The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back yesterday and my boys played in the kiddie pool twice during the week. I noticed it was closed a couple mornings, but was always open when we got back in the afternoon.

Thank you, it's good to know they finally opened it.

MINIE&NANA: thanks for the info. on location....I'm not sure if we are standard or preferred...I will look into it. You're right though...either way they will be good rooms. What is in between the 70's building....is that a pool?

Wow! I was so behind and super surprised to find a whole new thread started. LOL! All caught up now!

I just booked a stay at Pop over All Star Movies today, largely because DD wanted to get Frozen Coke in her refillable mug (we're doing QSD this time). As Homer Simpson would say, "DOH!" But thanks for maintaining this thread. Better to know about this now than face disappointment the first time we walk into Everything Pop. Oh well...

You do know that the frozen coke machine has been replaced with tea ones right? Just being sure. Alot of people are upset about that, but some really like the tea. For me, I like neither. LOL!

For those worried about safety, I never go alone, but I do walk the resort at night or early mornings alone and have never even given safety a second thought. It is peaceful and very safe feeling to me.

I had posted in the last thread about staying at POP or moving to a slighter larger moderate room for my family. After reading through a lot of the POP thread, we decided to pay a little bit more and get 2 rooms at POP! We go in August, can't wait!! Just hope we get the connecting room request :)

Thanks for the great information!

You can get the fax # of the first page of this thread. I faxed my request for adjoining rooms 72 hours before we were to check in and there were no problems! :surfweb:

Wow! I was so behind and super surprised to find a whole new thread started. LOL! All caught up now!

You do know that the frozen coke machine has been replaced with tea ones right? Just being sure. Alot of people are upset about that, but some really like the tea. For me, I like neither. LOL!

For those worried about safety, I never go alone, but I do walk the resort at night or early mornings alone and have never even given safety a second thought. It is peaceful and very safe feeling to me.

Are the new machines frozen tea or just regular tea machines? I have only had frozen sweet tea one time traveling through N. Carolina and we LOVED it:love: . We had never seen one before and haven't seen one since.
I hope it is a frozen tea machine.

Same here. I can not wait for December 7th. Even though I'll probably get there around 2 pm, I plan to spend the rest of the day just taking pictures of Pop. I can't wait to have that amazing Asian Chicken Salad or the Chicken Penne Alfredo. I booked quite awhile ago with Dreams but recently added an extra night and room location requests. I'm hoping to stay 4th floor (quiet), 50's (location and style), and pool view (better security instead of being on the back side) :santa:

It looks like a few of us Dissers will be at POP in December. My family will be there starting the 10th. It is our first stay at POP. We requested connecting rooms, non preferred. Can't wait!!!:santa::santa::santa:

It looks like a few of us Dissers will be at POP in December. My family will be there starting the 10th. It is our first stay at POP. We requested connecting rooms, non preferred. Can't wait!!!:santa::santa::santa:

We (DM62, DS12, Me) will be there Dec. 12-19 :cool1: Last year was our first stay at POP. We really enjoyed ourselves! We've stayed at all the Mods and the biggest difference to us was no frige or coffee maker. We made due with a styrofoam cooler and brought a coffee maker from home. Have a great trip :thumbsup2

What is in between the 70's building....is that a pool?

Nope, not a pool as EpcotBill said. But the Goofy Jets are right in the area and your boys might enjoy them nearly as much as a pool.

Which jogged my memory about one of our favorite locations that might interest you. It's in the 70s Big Wheel building. If you refer to the map that Minnie&Nana posted for rooms 0101-0472 you'll see the rooms 0437, 8, 9...are highlighted and therefore preferred rooms. You can see they overlook a little park-like area. That little open square-shaped area is the playground. If you follow that path a little further you'll come out near the Goofy Jets and the Twister Game (and you're just a hop,skip n jump from the Hippy Dippy Pool and Everything Pop!)

The good thing is the rooms on the other side of the building are non-preferred. So if you are in 0435 or 36 you are literally just steps away from the same staircase that you would take if you were in the preferred rooms on the other side - without paying extra.

We stayed there twice (0435 and 0436) and loved it - quiet, with a playground and activities close by and not too far from all the action. It's a great place for kids who still need to nap and/or need a little space to "just play."

Just a thought...:)

Yikes:scared1: I'm gone 2 days and you guys have started a new thread and are already on page 5.

Buckeye girl:worship: for your hard work and sorry about the job. A wonder window is getting ready to open up for you so pay attention to any new breeze you feel blowing in your direction.

We (DM62, DS12, Me) will be there Dec. 12-19 :cool1: Last year was our first stay at POP. We really enjoyed ourselves! We've stayed at all the Mods and the biggest difference to us was no frige or coffee maker. We made due with a styrofoam cooler and brought a coffee maker from home. Have a great trip :thumbsup2

I'll have my LGMH on my bags and stroller.;) Maybe we will pass each other:thumbsup2

I wish I was going then...That is DD's b-day!

They didnt happen to add sweet tea with the new machines did they? That is one of my very few gripes about WDW (and most of FL) is that they dont have sweet tea available.

Yes they did! I'm very happy too - I love iced tea, but it's not usually sweetened at the restaurants, so I drink pink lemonade for a week straight. :scared:

They didnt happen to add sweet tea with the new machines did they?.....

I see ZeroToHero gave you the good news. :)

For further reference, here's what I have in Post #1 in relation to the refillable mugs:

• includes unlimited refills on the following: basic coffee, soda (Coke products: Coca-Cola, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Sprite, Sprite Zero), Fruit Punch Powerade, Minute Maid Light lemonade (there is no lemonade available that doesn't contain artificial sweetener), cold Gold Peak tea (black (aka regular) sweetened, black unsweetened, green sweetened, and white citrus), hot tea, and hot cocoa

They didnt happen to add sweet tea with the new machines did they? That is one of my very few gripes about WDW (and most of FL) is that they dont have sweet tea available.

Oops, I read the first post and it confirmed that they do now have Gold Peak sweet tea. Its not fresh brewed but I'll take it!!

Okay I followed the link !!I think I have been on all 3 !! Does that make me a vet or what!!!:lmao: Now to read Chapter 3!!!!:surfweb:

I go solo evrey year nd request 1st floor have been both lakeside and poolside !! Neverbeen afraid or had a problem!! Now when I go with family they do NOT want first floor !! So our request this year is 60's connecting not 1st !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter