The Great British cup of tea!

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
Will I be able to make a 'proper' cup of tea in my DVC accommodation?

Putting aside the fact that I should be drinking coffee when in the US ("When in Rome...." etc. etc), I confess that I can't function without my cup of tea in the morning. :rolleyes:

I've tried to make do with bunging a tea-bag in the coffee maker, but it doesn't do it for me, so I usually take my trusty travel kettle with me to US hotels. Last year was our first DVC stay and we were in a Studio so the travel kettle came along as I knew there was only a coffee maker provided, but in October we'll be living the life of luxury in a Grand Villa!

What I need to know is whether the 'full kitchen' facilites in the larger DVC accommodations include a kettle for boiling water. I think the 'tea kettle' mentioned in the Guidebook's list of equipment is what we would call a teapot but, if that's right, is there also a kettle?

Hmmmm, I must admit, I don't remember seeing a kettle in the 1 bedroom, but that's not to say for certain that it wasn't there! However, there is a cooker there...and saucepans...therefore proper boiling water is possible one way or another :)

I'm not British, but I do enjoy tea. There was a whistling tea kettle in our room (a 2BR but 1BR should be the same) at VWL. It was either on top of the stove or in the drawer beneath it. There was not a tea pot to steep the tea in though. Hope this helps you.

yes there is a kettle but no teapot,so we always ask for another glass jug to brew the tea in(which they use for the coffee)and housekeeping just drop one off for us.they think we are so quaint with our tea

BTW there are no egg cups!!

My daughter used a cut up egg carton to hold her boiled eggs.

We looked everywhere for them but were unable to purchase them anywhere

Yep, you'll have a hard time finding egg cups in the states. We just don't eat our eggs like that.

I have a confession to make. I don't like tea. :rolleyes: I wish I did. I don't like coffee either. I drink a diet dr pepper for breakfast. I do like hot coco.

Any ideas on how to start liking tea?

make shure you take your own tea as the stuff you get over there is not as strong
PaulH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter