The Great FP Mystery of 2018

Thanks for starting this thread. I had to consider something like this when we were planning our Christmas trip. We were there for last two weeks in December.

There was a prevailing wisdom on the board that said get FP+ early so that we could grab "the 4th FP+". It didn't make any sense to me, particularly on a busy day. And then I was seeing FoP FP+ threads where you couldn't get anything at 60 days. So I was already predisposed to thinking that 4th FP+ would be relegated to second or third tier rides.

This thread was invaluable:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/
...particularly the "Suggested Priorities"

So I saw two options. Get FP+ early in the morning to maximize ability to get 4th FP+. The downside seemed to be that I'd be wasting time on FP+ rides that I could use to rush other rides. Or get FP+ in the late morning/early afternoon and use the morning to rush other rides when I was competing with fewer park guests.

We were staying onsite and would always rope drop the EMH park. We'd pretty much reserve an "A" level FP+ before we left. Our general strategy:
8:00AM EMH:
RD "A" level ride we didn't have FP+ for.
Continue to ride "A"/"B" in Fantasyland/Tomorrowland until 8:50AM.
9:00AM Opening:
RD Frontierland mountain range.
Continue to ride "A"/"B" in Frontierland/Adventureland
10:00AM
"A" level FP+
"B"/"C" levels to fill hour
11:00AM
"A" level FP+
12:00PM
Lunch
1:00PM
"A" level FP+
"C" levels / Shows
Start looking for 4th FP+

...so by the time that we were looking, the 4th FP+ was pretty slim pickings.

FP Experience Rating: Not Great
Phone Type (iPhone, Android, Windows): iPhone 6s
Browser or App (if Browser Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or other): MDX
Do you have APs: No
Approximate level of crowds when you go (Holiday, Busy, Manageable): Christmas Holiday
Number of FPs you are typically looking for: 5
Any other info you think might be relevant:

With the cost of the FP for the CL guest I'm going to guess that will not take enough FP to make any difference whatsoever. Truly a needle's worth out of the haystack.

Right now I totally agree. But I’m wondering if that trial will get expanded to a much wider pool of people possibly with a lower price point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter