "flawed" in that if you ask for a table for two and there isn't one available specifically for that number, it will say that none are available when a table that will seat three (and easily accomodate two) is sitting there empty. It suggested that you should always ask this question whenever you call for ADRs and are turned down for your exact party size.

Actually went back and found the thread on DIS Boards. I think it is tip number 5.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/reservations.htm

To book what you want they have a rule 180 plus days from date of arrival so i lied what date i was checking in and will change it later and the lady i talked today said they can't the ressie away from me.

Pshhh... make a reservation for 3!!!! Why the heck not??

I can't believe that there were actually CM's that gave people crap about this - you'd think they'd have bigger problems on their plate!

I would totally do this - and if you think that you might get a hard time for it.... say that you're 3rd person came down with the flu!!

To book what you want they have a rule 180 plus days from date of arrival so i lied what date i was checking in and will change it later and the lady i talked today said they can't the ressie away from me.

I gotta wonder how common this is. Do they check your ressie when you book for ADRs? Are you booked onsite?

I really want to get LeCellier for 2009...we haven't been able to eat their due to the ADR system not having any availability. I wonder if lying about onsite ressies is common. The rule is 180 plus 10 so technically 190 days possible. If I said I am staying onsite from October 1 to October 10th, but am really only staying October 6-10, could I just call and book 1 ressie for the 10th, hence booking LeCellier on the 190th day?

I doubt I would ever do this b/c I'm not one to try and beat the system, but not being able to get LeCellier EVER, is pissing me off. :( I'm beginning to wonder if everyone else that is getting it is lying or cheating the system like you did somehow. and yes...I've tried for lunch and dinner times, ANY time AT ALL....no availability.

Making ADRs at WDW is like playing a game where you have to role the exact number on the dice to win. I think what you did is fine. :thumbsup2 If I don't get a table for 3 because of it, then maybe I should have called sooner. :)

Okay I may get the evil-eye here, I have never lied but...

I get the feeling the CM's who take our reservations do.... How can a whole restaurant book up within second's of reservations being taken??

I think it a little white lie but I am sure that they get an update of percentages or something and are only allowed to fill to a certain capacity at certain times for different group sizes to maximize profit... So the little lie is actually on us....

So don't feel bad, but don't publicize it either:lmao: :lmao:!

I gotta wonder how common this is. Do they check your ressie when you book for ADRs? Are you booked onsite?

I really want to get LeCellier for 2009...we haven't been able to eat their due to the ADR system not having any availability. I wonder if lying about onsite ressies is common. The rule is 180 plus 10 so technically 190 days possible. If I said I am staying onsite from October 1 to October 10th, but am really only staying October 6-10, could I just call and book 1 ressie for the 10th, hence booking LeCellier on the 190th day?

I doubt I would ever do this b/c I'm not one to try and beat the system, but not being able to get LeCellier EVER, is pissing me off. :( I'm beginning to wonder if everyone else that is getting it is lying or cheating the system like you did somehow. and yes...I've tried for lunch and dinner times, ANY time AT ALL....no availability.

When I booked our ADR's for past trips, they always wanted my reservation info and they confirmed the dates, so I'm not sure how you can get away with lying about the check-in date.

As for LeCellier, we got it with no problem and then were even able to get it with the Candlelight Processional package last year which I thought was really going to be tough. I did call promptly at 7am at the 180+10 mark. I think I had a trick though for getting through the phone system a little easier. I'll have to see if I can find that info - although with an Oct. trip, you're under the 180 days now anyway.

I get the feeling the CM's who take our reservations do.... How can a whole restaurant book up within second's of reservations being taken??

Fos some reason I thought I remembered hearing that the only "open" so many tables at a time so that they don't really book up everything right away. But I could be wrong.

When I called to book our ADRs the dates that we needed were not available. The CM suggested that she could just put in that we were a party of 3 so that we could get in at LeCellier and Coral Reef. Apparently this is a common practice for the CMs to do this.

I don't understand the 180 days + 10...so can I book 190 days out from my trip? So confused...help! I am planning a surprise christmas trip for my family and its a once in a life time thing for us so I want to make it perfect! Thanks guys!

Lisa:

It's 180 days prior to your date of arrival for up to 10 days of your trip. So when you call 180 days prior, you can make ADR's for every day of your trip up to a total of 10 days. If you are only staying for 7 days, you'd be able to make all your reservations at the 180 mark.

There is a chart on the main page here to determine your 180 day mark. I'll try to link it.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/pscalc/dispscalc.html

Note: not all places allow 180 day reservations, but the majority of them do. There are some which will only let you make ADR's at 90 days out.

Not my style. I just couldn't do it but that is me personally. Not trying to sound holier than though but once you lie, you're a liar. Its an unwritten rule in our family.

Okay I may get the evil-eye here, I have never lied but...

I think it a little white lie but I am sure that they get an update of percentages or something and are only allowed to fill to a certain capacity at certain times for different group sizes to maximize profit... So the little lie is actually on us....

So don't feel bad, but don't publicize it either:lmao: :lmao:!

They don't do this.

Lisa.......And to add to what kelleigh told you, and answer your original question, the 180+10 stands for the additional ten days (total of 190) you get to make ADRs when you stay on Disney property/at a Disney resort. This gives those who are staying at a Disney hotel, etc. a few extra days to get first dibs on ADRs. Sort of an incentive to "stay where you play"......and eat!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter