• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The I Hope Its Better Than Last Year Pre-trip Report!

jen_uk

<font color=6666cc>Eurovision Nut !!<font color=33
The cast:

Jen (I will be turning 30 in July :scared:)
Alex (27)

Well as you know last years August trip wasn't the greatest for us, the weather was terrible because of the tropical storms :scared1: we both got the flu and couldn't get out of bed for days :sick: and we argued like crazy!! :hyper2:

Previously we have always had an amazing time at WDW so there was no way last years trip was going to put us off going again and so we are off this August again :goodvibes

I booked a flydrive through Virgin, as I've been so many times I know I should be able to find flights alot cheaper but I always seem to end up booking with Virgin Holidays. :rolleyes:

For the first time ever I have booked a car, every year I say I am going to drive and then never do, we have always been happy with the WDW bus but it does limit how often you can go offsite. So this year I paid for the car and insurance and so now I have to drive! :drive:

We stayed at the BCV last year and loved the location but it costs loads of points to stay there, so this year I wanted to stay somewhere we could get a bit more value for our points. When I started pricing up on the DVC page I was really surprised to see that at AKV a value studio required the least points, as there are only 2 of us a value studio would be fine for us.

I rang on the 7 month day and managed to get a value no problem, I rang back each day and kept adding to our booking, however on the 13th day someone beat me to it and it was fully booked! :headache: So we have ended up with 12 nights at AKL in a dedicated value, apparently this means that we are guaranteed either a pool or a savannah view :goodvibes and the last 5 nights we are at OKW. I have never done a split stay, it will be nice to see another resort but I'm not looking forward to all the packing and unpacking :upsidedow

We have got the 21 day Ultimate WDW tackets and the Orlando Flex tickets, our plan is:

3rd August: Check in online, travel to Gatwick in the afteroon, dump the bags at check in and then stay at the Sofitel, I haven't booked this yet so this could change! We will probably have dinner at Frankie and Bennys in the eve and then try and get an early night.

4th: Fly with Virgin, collect car at MCO and have terrifying drive to AKV :scared1:

5th: Magic Kingdom, we will get there early and then leave by 2pm to go back and laze by the pool :goodvibes We have an ADR at Crystal Palace for lunch which we both love :thumbsup2

6th: Epcot, no ADRs booked, will just eat wherever we happen to be, hopefully Mexico as I love their nachos. Again we will laze by the pool in the eve and then prob go back to Epcot in the evening.

7th: Typhoon Lagoon during the day, its evening EMH at MK so we will probably go to that.

8th: Animal Kingdom, got an ADR at RFC. We are doing an Illuminations cruise in the evening which I'm really looking forward to :cool1:

9th: DHS, no ADR but will probably try to get into Hollywood and Vine for lunch.

10th: Blizzard Beach

11th: Seaworld

12th: Epcot

13th: Typhoon Lagoon

14th: Universal Studios in the day and then EMH at MK in the evening, we have an ADR at Crystal Palace for dinner

15th: Lie in after EMH!! Then shopping day

16th: Move to OKW, then go to BB or DTD

17th: Animal Kingdom, lunch at RFC

18th IOA

19th: No plans, might go to Aquatica, have never been there and I did want to go but since have heard negative reports so will see how we feel. We have an ADR for dinner at California grill and will stay to watch Wishes from the balcony :goodvibes

20th: Universal again

21st: Check out, drop bags at DTD, then will probably spend day at TL or possibly a park. Fly home :sad2:

We tend to make only rough plans, most days we get to a park early and then leave after lunch to relax by the pool and have a rest. We haven't made many plans in the evenings as I'm thinking that with a car we will venture offsite and try some different places to eat. We ususally stick to a plan for the first week and then start moving things around to fit how we feel. I haven't made many ADRs, have never had a problem getting in without one so will take it as we go, I quite fancy trying Coral Reef so will probably add that on at some point :goodvibes I think with having a car for the first time our plan will change loads!

So with 11 weeks to go, just need to pay the last little bit off the holiday, buy the suntan lotion and we are ready to go! :cool1:

Your pre trippie sounds great! we have always had a car and my DH loves driving out there he says its much better and more relaxing than driving on our roads.

We're the same as you and tend to go with the flow for the day see what the weather etc is like before we decide where to go.I'm sure you'll notice the difference with the car,you'll have so much more freedom and lots of boot space for shopping.:woohoo::woohoo:

Saw you have an adr for the Cali Grill i i love this restaurant the food and views are amazing hope you enjoy.:banana::banana:

Looks good Jen. Aquatica was fine for us but we are not really water park type of people, prefer to just go in for a couple of hours and move on. The thing is to try these places and form your own opinion like you are doing.:thumbsup2 I hope this year's holiday is better than the last one.

Great pre-trippy Jen. Your plans sound similar to ours, get to a park early, then back to the resort to relax by the pool :thumbsup2

It's amazing how much that Tropical Storm impacted our holiday last Summer, so fingers crossed that neither of us get anything like that this year

Have fun :)

I agree with just the two of you it should not be a problem getting a table. We always do some kind of split stay. I am sure you will be surprised how good it is to have a change.

Hope you have a great time.

susan

sounds great- you will love having a car. we had a car for the 1st time on our last trip and we discovered ......walmart :worship::rotfl: and target :worship: and many other fun places to go outside disney. I always shop around for flights and always end up with virgin too :goodvibes

Your plans sounds great Jen.

I drove for the first time in December - I will never go without a car again!!! It is so easy.....just don't break the speed limit like I did, it's easy to do as the speed limit changes up & down on different sections of the freeway. I wasn't aware of that until the policeman pulled me over. :lmao:

I finally got round to booking the Sofitel for the night before, so we will leave for Gatwick as soon as Alex finishes work and should be there by 6pm, we will do the bag drop at Virgin and then have a nice meal and an early night. :cool1:

Sounds fab, Jen!!! :yay: I hope you both have a really wonderful time... :hug:

My guess is you'll appreciate the car. ::yes:: I opted not to drive (DH always took care of it) until my 2nd Girls Only trip with DD in 2007 and it was so great to have that extra freedom and flexibility!!! Wouldn't be without a car now... :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

I finally paid off the holiday!! Yaaaaaay!! :cool1:

I'm going to buy some Dollars today as well, with the rate at 1.60 I wish I could buy most of them but I'm having to buy some every pay day till we go :rolleyes:

I've started buying little bits and over the next few weeks I will get the suntan lotion and other stuff we need :banana:

9 weeks and 3 days to go!!! :dance3:

Well done on being paid up, makes it seem more 'real' I think :goodvibes You'll love having the car, it does spoil you though..! ;) :laughing:

Sounds great to me Jen :thumbsup2,i love it when a holiday is finally paid up :cool1:.
As for driving i am sure you will be fine,as long as you take no tips from Claire- Pinky166,she only knows how to break the speed limit and get pulled over :rolleyes1 :lmao: (only joking Claire :goodvibes).
I hope this holiday is alot more 'fun' than the last one-i am sure it will be :thumbsup2.x.

It all sounds wonderful - hope the weather behaves itself this year for you!
I wouldn't enjoy being there in a tropical storm either:scared1: Look forward to your adventures!

Hey hun,

oohh good on you for driving. i have done it before and yes it was a lot easier than i worked myself up to think it would be, but i havent had the nerve to give it another go since:cool1:I think its the car controls that put me off, with the hand brake as a lever etc just take your time to learn the layout of the car and you will be well away. think it took me all of 5 minutes to feel comfortable;)

very jealous you got cali Grill, i still cant get it for my trip, it is so gorgeous up there. and i think your right about ADRs, if you're willing to compromise and see whats going then you will always get in somewhere.

i am sending you tons of pixiedust and luck vibes for no illness and no storms!!
hugs xx

After playing on the new ADR system I've made another two reservations, one for dinner at the Garden Grill and another for lunch at Hollywood and Vine. We tend to go to buffets as there is a better vegetarian selection at them for me :goodvibes

6 weeks and 4 days to go!! :banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter